• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe we all have souls?

klubbhead024

tlcmel said:
Because in all reality, how could you measure consciousness as being a physical element, how would that be possible? Maybe the brain activity but thoughts can't be measured, right?

Not yet, but I'm sure they're working on it:D

TumH20Coreybear

I like The Buddha's understanding of a "soul".

He pretty much said that the idea of a soul is the same as an idea of self, upon investigation into self we find that nothing is there, we do not exist as we normally suspect... we have no singular identity that makes us... us.

so, soul...

doesn't sound to good to me...

pretty much everyone has a bit of soul in him (black people more then others)

the problem with souls is souls can't exist only a patron of behavior can and you can measure patrons in behavior but you can't measure souls so souls don't exist

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Well, this thread is certainly proof of life after death.

No, I don't believe in souls, spirits, essences or anything vaguely like that.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Amazing. Then who or what is writing your posts? Is it that you find the idea of merely being a biological machine more appealing, or..?
I find it to be the truth, I see no need for there to be any eternal, unchanging aspect of myself that exists in any form separate to this body.

Runt

Wow. Here's a shining example of how much my beliefs have changed...

I no longer believe we have souls. Nor do I believe that Consciousness mumbo jumbo I talked about last time I visited this thread. :p