• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe.That the belief in the paranormal.Is getting stronger or weaker?

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you believe.That the belief in the paranormal.Is getting stronger or weaker? :)
Modern generations want the paranormal, because it is impossible. It isn't a solution, and it doesn't promise to be. Its more like a pet than an iphone. Its a story, not a monologue.

I think that people are reacting against the current progressive ideals. Why? Progressive ideas are sold as a black box or packaged solution -- all in one. Part of that black box is a rejection of the paranormal. The new generation hates black boxes. Its been given too many black boxes and wants things it can open and tinker with, not packaged solutions, not "Here I solved it for you." The new generation is saying "Hey, you manufacturers please stop shrinking the circuits to magically small sizes. I want bigger resistors that I can probe. I want parts I can replace. I want things I can make myself."

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Stronger with the emergence of cable TV and the internet and exposure to more stories.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Based on my own experience and speaking as a clairvoyant, I say that interest in the paranormal is getting stronger, and it's been steadily rising in the past few years. Believing in the paranormal is now generally accepted, and the negative stigma that was once attached to believing in ghosts is typically shunned these days. Of course, the bad stigma is still prevalent in most Christian circles, but other than that, believing in the paranormal is widely accepted. I'm actually relieved because I experienced years of loneliness and isolation growing up. I hid my gift of clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience and claircognizance for the majority of my life, because I was afraid of other people questioning my sanity. Being a Christian for most of my life also contributed to the conflict I was feeling inside. I never told anyone in my family what I could do and what I saw, because I knew they would think I was crazy, or it would be dismissed as an overactive imagination. It was clear to me that no one would believe me, so I didn't say a word.

It was terrifying for me as a child, and I felt so alone and isolated. I eventually learned to manage my gift when I was a teenager by teaching myself to ignore what I saw. I also avoided certain locations, specifically cemeteries, hospitals, nursing homes, and older houses and buildings. I kept my secret for the majority of my life, and it was very difficult for me at times. I didn't even tell my husband until after we were married, and much to my relief, he believed me and accepted my gift. In fact, he has been my strongest ally and confidant. It's been such a relief for me to know that I can talk to him about what I experience, if I need to.

I'm 48 years old now, and I no longer hide in the shadows. I'm not ashamed or afraid of what other people think of me anymore. And I'm proud to say that I've used my gift to help spirits cross over, and I've helped some people communicate with a deceased loved one. I'm also proud to share that my gift was passed to three of my daughters, and one of my sons. It is especially strong with my 19-year-old daughter. Her ability is very strong, like mine is. It is much different for my kids than it was for me, because I have helped each of them learn how to accept their gift and manage it. My children know that they can depend on me (and their father) for support and guidance. Long story short, I think that belief in the paranormal is much stronger than it used to be.

Last edited:

Shadow11

I think you have to have a personal experience to really believe. I dreamed of a Demon coming to visit me in a reoccurring dream that went on night after night I never saw the demon until the last dream and in it as the demon was coming at me all of a sudden a blue flaming sword appeared in my hand and I struck the demon knocking him down and I never had the dream again and live in no fear of it.
One of the most striking things about it was the feeling I had in the presence of the demon its un-describable and horrific it feels like all is lost and there's a stink in the thick air that clings to you .You can feel the pure evil just as you can feel the love of God I guess.