• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe that Jesus is YHVH?

Do you believe that Jesus is JHVH? /Jesus adherents only, for vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I realized recently that not all churches actually teach, that Jesus is JHVH.

Comment if you want, and what a church may have taught you about this.

JHVH as in the father? I learned from Church that the father works through the son and through the son, the believer knows the father. So, in that sense, jesus is JHVH because the Church doesn't distinguishes the father from the son in divinity and message.

As for jesus being the creator, no. The Church doesn't teach that. It's kinda confused me at first. I understood it after the sacraments and reading the bible.

But I'm not too familiar with gods different names. If push comes to shove, I just stick with creator. That's universal in both old and new testament.

I didn't vote; but, I'd say no.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
If Jesus was a pattern he could not be God as God is not patterned after anything, God being always.
Jesus is considered, God, in the religion.

John 1:10

Knowing that basic idea concerning christian belief, should inform you that Jesus is not a retelling of Melchizedek, who was not a Deity.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Jesus is considered, God, in the religion.

John 3:36..."He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

So if you obey the son you have everlasting life...but if you disobey the son "God" is is going to be angry with you? Who is "God" in this verse?

John 1:10...."He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him."

Colossians 1:15-17...."He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together."

As the "firstborn of all creation" it appears that he is the one used by God to create everything else. That does not make him God...it makes him an agent of God. If Jesus created things in heaven as well as on earth, then he was the "firstborn" in the sense that he is the only direct creation of God, so the son was the agency "through" which the Father to create everything else..even the angels.

How do these scriptures confirm that Jesus is YHWH? :shrug:

John 1:18...."No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him."

Can you tell me how God is begotten? A begetter is a father who must exist before a son. There is nothing in scripture to support the idea that Jesus and his Father are somehow equal members of the same 'head'.

John 17:3..."This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."

This is Jesus speaking.....he refers to "the only true God" without including himself.

The apostle Paul stated..."For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him."

Who did Paul say was the "one God" of Christ's followers? Not Jesus.

Who did Jesus direct all worship to? Luke 4:8..."Jesus answered him, “It is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.’” He was quoting Deuteronomy 6:13 where the divine name יְהֹוָ֖ה appears in Hebrew.

Knowing that basic idea concerning christian belief, should inform you that Jesus is not a retelling of Melchizedek, who was a king.

Melchizedek was a King/Priest. In Israel, only Judah could produce Kings. Priests had to come from the tribe of Levi. So Jesus was appointed in the same role as Melchizedek by his Father's declaration.

Hebrews 5:5-6..."So also Christ did not glorify Himself so as to become a high priest, but He who said to Him,
You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You”;
6 just as He says also in another passage,
You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Yeshua was an Avatar of YHVH Elohim, he is defined as the right arm of the Lord.... With the God Most High (El Elyon) being the Source of reality, and his father.

There are a number of statements by Yeshua that declare this is what he thought as well, that the Christ is the Lord of David, the Children of Israel cast out demons by his name, and that it was his house of prayer in the Synoptic Gospels.

In the Tanakh it says that the Lord will become Yeshua (Salvation), and that we will physically see the Salvation (Yeshua) from our God.

H3444 + H1961 = Exodus 15:2-3, Psalms 118:14-21, Isaiah 12:2 (2 Samuel 10:11 David Vs Ammon) +5 Verses Isaiah
H3444 + H7200 = Exodus 14:13, Psalms 98:3, Isaiah 52:10 (2 Chronicles 20:17 Jehoshaphat Vs Ammon)

In my opinion. :innocent:

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Thanks, just reading the little intro, puts the Bible enough in perspective to know for almost a fact that "nothing can be sure anymore"
[Like my computer, the Bible needs an update. We need Jesus here now, videorecord + spelling-checker to get our new Bible-update]
[Until that time, I think whatever we try to interpret from the Bible is just speculation and besides the real truth as given by Jesus]
For almost 1,500 years, the New Testament manuscripts were copied by hand––and mistakes and intentional changes abound in the competing manuscript versions. Religious and biblical scholar Bart Ehrman makes the provocative case that many of our widely held beliefs concerning the divinity of Jesus, the Trinity, and the divine origins of the Bible itself are the results of both intentional and accidental alterations by scribes.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If Jesus was a pattern he could not be God as God is not patterned after anything, God being always.

Numbers 23:19
19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Numbers 23:19
19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
OK. I believe it. :)

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That doesn't address what I wrote, at all. One is a man, the other a god. The Scripture is religious, and theistic.
the scripture is errant if you believe idolatry is permissible and jesus is the only god.

melchizedek was a god. you are all gods. he was called Lord by abraham.

it is associated with him that we first encounter El

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am considering that YHVH is the power that allows for the universe and keeps it going. I believe YHVH can actually (despite what Science says) keep it going forever if that is God's will. I don't believe YHVH is invested in it. But, I think that Jesus is invested in it.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
No, he is a mythological and literary construct. There is no contemporary or physical evidence to support the theory that he ever existed.

Then the answer is "we can't say with any certainty if He ever existed nor if He ever Not existed" IMO.

Then the answer is "we can't say with any certainty if He ever existed nor if He ever Not existed" IMO.
But the church would have us then believe that this unhistorical personage is somehow the 'son of god' and the 'only way' to 'salvation'. Millions of people have been tortured and murdered because of this mythological and literary construct!