• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe that Jesus is the Word?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
But where did you get Eesu from? I can find no record of it as a version of the name Jesus.

That is because you don't understand the theory, that you are promoting. If you did, it would be obvious that it is relational to the other names I used, as examples.

The theory that you, presented, aside from not being the correct one, does not explain your theory that Iesous is a rendition of Yeshua. The theory you presented still doesn't make that theory any more likely, and, after adding letters etc., it is still quite theoretical.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Trinity is inferred in the Bible. I already explained, that I believe it is a deific notation, and basically denotes persons in the singular plurality. So that is my answer, to that.
The grammatical singular, indicating plurality. So like 'crowd' or 'sheep'. That rules out one God with three faces. So three one-thirds of God? Or three gods? Or 1+1+1=1? Which is it?
That is because you don't understand the theory, that you are promoting. If you did, it would be obvious that it is relational to the other names I used, as examples.
You haven't answered the question, which is, Where did you get the name Eesu from for 'Jesus'? Did you make it up, for example?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Yes, but Jesus was NOT named Immanuel. One reason for that is that you're quoting the Tanakh, which was completed centuries before (if there was a Jesus at all) there was a Jesus. Another is that Isaiah's suffering servant is the nation of Israel, not a human.

His name shall be Immanuel, is in the NT, directly preceding Jesus being named Jesus. Your theory would make this essentially a random statement, with no meaning contextually.

You have also shifted to religious argumentation, from non religious argumentation, and hence the hodge podge of religious belief mixed with reading the text as non religious, which doesn't work.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
His name shall be Immanuel, is in the NT, directly preceding Jesus being named Jesus. Your theory would make this essentially a random statement, with no meaning contextually.
That must be an alternative suggestion, since Mary didn't take it up. Nor is there any etymological connection between 'Immanuel' and 'Jesus'. So you offer no basis for your assertion.

Nor can you explain where you got Eesu from: another of your whims, I take it?
You have also shifted to religious argumentation, from non religious argumentation, and hence the hodge podge of religious belief mixed with reading the text as non religious, which doesn't work.
But you said you understood the Trinity, and accordingly I've repeatedly sought your clarification, a simple thing for you to provide in those circumstances. So explain it to me: one god with three faces? Three beings each 1/3rd of God? Three gods? 1+1+1=1?

As I said, if you don't know, just say so. But some friendly advice: evasion is never a good look.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
You haven't answered the question, which is, Where did you get the name Eesu from for 'Jesus'? Did you make it up, for example?

Eesu is a direct correlation to Iesou/Iesous, Yesu, Yeshu, and other names for Jesus.
The 'Yeh' being either variable, or formed from the first two letters, varying here, by language.

Note Iesu.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Eesu is a direct correlation to Iesou/Iesous, Yesu, Yeshu, and other names for Jesus.
The 'Yeh' being either variable, or formed from the first two letters, varying here, by language.
But I didn't ask you that. I asked, on each occasion, where you got it from.

Again, where did you get it from? And when you say I should have searched harder, that means you can provide me with a link demonstrating that Eesu is an accepted variant of Jesus. So please do that too.

And when you've done that, explain the Trinity to me. You said you knew, so why do I have to keep asking you?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
But I didn't ask you that. I asked, on each occasion, where you got it from.

Again, where did you get it from? And when you say I should have searched harder, that means you can provide me with a link demonstrating that Eesu is an accepted variant of Jesus. So please do that too.

And when you've done that, explain the Trinity to me. You said you knew, so why do I have to keep asking you?
Or, you could do your own research, and actually know what argument you're trying to present.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Or, you could do your own research, and actually know what argument you're trying to present.
But you're the one who claims to know the answers.

And your continual evasions indicate that you don't.

Okay. I accept that. By now it's unsurprising.

Be well.