• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe that Donald trump is telling the truth

sealchan

Do you believe Donald trump is telling the truth I do. I believe he has done nothing wrong.

He has demonstrably told many lies although it could be argued that he knew he was doing it.

For example, talking about Obama not being a U.S. citizen after his birth certificate was already shared.

Also, Trump often ignores or does not bother to confirm what he says. This is laziness which spreads and supports falsehoods.

Do you have strong male authority figures in your life that you look to for determining what is right or wrong? If so, do you ever find that those authorities decisions on what is true are a burden?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
He is the worst liar I have ever known. I believe nothing that he says or tweets outside of believing that he hates American democracy and wants us to bow down to him as a dictator.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Do you believe Donald trump is telling the truth I do. I believe he has done nothing wrong.
I think he's more open about things like his feelings and his opinions and doesn't care whether they are viewed as being popular or not. He also went out of his way to ensure his campaign promises were kept.

I think Donald Trump is one of the more truthful people involved in politics in this day and age. Unlike the past administration with Obummer.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The truth about what? Here is the truth as I understand it: Once a person is voted into office as US president they have to deal with the other 2 branches and also figure out what their generals are talking about. The generals are funded by the congress not by the president, so the president sort of has to do what the generals suggest. He gets options provided by the generals. Can the president leak information? Yes, they can leak whatever their generals tell them about. It is therefore not as easy for a USA president to commit treason as it would be under a different system. Any treaty he makes must be ratified by congress. Any information he gives out can be a lie or truth. Its not illegal to lie except if its in court under oath. For this reason if you want to 'Get rid' of a president then the best way is to get them into court testifying about something that makes them uncomfortable. That's what is happening. They sense he is uncomfortable talking about his Russian ties, so they want to get him into court and compel him to testify. Then if he lies they can impeach him.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
I think he's more open about things like his feelings and his opinions and doesn't care whether they are viewed as being popular or not. He also went out of his way to ensure his campaign promises were kept.

I think Donald Trump is one of the more truthful people involved in politics in this day and age. Unlike the past administration with Obummer.
I'll give ya the one about him being open about his feelings.
Him being one of the more truthful people? That's demonstrably false.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm proud to be republican. I don't know why people disrespect republican

Same general reasons anyone might disrespect anyone. Some believe respect has to be earned, and disagreements mean someone automatically fails to earn respect. Some don't keep their prejudices in check and judge a person based on their affiliations instead of as individuals. And so on, and so forth...

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I'm proud to be republican. I don't know why people disrespect republican
Mainly because of the claims, behavior and attitudes of the politicians that find a home in that party, and the fact that somehow voters keep supporting those.

Those are, to be gentle, not very conductive to respect - or even very compatible with respect.

The GOP has fallen a long way since the times of Abraham Lincoln or even Eisenhower.

In my living memory, it has never been very well acquaintanced with respect, going back to at least Nixon. I might perhaps make an exception to Ford.

Last edited:

sealchan

I believe he tells the truth. The democrats love to not telling the truth

Evidence?

Or is this just what you want to believe? What people tell you? What authorities in your life who would punish you for contradicting them would tell you?

It is an abuse of free speech to spout opinions that have no evidence to back it up. Truth takes time and effort and isn't something you can magically have without a need to defend it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but not their facts.

Many have abdicated their responsibility for the great power that is free speech. They speak truths that are merely based on their own personal feeling and are not open to other perspectives or new knowledge. They do not hold themselves accountable for what they say. Trump is the king of this lazy attitude toward knowledge and he uses his authority to make what he says right.

In the end those who sin pay for it whether individually, through the group they belong to or within the greater society that has to grow above and beyond childish ways.

Anthem

I wonder where the OP is from. It would sound like a solid explanation they don't have a comprehensive understanding of the english language and hence the tragic miscomprehension.