• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in telepathy?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I believe in clairaudience as a siddhi, but it would only be used to help someone, not as means of communication. at least not publicly.

HonestJoe

Mainstream scientists do not admit what you wrote.
In the context of the "some people", "sometimes" and, most significantly "appear to" I believe they do. The question remains why that appears to be the case. There are plenty of possible mundane explanations, from other ways for the information to be accessed, cold-reading or educated guessing, misrepresentation or misunderstanding of statistical odds or selective presentation of results.

The problem is that proponents only tend to present the cold fact of the effect without any apparent attempt to establish and understand the causes. They may try to eliminate the possibility of some possible mundane causes but that isn't the same thing. So my point remains; if you want to assert the existence of telepathy specifically, you need to hypothesise and test actual telepathy, not just some effects that could possibly be explained by telepathy, among countless other things.

A test 60 years ago at Duke was successful. Not only did the test come under fire, but the university took heat as well.
Could those attacks be on the same basis I'm raising? When you declare this test "successful", what exactly do you mean? What hypothesis was being tested? Did it demonstrate the existence of telepathy or did it just demonstrate some apparently statistically unlikely events but make zero effort to actually study how they happened?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I know it is real and I don't need to believe anymore. I've successfully have been doing this since the mid 2010's

What are the limits of your telepathy? Can you tell me me the last four of my SS-number, for example?

Yes IMO it does exist, and from personal experience I say, generally it is a distraction (but not always) the human mind has a hard time correctly guessing the source of information in a non physical sense, without being able to see the being originating it at the time (internet too, unless someone is on video chat, or we know them personaly, one can never be sure who, or what is creating the information, and with AI nowadays, that includes voice.)
A good portion of the people experiencing spontaneous auditory hallucenations originating after spirituality seeking, or after interacting with EBE's are IMO often recieving data, rather than generating it in their own brain, but the temptation to assume its origin or meaning, often result in people being labled psychotic, who otherwise are not.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Yes IMO it does exist, and from personal experience I say, generally it is a distraction (but not always) the human mind has a hard time correctly guessing the source of information in a non physical sense, without being able to see the being originating it at the time (internet too, unless someone is on video chat, or we know them personaly, one can never be sure who, or what is creating the information, and with AI nowadays, that includes voice.)
A good portion of the people experiencing spontaneous auditory hallucenations originating after spirituality seeking, or after interacting with EBE's are IMO often recieving data, rather than generating it in their own brain, but the temptation to assume its origin or meaning, often result in people being labled psychotic, who otherwise are not.

In addition to the indeterminate source, my own thoughts are riddled with false assumptions and guess work, a mix of fact and fiction. I would expect that anyone picking up on these thoughts would need some method for sorting out what's useful?

( what's an EBE? )

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I would be concerned for anyone that tries to read my mind. They'd likely run screaming depending on when they decided to look.

EBE =.Extraterrestrial Biological Entity. And in regards to being able to sort out the mind (even our own) its quite the challenge. My guess some of the EBE filter telepathy through a AI capable of sifting and making sense of it to their own species.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
EBE =.Extraterrestrial Biological Entity. And in regards to being able to sort out the mind (even our own) its quite the challenge. My guess some of the EBE filter telepathy through a AI capable of sifting and making sense of it to their own species.

Thank you, that makes sense.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you believe in telepathy?Yes or No?.I do.:)
If I were hunting telepathic people I'd wonder: would telepathic people seek out other telepathic people? The answer leads to very different results. Are they loners? Would they like to be around lots of non-telepaths or what? Would they like to manipulate people or hate it? Would they like being alone with their plants? Would they be good with pets? Would they like children or not? Would they be vegetarians? These kinds of questions might help to determine what a telepath might be like. We could probably answer some of these even without a telepath to answer them, so that is how we'd begin our search. To start we'd get a bulletin board and some pins and yarn. Then we could collect ideas and media articles that seemed related to these questions and put them onto the bulletin board. Then we could advertise to other people interested in these questions to find out of they had any information; and we could start a club about it. They could come also and bring their bulletin boards, and we could meet maybe once a week to work on the answers and share ideas.