• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in reincarnation ???

Do you believe in reincarnation ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The difference in "our" perceptions vs. that of the entity, is that there is little or no lag between conception and realization. In some ways you could think of it as a Commodore 64 vs. the fastest computers on the planet. The logic cycle is similar but the "time" lag is somewhat transparent. Does that make sense to you? What is difficult to grasp is that like a computer, when multitasking, the "soul" can process MANY thoughts simultaneously whereas the human mind, although very good, cannot handle data the same way.

The soul is directly connected to God... For any computer that is a very fast connection.

lunamoth

Will to love
I have no reason to logically accept the idea of reincarnation more than I do resurrection, and the two are not compatible. I find the idea of resurrection more hopeful, and it is in keeping with my religion.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The soul is directly connected to God... For any computer that is a very fast connection.
Ssshhh. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet Terry. :) But yes, you are quite correct. The "soul" is our "hotline" to what "god" may well be.

kadzbiz

Hiya Kadzbiz, I don't mean to argue with you on this one, but

But you do, otherwise you'd not have posted. :)

One thing that I want to stress is that the "soul" does not require enlightenment as it is already extremely aware of its own distinct viewpoints of reality. .....

That's your opinion of course. I think souls are looking at how to feel completed and just use our bodies as vehicles to discover the truth. Every living thing has a soul and I think that they slowly morph from basic elemental consciouness to a highly refined complex awareness of being. I think that we have evolved from simple plants and evolved our way thru various living forms until we got to human, but one may recycle a human form many times until "fully aware". My opinion of course. I feel satisfied with that.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
But you do, otherwise you'd not have posted. :)

That's your opinion of course. I think souls are looking at how to feel completed and just use our bodies as vehicles to discover the truth. Every living thing has a soul and I think that they slowly morph from basic elemental consciouness to a highly refined complex awareness of being. I think that we have evolved from simple plants and evolved our way thru various living forms until we got to human, but one may recycle a human form many times until "fully aware". My opinion of course. I feel satisfied with that.
Frankly, that is actually pretty good, imho, of course. :)

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
I think souls are looking at how to feel completed and just use our bodies as vehicles to discover the truth. Every living thing has a soul and I think that they slowly morph from basic elemental consciouness to a highly refined complex awareness of being. I think that we have evolved from simple plants and evolved our way thru various living forms until we got to human, but one may recycle a human form many times until "fully aware". My opinion of course. I feel satisfied with that.

This is in accordance with my beliefs as well. :yes:

FFH

Veteran Member
reincarnation would be my idea of hell.
Yeah, seriously who would want to come back to this life again.

No choice in the matter anyway, we all move on, whether we want to or not, no second chances to relive this mortal life...

cardero

Citizen Mod

No choice in the matter anyway, we all move on, whether we want to or not, no second chances to relive this mortal life...
I think it would depend on what existence we would like to experience. Another physical human experience might not "suit" us in our next incarnation. The life time span of a bee may be more enticing. The lazy, pampered life of a house cat might be attractive. Returning for a season as an ear of corn so another could eat could be a fulfilling purpose. Another existence does not even have to be constricted to this planet or galaxy. The choices abound. It would also be helpful to not look onto reincarnation as a "second chance". Most likely one has never done anything incorrect on their previous “chance" to warrent a second.

FFH

Veteran Member
I think it would depend on what existence we would like to experience. Another physical human experience might not "suit" us in our next incarnation. The life time span of a bee may be more enticing. The lazy, pampered life of a house cat might be attractive. Returning for a season as an ear of corn so another could eat could be a fulfilling purpose. Another existence does not even have to be constricted to this planet or galaxy. The choices abound. It would also be helpful to not look onto reincarnation as a "second chance". Most likely one has never done anything incorrect on their previous “chance" to warrent a second.
I think most mistake incarnating another body in another life/world, with moving onto the next life or stage of our existance, in which our spirits will be reunited with our perfectly restored immortal bodies (or mortal bodies, minus all the flaws/defects/imperfections, which will no longer be subject to death and disease)...

FFH

Veteran Member
Our spirits have a huuman form, even in the absence of our bodies, and this form will never change into another form...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Me. Allthough, it won't be this life. A different life, while I will somewhat be "me," I will be a different person.

FFH

Veteran Member
That's what the River Lethe is for. :cool:
Things will only get better if we choose to make them better.

Another life, external circumstances, conditions or things will not change things. We will still be the same basic being...

We control change, not our circumstances... I choose to change now and make a better life for myself...

There is no need to repeat this life... It wouldn't do us any good...

cardero

Citizen Mod
FFH writes: I think most mistake incarnating another body in another life/world, with moving onto the next life or stage of our existance,
This is interesting way to look at it.
FFH writes: Our spirits have a huuman form, even in the absence of our bodies, and this form will never change into another form...

This concept could only be pridefully proclaimed from a human. The natural physicality of the human form is exclusive to this particular planet and would probably have no purpose in the spiritual realm.

FFH writes: There is no need to repeat this life... It wouldn't do us any good...

Then choose another species entirely. No two incarnations can ever be the same.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hiya FFH, by reading your description of reincarnation it would appear you have not grasped the basics as it were.
Things will only get better if we choose to make them better...
That is quite correct. The individual must learn to adapt to change otherwise they will stagnate in a changeless dogma of whatever stripe.

Another life, external circumstances, conditions or things will not change things. We will still be the same basic being......
Umm.. who told you that, lol. FFH, that is simply not the case. Not only do you as an individual have to adapt to change but you MUST believe that you can control the circumstances of your life to a large degree. Anything else is fatalistic and not especially "healthy" thinking.

We control change, not our circumstances... I choose to change now and make a better life for myself......
Are not our circumstance in flux as well? I believe they are and so fall under the banner heading of "change", which you yourself agree we have control over. The main thing is that you can change both yourself and your circumstances. If you believe otherwise then your experience will reflect outmoded belief systems.

There is no need to repeat this life... It wouldn't do us any good...
In reincarnational terms one simply does not "repeat" lifetimes ad nauseum. Each lifetime represents a fresh focus and although the core being if the same, certain elements are introduced in each incarnation that did not usually exist in a "prior" life. You also have to understand that you are not at the mercy of so-called "karma" as it is normally conceived. You are not bound by the actions commited from a "previous" lifetime... although the individual DOES benefit from the accrued life-experiences.