• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe after death life?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When the brain is dead, you no longer exist. Christians will be resurrected at the end for eternal life, but the others will never live again.
It's by no means clear to me that this means the Christians will be better off than the others. To put that another way ─

One hundred
billion
years on
what will you say
to your true love?​

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
And your understanding is correct. Physical death is just like walking into another room.
Perhaps yes, but (a small correction), it is like walking into millions of rooms, because the atoms of your body will join millions of living and non-living things.
Of course that is not the only reason I believe in an afterlife. I believe in it primarily because of what Baha'u'llah wrote and also because of what others who communicated with spirits in the afterlife have written.
Did he offer any evidence of what he was saying? ALL THAT HE SAID shatters before the altar of evidence.

Last edited:

SeekingAllTruth

An afterlife seems like the only way for God to recompense all those (like me) who have suffered so much in this life. That is why I do not believe it is "too good to be true."

Of course that is not the only reason I believe in an afterlife. I believe in it primarily because of what Baha'u'llah wrote and also because of what others who communicated with spirits in the afterlife have written.
I do respect your feelings about such things. :) For me, it remains an elusive dream.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It's by no means clear to me that this means the Christians will be better off than the others.
That's right, because everyone who lives and dies will be resurrected, and not only Christians, but all those who were close to God will gain eternal life.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's right, because everyone who lives and dies will be resurrected, and not only Christians, but all those who were close to God will gain eternal life.
As you're probably teasing me about, I meant that when you think about it, being dead is a better alternative than living forever in heaven.

Or as Woody Allen is said to have said, Eternity is very long, especially towards the end,

SeekingAllTruth

I wouldn't expect any Atheist, Humanist, or Materialist to believe in an afterlife, but for others that might be less committed to a naturalistic view, you really should consider the evidence.

Even if one doesn't subscribe to any of the various religions teaching mankind's presence of an eternal soul, it's hard to ignore all of the testimonies affirming this. There's been several books written on the topic of life after death, with thousands of interviews conducted on subjects having biological near death experiences. Many of these accounts have been at least partially verified from doctors' details, making it highly unlikely, if not impossible, for all of them to be dismissed as folly.

YouTube has several interesting NDE accounts that I've just begun to watch and assess. Following, is the best I've found yet from an expert in the field who has authored an excellent book on the subject. You know, denying one's Creator or soul won't negate the reality, and so far the Christian perspective holds up true to the evidence for this reality, be it scientific empirical evidence for the creation, prophetic evidence for the Bible's authority, or NDE testimony evidence for the accounts of meeting Jesus in Heaven. Here's a 45 minute sermon on the subject for anyone wanting some insight on what lies ahead after our time here.

Heavily slanted toward Christian theology. Did he get into how you are judged by God immediately upon dying and depending on if you accepted Jesus you either go to heaven or are immediately sent to hell? Jack Chick gave us a pretty good cartoon form of what Christians think happens after we die. It's not so rosy for Buddhists, Baha'i, Hindus, and Muslims--the vast majority of mankind
images
images

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Perhaps yes, but (a small correction), it is like walking into millions of rooms, because the atoms of your body will join millions of living and non-living things.Did he offer any evidence of what he was saying? ALL THAT HE SAID falls before the altar of evidence.
That's the truth about what will happen to your body, but that is not what happens to your soul.
Your soul will retain its own identity as it has in this life.

You cannot have direct evidence of the spiritual world from the material world since it is not visible from this world.
You will have the direct evidence after you die but it is best to know where you are headed before that. At least I will not have it on my conscience that I did not tell people, but whether they believe me or not is not my responsibility. I have told many atheists what lies ahead over the course of my life on these forums and most scoffed at me. I do believe that one of those atheists has crossed over to the spiritual world because he was pretty old and he suddenly disappeared from all the forums he was on. I hope to see him when I cross over because even though we were at odds with one another for over six years I still considered him my friend.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
As you're probably teasing me about, I meant that when you think about it, being dead is a better alternative than living forever in heaven.

Or as Woody Allen is said to have said, Eternity is very long, especially towards the end,
That's true, but it all depends upon what heaven is like and since we have no way of knowing we'll just have to wait and see. I do NOT like the idea of living forever, and I think that is because I project what this life has been like onto the afterlife. But I think heaven will be a hell of a lot better than this life, which has been hell. Still, forever is a long time.:eek: The bright side is that we will never have to fear death anymore, we will only have to fear eternal life. :D

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Heavily slanted toward Christian theology. Did he get into how you are judged by God immediately upon dying and depending on if you accepted Jesus you either go to heaven or are immediately sent to hell? Jack Chick gave us a pretty good cartoon form of what Christians think happens after we die. It's not so rosy for Buddhists, Baha'i, Hindus, and Muslims--the vast majority of mankind.
Now you are going to force me to tell you a couple of "Baha'i jokes" about heaven that were relayed to me many years ago from my friend Dale, a Baha'i who owned the Planet Baha'i forum. :D

Dale said: In response to that last paragraph (about everyone thinking only "their crowd" will go to heaven), I'd like to offer two Baha'i jokes that I heard years ago. They mix Christian imagery with Baha'i concepts, but they're fun.

A Baha'i dies and is met at the Gates of Heaven by St. Peter, who welcomes him and offers to show him around to get him oriented. "Heaven," St. Peter says, "is like a huge mansion, with lots of rooms in it. Here, for example, is the room where all of the Jews stay." He opens a door and lets him look inside, where a great many Jews are living.

"Over here," St. Peter says, "is where the Muslims stay." Again, he opens the door and lets the Baha'i look in for a few minutes. "This next room is for the Buddhists." Again, he is shown a room full of people. This goes on for a time, until St. Peter suddenly urges him to remain quiet, and they tiptoe past one more door. Once they're past it, the Baha'i asks, "What's in there, and why do we have to be so quiet?"

"Ah," St. Peter says. "That's where the Christians live. They like to think they're the only ones up here."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Baha'i dies and is met at the Gates of Heaven by St. Peter, who welcomes him and offers to show him around to get him oriented. To make this short, I'll just say he goes through the same deal as in the previous joke, except he gets to see the Christians. Finally, they come to one last door, which St. Peter opens. "This was built for the Baha'is," he says. But when the Baha'i looks in, he finds that the room is empty!

"Oh no!" he cries. "This can't be! How can I be the only Baha'i here??"

"Calm down," St. Peter says. "The Baha'is are all off travel teaching in hell."

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That's the truth about what will happen to your body, but that is not what happens to your soul.
You cannot have direct evidence of the spiritual world from the material world since it is not visible from this world.
You will have the direct evidence after you die but it is best to know where you are headed before that.
I hope to see him when I cross over because even though we were at odds with one another for over six years I still considered him my friend.
Soul? Evidence?
If I do not get evidence, why should I believe?
How do you know that I will get any evidence after death and how will I be aware of it without a working brain?
Where I am headed is a cremation ground in our locality and later my ashes go to River Ganges (at Garh Mukteshwar, 100 km from Delhi, that will be my instruction to my son so that he does not have to go to Haridwar which is at more than double the distance from Delhi, 223 km). You will probably be heading to a cemetery in your city.
That is nice of you, but no one crosses over to anything after death, no river, no road; only the cortege crosses anything.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Soul? Evidence?
If I do not get evidence, why should I believe?
How do you know that I will get any evidence after death and how will I be aware of it without a working brain?
Where I am headed is a cremation ground in our locality and later my ashes go to River Ganges (at Garh Mukteshwar, 100 km from Delhi, that will be my instruction to my son so that he does not have to go to Haridwar which is at more than double the distance from Delhi, 223 km). You will probably be heading to a cemetery in your city.
That is nice of you, but no one crosses over to anything after death, no river, no road; only the cortege crosses anything.
You won't need a brain after you die because the soul only works through the brain while we are alive in a physical body, but since it is the soul that is responsible for consciousness, we will continue to think, even more clearly after we have no physical body, since there physical body is an impediment to the soul. You will have a spiritual body, a form of some kind, and the soul will work through that new body you will have.

I am not saying that you should believe anything I say, I am just stating what I believe, which is not only based upon what Baha'ullah and Abdu'l-Baha and Shoghi Effendi wrote, it is also based upon other books I have read that corroborate what they wrote.

I feel sad for you that you believe death is the final curtain call, but you will find out soon enough that it was not.
What lies beyond nobody can ever really know until they die and cross over, not anymore than a baby in the womb can know what it will see when it is born into this world.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dead bodies won't but dead souls might, depending upon how they conducted themselves in this world.
As Robert Browning put it, in 'A Toccata of Galuppi's' (1842) ─
12,​
Yes, you, like a ghostly cricket, creaking where a house was burned:
“Dust and ashes, dead and done with, Venice spent what Venice earned.
The soul, doubtless, is immortal – where a soul can be discerned.
13.​
“Yours for instance: you know physics, something of geology,
Mathematics are your pastime; souls shall rise in their degree;
Butterflies may dread extinction, – you’ll not die, it can not be!
14.​
“As for Venice and her people, merely born to bloom and drop,
Here on earth they bore their fruitage, mirth and folly were the crop:
What of soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?​

capumetu

That's the question who can answer?

Yes I do. Why? Rom 6:23 is just as sure as the existence of Jehovah. If He does not exist, then no, there is no everlasting life. Paul kinda said it like this: (1 Corinthians 15:32) . . .If the dead are not to be raised up, “let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we are to die.”

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I feel sad for you that you believe death is the final curtain call, but you will find out soon enough that it was not.
Don't feel sad for me. It will not be curtains for me. As I have always said, I am star-dust, I am the stuff of which the whole universe is composed of, I am eternal, I am Brahman, I have been around for 13.78 billion years and I will be around till this universe lasts. Of course, the form of what constitutes me will change all the time, that is my inherent property. Unfortunately, you have lived as a slave and it wont be any different even after. :)