• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you Appreciate What the Universe has Given You

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Umm... Yeah I guess.
Being conscious, being alive is a pretty cool experience.

But, was it given as in there was a choice to give or not to give?

Should we appreciate what has been "given" to us if there was no actual choice made to give us anything?

Maybe we just happen to exist because that is the mechanics of the universe.

If we ever find out that some entity made a choice to create those mechanics, sure, I'll tell them thanks.

Until then I don't see a reason that my appreciation needs to go beyond the appreciation of life itself, for what it is.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Umm... Yeah I guess.

Should we appreciate what has been "given" to us if there was no actual choice made to give us anything?

If we ever find out that some entity made a choice to create those mechanics, sure, I'll tell them thanks.

Until then I don't see a reason that my appreciation needs to go beyond the appreciation of life itself, for what it is.

I try to appreciate other humans.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

This is pretty much my line of thinking. Say thank you (be the thank you) in itself. Though, I don't find it misguided to need an outside idea or party to attribute gratitude to.

A question: why do people say Universe (Cosmos, and all) rather than god?

Even though the word is different, in context mind as well say god.

King Phenomenon

Umm... Yeah I guess.

I appreciate
I don’t think there was a choice. I’ll just keep reliving my same life over and over thanks to the creator

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Umm... Yeah I guess.

I look at it as being the hand I'm dealt.

I suppose I appreciate taking in the sights and the privilege of seeing the actual surface of several planets and moons. The wonder and awe is certainly there. That the universe is so freaky and astounding that at times I'm at a loss of words.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Umm... Yeah I guess.

Having life is as lucky as winning the lottery 10 times in a row.

The chances were so impossible....

I enjoy every day....... :)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
This is pretty much my line of thinking. Say thank you (be the thank you) in itself. Though, I don't find it misguided to need an outside idea or party to attribute gratitude to.

To me, the word God brings with it a lot of religious baggage.
The universe may have some sentient awareness or it may not. The word God also assumes some type of sentient awareness. I've no good reason to assume it does.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

For me Universe, God, Spirit, Great Unknown, Allah, Jehova, Shiva, Zoraster, Rama, Krishna, Sita, Radha, Brahma, Self are all fine
I am lucky to have no negative association with any of them, and for me they all point in the same direction ... Consciousness

I think when people have negative experiences with a certain name then I can understand they rather use a different name
That is probably the smart thing to do, why torture yourself?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
To me, the word God brings with it a lot of religious baggage.

The baggage may not come from God though.....he didn't invent "religion"....man did.

The universe may have some sentient awareness or it may not. The word God also assumes some type of sentient awareness. I've no good reason to assume it does.

I have very good reasons to believe that a sentient Being created all of these.....

images
images
images
images
images
images
images
images
images
images
images
images

What would be the point of all this beauty and color if there were no eyes to see it or a heart to appreciate it?

Did all of this wonder just pop into existence with no intelligent direction....
I believe it is unintelligent to think so....

rational experiences

Veteran Member
O earth. Theist said from eternal God O was released mass owned no space.

Yet O God earth removed mass back to holes spaces

Science said two forms of space. Complete emptiness and radiating mass held in space of various forms.

Universe owns all other forms of God.

Earth mass whole an entity greater than space.

So to do science he invented a space gained by God O earth mass.

UFO effect.

Maths O is human applied science what understanding a bio conscious had.

O numbers maths.

And yet the scientist also uses words. Descriptions. Explanations not maths as reasoning to convince.

Why the universe never owned the God of earth human sciences.

How holes emptied out energy of earth mass that proved he lied about energy transforming into lower changed states when he was doing the application energy removal himself.

Words not maths is how he achieved status of non respect for anything that existed.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Umm... Yeah I guess.

I appreciate it but yes there is nobody to thank if there is no giver.
When you see the giver will you say thanks or complain about the problems or both?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Umm... Yeah I guess.

Thank God for all we can be.

Regards Tony

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Umm... Yeah I guess.

The universe is a part of the creation, so yes i do appreciate the posability this universe is given to me.

stvdv

What would be the point of all this beauty and color if there were no eyes to see it or a heart to appreciate it?

Did all of this wonder just pop into existence with no intelligent direction....
:D
You selected beautiful pictures. No human created picture comes close to such perfection IMO

Even if they could create 1 such beauty, how about creating a few trillions of them

God is described in Hindu Scriptures as Sathyam-Shivam-Sundaram = Truth-Godliness-Beauty

stvdv

I am not sure if "God has a point creating all this beauty"
The moment people start having a "point" when doing their stuff
It usually is the point when things get worse

God is described in Hindu Scriptures as Sathyam-Shivam-Sundaram = Truth-Godliness-Beauty

So, I believe, as God is described as "Beauty", it's natural that Beauty comes out (is expressed)

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The universe? Well it was a bit selective I suppose, since I can thank and applaud the sperm that made it past the winning post but feel sad for all the rest - such enormous waste and so obvious that the winning sperm would do so. :oops:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

I don't think there is anyone here who thinks it just "pop[ped] into existence."

I believe you are building a straw man.

That aside, those are some beautiful pictures you posted.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I appreciate it but yes there is nobody to thank if there is no giver.
When you see the giver will you say thanks or complain about the problems or both?

Good question.
I suppose it will depend on what actual knowledge is available to me about the creator at the time.