• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you agree with Hillary that she;s not interested in changing hearts?

whirlingmerc

Seems Moses, Jesus and even Black Lives Matter all feel hearts should change. Hillary however in an ABC discussion with Black Lives Matter had a point of contention where she wasn't interested in change of heart merely making rules and laws.

Who's right? Moses, Jesus, Black Lives Matter or Hillary?

4consideration

Premium Member
Seems Moses, Jesus and even Black Lives Matter all feel hearts should change. Hillary however in an ABC discussion with Black Lives Matter had a point of contention where she wasn't interested in change of heart merely making rules and laws.

I think it's best to provide a link to what you are talking about. It's difficult for people to respond without having the exact words, and the context in which they were said.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.

I remember that.

The answer is Hillary.

whirlingmerc

Thanks ES Smith, you're too nice.

“I don’t believe you change hearts,” Clinton told Julius Jones in an candid moment backstage after a campaign event. “I believe you change laws, you change allocation of resources, you change the way systems operate. Hillary Clinton

I forgot to mention Martin Luther King would probably not agree with HIllary either and the greatest gains happened because he took the high road of non violent protest. The greatest and most lasting gains came from changed attitudes.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

Here's what I am gonna do. Respond to the OP as written. Then read esmith's link and respond to that.

Hillary is right. You cannot make people change their hearts. Most efforts to do so are perceived as manipulation and brainwashing, here in the USA. Hillary is a politician. She works with the system as it is, not the way any of the huge and various subgroups in the USA think it should be.

Even when she is president, changing hearts is way above her pay grade. She doesn't have the rights or mandate or power to do that. She will have the ability and mandate to influence and change laws and court rulings. She should stick to those things that our elected leaders are charged with, at least on a professional level.
If she wants to change hearts on a private level, through discussion or funding causes or whatever, that's fine too.
But those are separate things in a democratic republic.
Tom

Ok. Now I will read the link and see if I still feel the same way.

whirlingmerc

Oddly when it comes to abortion, Hillary doesn't shrink at saying religious attitudes have to change... is that an inconsistency in her approach?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Oddly when it comes to abortion, Hillary doesn't shrink at saying religious attitudes have to change... is that an inconsistency in her approach?
I don't see the inconsistency. Could you explain why reducing abortions by using government policies and services is inconsistent with Hillary's platform? And changing laws so that religious people can't use the government to prop up irresponsible sex?
Tom

tytlyf

Not Religious
That's because America isn't a theocracy, the secular constitution doesn't need religious law. The people against abortion are doing so with religion as their agenda. Heck, they even think Planned Parenthood is using their tax dollars to do abortions. Someone lied to them, and continue to do so. America needs high information voters, not low information.

Keep religion out of government and politics.