• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you agree with Abigail Disney that Jesus is not worth 22 million or is he of infinite worth

whirlingmerc

You Are Right, Abigail Disney: Why Jesus Is Not Worth Millions

You Are Right, Abigail Disney
Why Jesus Is Not Worth Millions
you-are-right-abigail-disney-kv8e7xtn-81da759f11c6496c1b4f532cb4cf2da0.jpg

john-piper-t1zc1vhs-bb4f7ebdfa75335bd1534e50dc3bbc7c.jpg

Earlier today heiress Abigail Disney, the granddaughter of Roy Disney, co-founder of The Walt Disney Company, said she thinks CEOs in general are paid far too much:

If your CEO salary is at the 700, 600, 500 times your median workers’ pay, there is nobody on Earth — Jesus Christ himself isn’t worth 500 times his median workers’ pay.

So Jesus is not worth 500 x $45,000 = $22.5 million annual salary.

I just had to jump on this opportunity to say how right Ms. Disney is. But perhaps for reasons different than she intends.

Immeasurable Value
Jesus is not worth a $22.5 million annual salary, first, because the skill set he brings is worth infinitely more. Infinitely, literally. Paying Jesus $22.5 million annually would be an insult. Like paying Churchill a dollar for his part in defeating Hitler. Or paying Martin Luther King a quarter for his part leading to the Civil Rights Act. Or paying Alexander Fleming a nickel for discovering the existence of antibiotics. Paying Jesus only $22.5 million annually would be worse. Infinitely worse.

Jesus’s value for the human race, and his particular skill set, are immeasurable. For example, in Jesus God did what no other human — or even any divine law — could do: “God did what the law . . . could not do. By sending [Jesus] his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh” (Romans 8:3).

unquote

see You Are Right, Abigail Disney: Why Jesus Is Not Worth Millions

what say you? agree/ disagree?

I find it ironic that Abigail means 'a father's joy' and if Jesus indeed is 'the father's joy' who 'he delights in' why would he not be of infinite worth? Perhaps it boils down to what your treasure is?

Last edited:

whirlingmerc

I also do not think a professional athlete like a football player is worth millions for throwing a ball around every weekend.

I'm fine with Oprah earning allot or a CEO earning allot if they lead a company into profitability they should enjoy some of it

I have more problems with CEOs of companies losing lots of money getting big big buyouts

InChrist

Free4ever
From my perspective Jesus is of infinite value. All the riches in the entire world wouldn't begin to touch what He is worth and besides He owns everything already.

whirlingmerc

From my perspective Jesus is of infinite value. All the riches in the entire world wouldn't begin to touch what He is worth and besides He owns everything already.

The Bible says 'all things were made for Him' that is quite a lot

Col 1:16
For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.

On the other hand believers are a crown to God and God is a crown to them
so there is some mutual valuing going on

74x12

Earlier today heiress Abigail Disney, the granddaughter of Roy Disney, co-founder of The Walt Disney Company, said she thinks CEOs in general are paid far too much:

If your CEO salary is at the 700, 600, 500 times your median workers’ pay, there is nobody on Earth — Jesus Christ himself isn’t worth 500 times his median workers’ pay.

I just had to jump on this opportunity to say how right Ms. Disney is. But perhaps for reasons different than she intends.

Immeasurable Value
Jesus is not worth a $22.5 million annual salary, first, because the skill set he brings is worth infinitely more. Infinitely, literally. Paying Jesus $22.5 million annually would be an insult. Like paying Churchill a dollar for his part in defeating Hitler. Or paying Martin Luther King a quarter for his part leading to the Civil Rights Act. Or paying Alexander Fleming a nickel for discovering the existence of antibiotics. Paying Jesus only $22.5 million annually would be worse. Infinitely worse.

Jesus’s value for the human race, and his particular skill set, are immeasurable. For example, in Jesus God did what no other human — or even any divine law — could do: “God did what the law . . . could not do. By sending [Jesus] his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh” (Romans 8:3).

unquote

I find it ironic that Abigail means 'a father's joy' and if Jesus indeed is 'the father's joy' who 'he delights in' why would he not be of infinite worth? Perhaps it boils down to what your treasure is?
Her statement is silly and unquestionably false. Yes, Jesus is worth more than she could possibly imagine.

Shad

Veteran Member

Immeasurable Value

unquote

She is babbling in order to pander.