• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Women Have Souls?

Ellen Brown

You mean the Nag Hammadi?

It seems clear to me that ALL of the documents of the Jews, Christians, and Muslims are very corrupted. It seems simple enough to use them to form a basis on how we should live, but when we start interpreting them to mean highly detailed codes of conduct they become ineffective, and very dangerous. I think that this hostile interpretation of the documents comes from the evil of men and is not the intention of God.

Some giggle about the 613 rules of the Jews, and the Muslim Fatwas and Hadeeths are just as nuts in the hands of someone who is power hungry and vindictive. For me, the Christians just do not do solid research and rely on their Pastors when they should be doing their own study, and acting like adults, not codependent adolescents.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
I have been Muslim since 2005 and had never heard that Women do not have souls. Is this so?

as-salamu alaikum,
i must say that i found your question to be strange.

i will only mention one important point here.
let us talk about one woman here.

she is Fatima, the daughter of our beloved prophet SAW.

Now here is what the Shiites believe about her. they believe that she is the third BEST human God has ever created.

On the other hand, here is a point that has been made by one famous shia Muslim Scholar. He said that in the level of souls there is no woman and no man. I.e.; there is no male soul and female soul. there is only human soul.

i am not sure if he is right or wrong, but this shows how Islam has gave women their rights.

sorry for quoting many Shiites in this reply. this only because i have been almost always lived within my Shiite community.
all the best

Ellen Brown

as-salamu alaikum,
i must say that i found your question to be strange.

i will only mention one important point here.
let us talk about one woman here.

she is Fatima, the daughter of our beloved prophet SAW.

Now here is what the Shiites believe about her. they believe that she is the third BEST human God has ever created.

On the other hand, here is a point that has been made by one famous shia Muslim Scholar. He said that in the level of souls there is no woman and no man. I.e.; there is no male soul and female soul. there is only human soul.

i am not sure if he is right or wrong, but this shows how Islam has gave women their rights.

sorry for quoting many Shiites in this reply. this only because i have been almost always lived within my Shiite community.
all the best

Wa Alaikum Salaam:
For me, there is neither Sunni nor Shia, only Muslim. As to the difference between the two sects, let each one seek Allah SWT in their own way.
Ma Salama

Khadijah

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe Fatima daughter of Mohammad is an equal level of Mohammad and Ali. Most Shiites see her 3rd best, but I believe Ahlulbayt (as) are of equal rank and of utmost submission and utmost possible praise for a creation to have.

Having said this, Women outnumber men in paradise, and even in the pre-covenant world, the feminine souls outnumber sincerity to God then males, that is why there are so many houral ayn who are pure souls that have no need of the trial of this world.

They are the greater of the two sexes, and woman manifest God's love and compassion more perfectly. He has made men to be regarding women to be ones who ought to uplift them, and raise them in confidence. He made the women more vulnerable to men and tried the women with being oppressed by men through history and God favors the oppressed over the oppressor, and God knew our souls lacked the patience to carry a child.

We are meant to protect women, uplift them, serve them, work for them, and women are meant to blessed flowers and the beautiful scent of God's love and be the adornment of humanity.

This is what the Quran teaches and hadiths teaches, and Quran when it says "and the male is not like the woman", it was in context, you been honored more then ever will know with Mariam and Mariam is not less then the Prophets in children Israel and in fact, she has the greater vessel and spiritually is their equal.

Fatima has been chosen with that name, because of the nature of the Originator, the nature of God that protects against the fire, and she is the heart of Islam, but most people don't realize.

As for Sarah, she is chosen as well.

But the fact is most of the pure souls that didn't need trial of this world, just as Prophets don't need trial of this world but come to help us, are women. They are houral Ayn. And most converts to Islam are women.

Ellen Brown

I believe Fatima daughter of Mohammad is an equal level of Mohammad and Ali. Most Shiites see her 3rd best, but I believe Ahlulbayt (as) are of equal rank and of utmost submission and utmost possible praise for a creation to have.

Having said this, Women outnumber men in paradise, and even in the pre-covenant world, the feminine souls outnumber sincerity to God then males, that is why there are so many houral ayn who are pure souls that have no need of the trial of this world.

They are the greater of the two sexes, and woman manifest God's love and compassion more perfectly. He has made men to be regarding women to be ones who ought to uplift them, and raise them in confidence. He made the women more vulnerable to men and tried the women with being oppressed by men through history and God favors the oppressed over the oppressor, and God knew our souls lacked the patience to carry a child.

We are meant to protect women, uplift them, serve them, work for them, and women are meant to blessed flowers and the beautiful scent of God's love and be the adornment of humanity.

This is what the Quran teaches and hadiths teaches, and Quran when it says "and the male is not like the woman", it was in context, you been honored more then ever will know with Mariam and Mariam is not less then the Prophets in children Israel and in fact, she has the greater vessel and spiritually is their equal.

Fatima has been chosen with that name, because of the nature of the Originator, the nature of God that protects against the fire, and she is the heart of Islam, but most people don't realize.

As for Sarah, she is chosen as well.

But the fact is most of the pure souls that didn't need trial of this world, just as Prophets don't need trial of this world but come to help us, are women. They are houral Ayn. And most converts to Islam are women.

The conservative Sunnis say there are more women in Jahannam than men.

Wasp

A woman is not the heart of Islam. A man is not the heart of Islam. Has the prophet ever said, "I am the heart of islam"?

chris baron

but women and only women are responsible for the deaths of millions and millions of unborn babies.
i know men can be cruel and heartless but i have seen in women an unbelievable capacity for cruelty against children. check out what the feminist canadian criminal code says about infanticide

canadian criminal code
233. Infanticide
233. A female person commits infanticide when by a wilful act or omission she causes the death of her newly-born child, if at the time of the act or omission she is not fully recovered from the effects of giving birth to the child and by reason thereof or of the effect of lactation consequent on the birth of the child her mind is then disturbed.
237. Punishment for infanticide
237. Every female person who commits infanticide is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years.
Canadian Mother Strangles Newborn, Gets No Jail Time and Judge Defends Infanticide By Comparing It to Abortion

whirlingmerc

but women and only women are responsible for the deaths of millions and millions of unborn babies.
i know men can be cruel and heartless but i have seen in women an unbelievable capacity for cruelty against children. check out what the feminist canadian criminal code says about infanticide

canadian criminal code
233. Infanticide
233. A female person commits infanticide when by a wilful act or omission she causes the death of her newly-born child, if at the time of the act or omission she is not fully recovered from the effects of giving birth to the child and by reason thereof or of the effect of lactation consequent on the birth of the child her mind is then disturbed.
237. Punishment for infanticide
237. Every female person who commits infanticide is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years.
Canadian Mother Strangles Newborn, Gets No Jail Time and Judge Defends Infanticide By Comparing It to Abortion

There is a hefty amount of male irresponsibility leading up to that as well.
Takes two to tango.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A woman is not the heart of Islam. A man is not the heart of Islam. Has the prophet ever said, "I am the heart of islam"?

Fatima is the heart of Islam, and it's because of her that so much Quran is justifying chosen offspring and justifying the position of Aaron and his offspring and is the reason why Jesus was without a father really among other reasons, and all the reward for the message verses is about justifying the legacy of Mohammad in his offspring - that chosen guides will come about along with his own authority, they too have authority and they too are to be followed as they are Messengers but not Prophets.

So much of the Quran is about justifying her.