• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we work to live?

Rex

Founder
I think it's almost a rhetorical question.

I work b/c I have to pay bills and do what I want, but I live to work to be able to do those things.

Thus I Live (because life comes first) to work, but I work to Play!

Runt

I hope one day I will work to live AND live to work... but that is because the career I want to pursue involves something that my life would not be complete without: writing (I want to be an author, in case you can't tell). And I also want to possibly pursue the Unitarian Ministry... which I HOPE will be just as fulfilling! :p

anders

We live. There is no natural law telling us to DO something. But to survive, most of us have to work.

In fact, I (61) am on a disability pension, so I do not have to work. I do not feel any guilt or missed "purpose in life" because of that. I am having a good time after a fairly long life of work. I never valued work as such. It was just for survival (and, fortunately, sometimes for fun).