• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we want witchcraft?

Frank Goad

I read in Galatians 5:19-24.That one of the sins of our sinful nature could be witchcraft.Do you see what I am talking about?:)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I read in Galatians 5:19-24.That one of the sins of our sinful nature could be witchcraft.Do you see what I am talking about?:)

And?

Edit: it also says "Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,"

74x12

Yes, people are naturally inclined to it because they want power and they want extraordinary abilities. Also, it's addicting.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Yes, people are naturally inclined to it because they want power and they want extraordinary abilities. Also, it's addicting.

No more addicting then the Holy Spirit!
200.gif

200 (1).gif

74x12

No more addicting then the Holy Spirit!
And Christ.
We're already addicted to the holy Spirit and most of us don't know it yet. As Jesus says if anyone thirsts let them come to me and I will give you drink. But we like to distract ourselves and fill ourselves with other things; because we're just like that. We're all human.

I believe we all need God to fill the thirst of our soul.
Looking for substitutes doesn't really answer it.
God knows us all individually, completely and knows what we need.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
We're already addicted to the holy Spirit and most of us don't know it yet. As Jesus says if anyone thirsts let them come to me and I will give you drink. But we like to distract ourselves and fill ourselves with other things; because we're just like that. We're all human.

That's certainly your interpretation.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

None of this is necessarily antithetical to my own mystical view of "God." :)