• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do We Really Need This Kind of Bigotry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I challenge the liberals here to watch a woman getting stoned, the full thing. Then see if you hold the same views.

I've watched multiple videos of people getting stoned to death by insane Islamists. However, I've also seen videos of suicides, murders, accidents where people are dismembered and bleeding out on the street (including one in India where a woman's mother was killed in a car accident and she's screaming in shock but no one helped and just shoved their camera phones in her face), war atrocities, executions, torture, etc.

So...if you're going to watch sick **** in order to see what the world is really like, the only reasonable conclusion is that humans are really sick and this sickness manifests itself in all places of the world and in all groups. So don't play that card! Humans are just a nasty and barbaric species with a lack of empathy and compassion! That's why I added the Divine Mercy prayer to my sig! The whole world needs to pray to God for His mercy!

MD

qualiaphile
I've watched multiple videos of people getting stoned to death by insane Islamists. However, I've also seen videos of suicides, murders, accidents where people are dismembered and bleeding out on the street (including one in India where a woman's mother was killed in a car accident and she's screaming in shock but no one helped and just shoved their camera phones in her face), war atrocities, executions, torture, etc.

So...if you're going to watch sick **** in order to see what the world is really like, the only reasonable conclusion is that humans are really sick and this sickness manifests itself in all places of the world and all in all groups. So don't play that card! Humans are just a nasty and barbaric species with a lack of empathy and compassion!

Many women stoned by Islamists are innocent. There's a difference between random acts of violence and violence perpetrated by a state or religion whose ideology strongly promotes such violence.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Many women stoned by Islamists are innocent. There's a difference between random acts of violence and violence perpetrated by a state or religion whose ideology strongly promotes such violence.

Yeah, because all those things take place in a vacuum, right? They're not a result of the innate cruelty and apathy found in human societies all over the globe, right? :facepalm:

Shahz, this is one of the times where you need to take a step back and take a global view of things.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I apologize for causing offense. I have interpreted the responses to the OP that focus on defending anti-miscegination philosophically, attempting to provide historical or cultural context for Lehava's ideology, and attempting to portray those who share it in a sympathetic light as "defending" Lehava. Would you say that is an incorrect interpretation? Would you agree that Lehava are a pack of racist, sexist thugs, and perhaps a thread about their harassment of an innocent Muslim couple on their wedding day is not the ideal place for exploring apologetics for Jewish communalism and intermarriage?

I support IRAC, including here.

MD

qualiaphile
Yeah, because all those things take place in a vacuum, right? They're not a result of the innate cruelty and apathy found in human societies all over the globe, right? :facepalm:

Shahz, this is one of the times where you need to take a step back and take a global view of things.

It's not global. It doesn't happen in other countries. It happens only in Islamic theocracies.

The stoning is performed by male relatives first. The fathers and sons of the victim. That's what the rules say.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It's not global. It doesn't happen in other countries. It happens only in Islamic theocracies.

The stoning is performed by male relatives first. The fathers and sons of the victim. That's what the rules say.

So you're just going to focus on one specific kind of cruelty and ignore all the others because they're not pertinent to the partisan point you're trying to make?

MD

qualiaphile
So you're just going to focus on one specific kind of cruelty and ignore all the others because they're not pertinent to the partisan point you're trying to make?

Violence is a part of human beings. But like I said, there are some acts of violence which are sponsored by ideologies. For example American resource wars which involve the deaths of thousands are different from the concept of murder. There is a difference.

ametist

Learn proper English

Changing the subject and deluding the topic must be your profession. Should we also sit here to discuss other languages i speak and compared them with yours? What do you think. Also, you will be gone one way or another.That is my promise. I have seen so many muslim-arab haters in this forum that tend to blame everything on them, i am really exceeding my hatred witnessing limit. You sit here and type to each other about your hatred towards muslims untill you get to your point of no return, if you arent there already.

MD

qualiaphile
Changing the subject and deluding the topic must be your profession. Should we also sit here to discuss other languages i speak and compared them with yours? What do you think. Also, you will be gone one way or another.That is my promise. I have seen so many muslim-arab haters in this forum that tend to blame everything on them, i am really exceeding my hatred witnessing limit. You sit here and type to each other about your hatred towards muslims untill you get to your point of no return, if you arent there already.

I wasn't changing the topic lol, I just don't understand what you're saying.

I speak 5 languages, we can compare them.

I will be gone? Is that a threat?

Being anti islamist is not the same as being anti arab or being anti muslim. They are three distinct things, each with their own definitions.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
This is a Muslim couple.

Sure. It is also a mixed heritage couple, until and unless it is established that the lady is making a point of cutting ties with her family of origin.

Unless that happens, there is such a thing as a legitimate opinion about her decisions coming from the Jewish side of her family.

Come on, Alceste, that is not such a difficult thing to understand.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
To equate any opposition to "intermarriage" as being "racism" is a non-sequitur, and to accuse people of "bigotry" and "racism" because they may oppose intermarriage between people of different religious groups is complete nonsense.

Definitely.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Sure. It is also a mixed heritage couple, until and unless it is established that the lady is making a point of cutting ties with her family of origin.

Unless that happens, there is such a thing as a legitimate opinion about her decisions coming from the Jewish side of her family.

And you dare to say that this isn't a matter of ethnicity and that it has nothing to do with racism? :facepalm:

Alceste

Vagabond

Sure, her father disapproves of her husband "because he is an Arab" according to the article. That is not a difficult thing to understand at all, but forgive me if I don't describe it as a "legitimate opinion about her decisions".

From my perspective, to be described as "legitimate", an opinion must be fact based and rational.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
And you dare to say that this isn't a matter of ethnicity and that it has nothing to do with racism? :facepalm:

I dare say what I think, yes.

But are we talking about mixed marriages as generally seen by the Jewish, or instead about the regrettable event that is the reason for being of this thread?

You know, the one that no one here finds acceptable? That group was indeed racist, as the article makes plenty clear.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Sure, her father disapproves of her husband "because he is an Arab" according to the article. That is not a difficult thing to understand at all, but forgive me if I don't describe it as a "legitimate opinion about her decisions".

No, that is right. Of course he is being racist, if that is what we are talking about.

From my perspective, to be described as "legitimate", an opinion must be fact based and rational.

I thought you were married? People have legitimate irrational preferences all the time.

Alceste

Vagabond
No, that is right. Of course he is being racist, if that is what we are talking about.

I thought you were married? People have legitimate irrational preferences all the time.

Lol, yes, I'm married. My husband's opinions are sometimes terribly irrational, especially when he's in cups, but the legitimate ones are always well reasoned and fact based. :D

Edited to add: we actually share the philosophical position that we are ethically obligated not to form opinions at all unless they are based on an abundance of facts and well-reasoned. That's one of the reasons we get along so well. We're rather unique in that respect compared to the rest of humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.