• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we really KNOW *gravity*?

Nimos

Subject: Do we really know gravity?

OBS: BEFORE replying, try to think outside the squared boxes.

We think that a mass automatically creates gravity. The problem is that gravity is an energy. It requires energy to make it. Newton did not explained that. And it is STILL not explained today.

Gravity must have an energy source to be created. Our laws of physics tell us that but we have ignored this fact.

The data indicates that hydrogen and helium make up nearly all of the nuclear matter in the universe. The most abundant element, hydrogen, accounts for 74% of the mass while helium contributes 25%. Heavier elements comprise less than 1% of the total.

How does this fits with the *gravity* suggestions?

Again, gravity is not free. That is impossible. Other explanations are needed!

What are your thoughts of this?
Definitely not an expert on this :D

But I thought that it was explained by the bending of space. Sort of like you holding out a large piece of cloth and then putting an object on it, which will then bend the fabric creating an indentation, which other objects will fall towards if they are lighter.

So depending on how heavy the object is and maybe also size? the stronger the gravity as they bend the fabric more and if they get heavy enough, like a black hole they just "consume" everything.

Not sure why energy would be required if mass itself causes this, but again not an expert, so maybe I misunderstood you :D

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
Real data definitions, descriptions and explanation of forces.

The electromagnetic spectrum is the range of frequencies (the spectrum) of electromagnetic radiation and their respective wavelengths and photon energies.

“The electromagnetic spectrum covers electromagnetic waves with frequencies ranging from below one hertz to above 1025 hertz, corresponding to wavelengths from thousands of kilometers down to a fraction of the size of an atomic nucleus. This frequency range is divided into separate bands, and the electromagnetic waves within each frequency band are called by different names; beginning at the low frequency (long wavelength) end of the spectrum these are: radio waves, microwaves, infrared, visible light, ultraviolet, X-rays, and gamma rays at the high-frequency (short wavelength) end. The electromagnetic waves in each of these bands have different characteristics, such as how they are produced, how they interact with matter, and their practical applications. The limit for long wavelengths is the size of the universe itself, while it is thought that the short wavelength limit is in the vicinity of the Planck length, Gamma rays, X-rays, and high ultraviolet are classified as ionizing radiation as their photons have enough energy to ionize atoms, causing chemical reactions.

In most of the frequency bands above, a technique called spectroscopy can be used to physically separate waves of different frequencies, producing a spectrum showing the constituent frequencies.

Spectroscopy is used to study the interactions of electromagnetic waves with matter”.
---------------
Even our ancient ancestors knew the principle of that. In their cultural Stories of Creation they just called it *LIGHT*.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
They're in the business of imagining everyone is Bill
Gates, Monty Burns, & Jeff Bezos all rolled into one.

Oh, Revoltistan had been thought of.
But wiser heads prevailed.

Nah, when i say old i mean almost as old as your country before states were ever a thing. That even before gravity was invented

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Don´t you know of the discovery of electromagnetism back in 1820 by Hans Christian Ørsted?

Yes. he gave no mechanism. You asked for a mechanism for gravity. I ask for the same for E&M. By the way, none has ever been found. The E&M force is just as 'occult' as gravity is.

Just because Newton knew of the planetary motions before he added his *occult agency*. In all other places on and above the Earth and far out in space, it´s still just assumptions and it didn´t help much with Einstein further speculations of Newtons hidden ghost.

But he didn't put those known motions into the equations. The calculations, never the less, agreed with the known motions. Furthermore, the calculations were used to *predict* previously unknown motions that turned out to be correct.

Nonsense. A genuine scientist would first make an observation, then use his/hers philosophical skills to find a pattern to which a theory could be ascribed.

It's your opinion that is required. Few others seem to share that opinion.

And Newton found a pattern, gave specific laws of motion, and tested those laws in new and previously untested situations where they worked.

The 'philosophical skills' are only needed to make a hypothesis. After that, the hypothesis leads to conclusions that can be tested. The *key* is testability, not philosophical orthodoxy.

First THEN can calculus taken to count. Newton evidently did it the wrong way too which was why Einstein rejected Newtons assumption. "It isn´t even a force" he said.

No, that is NOT why Einstein 'rejected' Newton's position. Einstein had already discovered special relativity, which is different in many respects to Newton's laws of motion. Einstein was searching for a description of gravity that was consistent with special relativity. That required a re-thinking (maverick!) of the nature of time and space. And, in that re-thinking, gravity became a property of the geometry of spacetime.

But, for example, it is possible to describe the E&M force as a property of the geometry of a *five* dimensional structure in a very similar way. The E&M tensor then becomes an aspect of the fifth dimension.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
This assumption is based on the simple scientific light refraction and not "gravity"

Refraction requires some matter, so that light is slowed down. Also, it requires moving between different densities of material, so the speed changes in the transition. That is not what is going on in a vacuum.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Issac Asimov did a science fiction story about this......

Quite a lot of Asimovs plots have come true, laptop computers, self driving cars, his prediction of the size of the US population, global communication, the internet of things.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You said something about finding heaven.
I guarantee it ain't 'neath me kilt!
I won't find heaven.....they will find me

and I will be standing far back.......
when heaven what's to know what you are hiding

and then all hell will break loose

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Quite a lot of Asimovs plots have come true, laptop computers, self driving cars, his prediction of the size of the US population, global communication, the internet of things.

I'm just waiting for the internet to become self-aware... :p

A Vestigial Mote

I've seen gravity demonstrated by analogy as something like a "weight" applied on another sort of "dimension" that we don't have direct access to with our senses. Like sitting in the middle of a trampoline and casting golf balls in various directions around you. If I am the one sitting in the middle of the trampoline, by the time it has fully stretched due to my weight, there is no energy needing input for me to simply sit there. And yet, the distortion I have caused to the surface of the trampoline causes other objects to "orbit" me. If I could balance out the grade of the distortion, remove the effects of friction and push the ball with just the right velocity, then the orbit would be constant. Granted, this is due to gravity in my example, but its the "distortion" I think, that is key. Objects in space perhaps cause this same type of distortion, again, on a plane or in a dimension not readily digestible by our senses.