• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we really have free will?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This means we cannot visually see Him right now. For now. Until He returns in visually seeable presence. He is non-visually present to believers that follow His instructions though, in a very real way I've found out.

As above.
Believe whatever you want to believe it means, I don't want to argue.
You will do anything to maintain your belief that the same Jesus is going to return even though it is in no way supported by the Bible. It is your loss, not mine.
Christ doesn't need a replacement or substitute, nor can be replaced. For the same reason, alike, that God doesn't need to be replaced, and also cannot be, both.

Saying he needed a replacement would be like saying gravity needs a replacement. Not only is gravity working well and doesn't need a replacement. but we could not live an hour without gravity, just as it already is.
What planet do you live on? Do you ever watch the TV news? Nothing is working well but eventually it will get better now that Baha'u'llah has come to administer the remedy that mankind needed.

“We can well perceive how the whole human race is encompassed with great, with incalculable afflictions. We see it languishing on its bed of sickness, sore-tried and disillusioned. They that are intoxicated by self-conceit have interposed themselves between it and the Divine and infallible Physician. Witness how they have entangled all men, themselves included, in the mesh of their devices. They can neither discover the cause of the disease, nor have they any knowledge of the remedy. They have conceived the straight to be crooked, and have imagined their friend an enemy.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 213

Jesus was not God so further Manifestations of God who came after Jesus were not replacements for God.

I never said that Christ needed a replacement or a substitute, and Baha'u'llah is not a replacement or a substitute for Jesus. Baha'u'llah was the return of the Christ Spirit who came with a new name, just as the Bible prophesied (Isaiah 62:2, Rev 2:17, Rev 3:12), but obviously you do not care what is in the Bible; you are going to continue to believe what you want to believe because you are emotionally attached to Jesus.

Baha'u'llah came to complete the work that Jesus started. Jesus finished His work and never said He was coming back to do more work.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Jesus was a Comforter and Jesus promised to send the another Comforter and the Spirit of truth.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Baha’u’llah was the Comforter and the Spirit of truth. One of the various proofs of that is that Baha’u’llah did exactly what Jesus said the Comforter and Spirit of truth would do. Referring to Jesus as the Son of Man, Baha’u’llah testified of Jesus and glorified Jesus in the passage below.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13-14 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

“Know thou that when the Son of Man yielded up His breath to God, the whole creation wept with a great weeping. By sacrificing Himself, however, a fresh capacity was infused into all created things. Its evidences, as witnessed in all the peoples of the earth, are now manifest before thee. The deepest wisdom which the sages have uttered, the profoundest learning which any mind hath unfolded, the arts which the ablest hands have produced, the influence exerted by the most potent of rulers, are but manifestations of the quickening power released by His transcendent, His all-pervasive, and resplendent Spirit.

We testify that when He came into the world, He shed the splendor of His glory upon all created things. Through Him the leper recovered from the leprosy of perversity and ignorance. Through Him, the unchaste and wayward were healed. Through His power, born of Almighty God, the eyes of the blind were opened, and the soul of the sinner sanctified.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 86

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If you want God to be with you here and now, simply begin to do what Christ taught. The whole. It's not that hard, and likely you are already doing some things Christ said, a part, and would only have to learn and add the things that He said you haven't yet.
What worked for you will not work for everyone... I only care about teachings that will work for all of humanity.
I do not need Christ's teachings because I have Baha'u'llah's teachings, which are the teachings from God for this age.

Many of the teachings are the same as Christ's teachings but there are many new teachings that people could not bear 2000 years ago, as Jesus said.

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.” John 16:12-15

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
What worked for you will not work for everyone...
Fortunately, it's unconditional to work for everyone!

Christ and God Himself will come to live with everyone who does His commandments (and they are not that hard in the end, if you start with faith in God and love towards God).

Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."
John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.