• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we Realize Isaiah 13:10 Prophesied Betelgeuse Will go Supernova?

Do you accept Judgement Day is soon?

• Yes

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Other...?

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I wish you the best, as the internet will disappear at some point from this supernova. :(
Here's what I think:

There is so much scientific data that opposes the concerns about this supernova, it would literally be a miracle if we on Earth were impacted by it. It would be proof, perhaps, that G-d exists?

I don't know, maybe it would be a good thing after all.... :eek:o_O:rolleyes:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
It would be proof, perhaps, that G-d exists.
Our finger print is proof there is a Source to reality, as it is the same maths found in a tree stump, snail shell, ocean wave, galaxy spiral, etc; that is what Logic originally implies, a universal mathematical Source (CPU).

Not that Logic implies some people know all the logical fallacies of argumentation, as the Rabbis can't make head nor tail of prophecy; so they've taught our flock globally how to argue over small matters, whilst missing the larger contexts.

In my opinion. :innocent:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Rubbish, I remember my shock at finding scripture is right, which is why I posted it on my FB after... You can't make up my life, it isn't fair.

Since Isaiah 13:10 and Amos 5:8 literally say Orion is the sun that shall be darkened... This is why I Googled Orion, and found out about Betelgeuse in 2012.

Since most of the other signs prophesied globally are happening, and felt something on the 24th of December, doubled check Betelgeuse news again to see if it was timed right with everything else prophesied.

As someone capable of proving they're an Archangel, and the Messiah sent from Heaven before Judgement day, with first hand knowledge of events since birth; arguing with me about my own memory of events is illogical sorry. :oops:

Wait a minute ... when did you prove that you're an "Archangel, and the Messiah sent from Heaven before Judgement day with first hand knowledge of events since birth" ... ?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
In Isaiah 13:10 it states that the sun to be darkened is the constellation Orion, which according to mainstream media will soon go supernova; which fits the prophecies where the fire will burn our faces in that day (Isaiah 13:8).

The debate is do we realize we have little time left before Judgement Day, and then after the Messianic Age?

It hasn't gone supernova yet, and besides even if it did we won't feel any affect from Betelgeuse.

Plus the light from the star will take 650 years to reach earth. That would make the supernova 650 years too late!

Dave Watchman

There's no evidence that Betelgeuse's supernova will "roll the sky up like a scroll," that doesn't even mean anything.

I wonder what it means to roll the sky up like a scroll?

"The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. - Revelation 6:14

"All the stars in the sky will be dissolved and the heavens rolled up like a scroll; all the starry host will fall like withered leaves from the vine, like shriveled figs from the fig tree. - Isaiah 34:4​

Revelation also talks about the sun being given the power to scorch men with heat.

"The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and it was allowed to scorch people with fire. They were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed the name of God who had power over these plagues. They did not repent and give him glory. - Revelation 16:8-9​

Betelgeuse was in the news this week.

Something about an unexpected gravitational wave burst in the vicinity of Orion.

Betelgeuse was ablaze, in the twitter space anyway, and on another forum.

Spooky stuff.

It looked a bit more spooky to Super Dave this time when they talked about this:

Gamma-ray burst[edit]
Some scientists have suggested that the initial extinctions could have been caused by a gamma-ray burst originating from a hypernova within 6,000 light-years of Earth (in a nearby arm of the Milky Way galaxy).

A ten-second burst would have stripped the Earth's atmosphere of half of its ozone almost immediately,
exposing surface-dwelling organisms, including those responsible for planetary photosynthesis, to high levels of extreme ultraviolet radiation.[7][14][15][16]

Although the hypothesis is consistent with patterns at the onset of extinction, there is no unambiguous evidence that such a nearby gamma-ray burst ever happened.
Ordovician–Silurian extinction events - Wikipedia

A ten-second Gama- ray burst would have stripped the Earth's atmosphere of half of its ozone almost immediately.

Does that sound like the heavens rolled up like a scroll?

Maybe it won't be such a fun idea to be sitting on this Ferris Wheel when the light from Betelgeuse finally gets here.

oCys2lu.jpg

Or maybe it would be a good place to be at night.

Because then there would be a heads up, and more time, to get under cover before the sun comes up and the rest of the people wake up to find out the hard way that a gamma - ray burst has stripped the earth of half it's ozone..

"The Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) and Virgo detectors recorded a “burst” of gravitational waves this week, from an area of sky near the red supergiant Betelgeuse. This unanticipated burst has been dubbed, for now, S200114f. It’s prompting some interesting chatter on Twitter because Betelgeuse has undergone an unusual dimming in recent weeks, and some astronomy enthusiasts have wondered if it were about to explode. Betelgeuse has not exploded. It’s still there. Still, a supernova explosion of Betelgeuse might be linked with a gravitational wave burst. As Jackson Ryanexplained on CNET last night (January 14, 2020):

"The gravitational waves we’ve detected so far usually relate to extreme cosmic events, like two black holes colliding or neutron stars finally merging after being caught in a death spiral. Burst gravitational waves have not been detected before and scientists hypothesize they may be linked to phenomena such as supernova or gamma ray bursts, producing a tiny ‘pop’ when detected by the observatories.
It’s probably nothing: Gravitational wave burst detected near Betelgeuse | EarthSky.org
And then will appear the sign of the son of man.

"Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. - Matthew 24:30​

And then will APPEAR.

That word for "appear" is Strong's Number: 5316 phaino.

Phaino Meaning in Bible - New Testament Greek Lexicon - New American Standard

It also means to SHINE.

Then will shine in heaven the sign of the Son of Man???

sooda

Veteran Member
In Isaiah 13:10 it states that the sun to be darkened is the constellation Orion, which according to mainstream media will soon go supernova; which fits the prophecies where the fire will burn our faces in that day (Isaiah 13:8).

The debate is do we realize we have little time left before Judgement Day, and then after the Messianic Age?

8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

Christ’s clothing is stained red from crushing grapes during the grape harvest. These verses were fulfilled in A.D. 66-A.D. 74 during the Israel’s war with Rome which began during the grape harvest. All of Isaiah 63 was fulfilled to the letter in events leading up to and including this catastrophic war.

In Matthew 13:39, Jesus says, “The harvest is the end of the age.” The Roman assault during the Jewish War began in A.D. 66 under Cestius on the month of Tishri–at the start of the grape harvest. According to Isaiah 63:1-5, Christ’s garments are stained with the blood of Israel. As is the case in Lamentations 1:15, the destruction of Israel is pictured as the crushing of grapes during the grape harvest with the resulting wine representing the blood of the people.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

"The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. - Revelation 6:14

"All the stars in the sky will be dissolved and the heavens rolled up like a scroll; all the starry host will fall like withered leaves from the vine, like shriveled figs from the fig tree. - Isaiah 34:4​

Revelation also talks about the sun being given the power to scorch men with heat.

"The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and it was allowed to scorch people with fire. They were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed the name of God who had power over these plagues. They did not repent and give him glory. - Revelation 16:8-9​

Betelgeuse was in the news this week.

Something about an unexpected gravitational wave burst in the vicinity of Orion.

Betelgeuse was ablaze, in the twitter space anyway, and on another forum.

Spooky stuff.

It looked a bit more spooky to Super Dave this time when they talked about this:

Gamma-ray burst[edit]
Some scientists have suggested that the initial extinctions could have been caused by a gamma-ray burst originating from a hypernova within 6,000 light-years of Earth (in a nearby arm of the Milky Way galaxy).

A ten-second burst would have stripped the Earth's atmosphere of half of its ozone almost immediately,
exposing surface-dwelling organisms, including those responsible for planetary photosynthesis, to high levels of extreme ultraviolet radiation.[7][14][15][16]

Although the hypothesis is consistent with patterns at the onset of extinction, there is no unambiguous evidence that such a nearby gamma-ray burst ever happened.
Ordovician–Silurian extinction events - Wikipedia

A ten-second Gama- ray burst would have stripped the Earth's atmosphere of half of its ozone almost immediately.

Does that sound like the heavens rolled up like a scroll?

Maybe it won't be such a fun idea to be sitting on this Ferris Wheel when the light from Betelgeuse finally gets here.

oCys2lu.jpg

Or maybe it would be a good place to be at night.

Because then there would be a heads up, and more time, to get under cover before the sun comes up and the rest of the people wake up to find out the hard way that a gamma - ray burst has stripped the earth of half it's ozone..

"The Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) and Virgo detectors recorded a “burst” of gravitational waves this week, from an area of sky near the red supergiant Betelgeuse. This unanticipated burst has been dubbed, for now, S200114f. It’s prompting some interesting chatter on Twitter because Betelgeuse has undergone an unusual dimming in recent weeks, and some astronomy enthusiasts have wondered if it were about to explode. Betelgeuse has not exploded. It’s still there. Still, a supernova explosion of Betelgeuse might be linked with a gravitational wave burst. As Jackson Ryanexplained on CNET last night (January 14, 2020):

"The gravitational waves we’ve detected so far usually relate to extreme cosmic events, like two black holes colliding or neutron stars finally merging after being caught in a death spiral. Burst gravitational waves have not been detected before and scientists hypothesize they may be linked to phenomena such as supernova or gamma ray bursts, producing a tiny ‘pop’ when detected by the observatories.
It’s probably nothing: Gravitational wave burst detected near Betelgeuse | EarthSky.org
And then will appear the sign of the son of man.

"Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. - Matthew 24:30​

And then will APPEAR.

That word for "appear" is Strong's Number: 5316 phaino.

Phaino Meaning in Bible - New Testament Greek Lexicon - New American Standard

It also means to SHINE.

Then will shine in heaven the sign of the Son of Man???

Whatever you say, I'm waiting for Feb. 1st! Tick, tick, tick....

Dave Watchman

Whatever you say, I'm waiting for Feb. 1st! Tick, tick, tick....

I know.

It's getting close.

Four asteroids are whizzing past us single file today from out of nowhere.

The first just after midnight this morning, the last one at 4.15pm EST.

Asteroid ALERT: NASA tracks a swarm of rocks barreling past Earth tomorrow up to 27,500mph

While crazy Greta Thunberg warns world leaders over climate crisis - ‘You haven’t seen anything yet!’

I don't know if I'm more scared of being wrong, or of being right.

I thought something would happen this time last year on the 6th, or on the 21st.

Those I thought were the "darkened" sun, and the moon not giving it's light. The first of three supermoons, 1290 days after the Abomination.

Then I learned about Isaac's 50th year after the 49, and Esther's one year delay in marrying the King.

Esther being a type for the Church, the Bride of Christ.

"Now when the turn of each young lady came to go in to King Ahasuerus, after the end of her twelve months under the regulations for the women--for the days of their beautification were completed as follows: six months with oil of myrrh and six months with spices and the cosmetics for women -- Esther 2:12-15​

Twelve months of preparation.

I'm still not ready for this.

No one told me when to run,
I missed the starting gun.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

The heavens can be seen as the teachings from God, the Word like in the Bible on a scroll.

At the end of ages the heaven is rolled up and a new one rolled out in its stead, a renewed Word on another scroll is rolled out.

A new Earth of understanding is also produced.

One can not look at the scroll as being a full literal unfolding.

The 2nd coming happened in 1844, but prophecy is still unfolding, change is coming.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Those I thought were the "darkened" sun, and the moon not giving it's light.

That can be seen that the teachings are no longer given in a pure light, the Sun of the Word of Christ has been darkened and the moons of that Sun, the divines, the priests are no longer teaching what Christ taught.

Regards Tony

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I know.

It's getting close.

Asteroid ALERT: NASA tracks a swarm of rocks barreling past Earth tomorrow up to 27,500mph

While crazy Greta Thunberg warns world leaders over climate crisis - ‘You haven’t seen anything yet!’

I thought something would happen this time last year on the 6th, or on the 21st.

Those I thought were the "darkened" sun, and the moon not giving it's light. The first of three supermoons, 1290 days after the Abomination.

Then I learned about Isaac's 50th year after the 49, and Esther's one year delay in marrying the King.

"Now when the turn of each young lady came to go in to King Ahasuerus, after the end of her twelve months under the regulations for the women--for the days of their beautification were completed as follows: six months with oil of myrrh and six months with spices and the cosmetics for women -- Esther 2:12-15​

I'm worried about you.

wizanda

Premium Member
The 2nd coming happened in 1844, but prophecy is still unfolding, change is coming.
Baha'u'llah prophesied the Great Tribulation, and then the time of Great Peace shall come after Judgement Day - the same as most of the other religious text say.

161 “Soon,” Bahá’u’lláh’s own words proclaim it, “will the present day Order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead. Verily, thy Lord speaketh the truth and is the Knower of things unseen.” “By Myself,” He solemnly asserts, “the day is approaching 162 when We will have rolled up the world and all that is therein, and spread out a new Order in its stead. He, verily, is powerful over all things.” “The world’s equilibrium,” He explains, “hath been upset through the vibrating influence of this Most Great, this new World Order. Mankind’s ordered life hath been revolutionized through the agency of this unique, this wondrous System, the like of which mortal eyes have never witnessed.” “The signs of impending convulsions and chaos,” He warns the peoples of the world, “can now be discerned, inasmuch as the prevailing Order appeareth to be lamentably defective.” - The Unfoldment of World Civilization.

Baha'u'llah prophesied one coming with the Name to unlock the City, which by definition of Biblical exegesis has to be Zion/Zan (צאן/ציון):

"How great the blessedness that awaiteth the king who will arise to aid My Cause in My kingdom, who will detach himself from all else but Me! Such a king is numbered with the companions of the Crimson Ark--the Ark which God hath prepared for the people of Bahá. All must glorify his name, must reverence his station, and aid him to unlock the cities with the keys of My Name, the omnipotent Protector of all that inhabit the visible and invisible kingdoms. Such a king is the very eye of mankind, the luminous ornament on the brow of creation, the fountainhead of blessings unto the whole world. Offer up, O people of Bahá, your substance, nay your very lives, for his assistance." - (Bahá'u'lláh, Kitáb-i-Aqdas, 1873)

The reason the name is Zion/Zan, is because the Bible says it (David's Flock), and therefore Baha'u'llah was telling people to watch for the one called Zion before Judgement Day.

Psalms 65:1 For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David. A song. Praise waits for you, Divine Being in Zion. To you shall vows be performed.

Psalms 146:10 The Lord of Creation will reign forever; your Divine Being Zion, to all generations. Praise the Lord!

Psalms 147:12 Praise the Lord of Creation Jerusalem! Extol your Divine Being Zion!

Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news, who proclaims salvation, who says to Zion "King Our Divine Being!”

Joel 3:17 “So you will know that I am the Lord of Creation, your Divine Being dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain, and Jerusalem will be holy, and no strangers will pass through her any more.

Joel 3 is Judgement Day in the Valley of Judgement, when the Lord of Creation dwells in Zion (Joel 3:21).

After the sun and moon are darkened in Orion (Isaiah 13:10, Joel 3:15), which is the same time as the Fire (Isaiah 13:8), and WW3 (Isaiah 13:4-6), Judgement Day (Isaiah 13:19); then after is the Messianic Age.

Before the day of the Lord we are warned the sun and moon will turn blood red, and then those who call on the Name of the Lord when the Fire comes, will be here after (Joel 2:30-32).

Last edited:

wizanda

Premium Member
I'm worried about you.
I'm worried about someone worrying about someone watching the signs, and being logical with the events happening in the world. :oops:

Literally according to the religious texts, only one of the people will be here after: the one watching for the signs predicted.

In my opinion.
:innocent:

Last edited:

Dave Watchman

I'm worried about someone worrying about someone watching the signs, and being logical with the events happening in the world. :oops:

It sounds nice wiz, to know that we worry about one another.

Literally according to the religious texts, only one of the people will be here after: the one watching for the signs predicted.

Reminds me of:

"Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. - Revelation 3:3​

So if we DO watch, we might know when the time is ripe.

I still think that it's happening now.

The Christians think it's not going to be for a while.

I think many of the things they are waiting for, are happening now, but are going unrecognized for what they are.

Like a tribulum of the Matrix, people are walking around like things are normal, but they're not.

And thou shalt not know what hour.

That word for hour is hora.

It probably means anything BUT an actual 60 minutes.

Like the silence in heaven for about the space of half an hour, half a hora.

They say we might have a four hour warning prior to Betelgeuse doing it's supernova.

Something about a neutrino burst before it goes.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Time in Bible Times
By Charles Francis Potter

The word "hour" comes from the Greek word "hora." The "Horae" were the three mythological goddesses of the seasons— spring, summer and winter. This was before autumn was recognized as a season. Their names were Eunomia, Dike and Eirene, meaning Good Order, Justice and Peace, guardians of the orderly succession of the processes of nature.

"Hora" therefore meant "season" in a very general sense, almost synonymous with "a time." It was simply a measurable lapse of time with a beginning and an end, but with no uniform length of duration. That ancient Greek meaning of the word persisted into New Testament times even after "hora" came to be used also to mean a division of the day. Consequently, when the translators came across the word "hora," they found it very difficult to deter- mine what English word to use.

Several times they translated "hora" as "day" ; several other times they rendered it "season," and they were correct in so doing. But in some verses where "hora" should have been translated "moment" or "instant," they rendered it "hour."

Even in the many places in the New Testament where the word "hora" is used to indicate a period of time somewhat corresponding to our modern hour, it should be understood by the Bible reader that the New Testament hour varied greatly in length.

There were astronomers then, to be sure, who had carefully worked out the exact length of the day from their observation of the stars and the equinoxes, and had divided the day into 24 equal parts or hours, like the ones we use today. These they measured by a clever mechanical device which they called the clepsydra, literally the water-stealer, a primitive forerunner of the clock.

But the common people of New Testament times, in their homes and in business, knew nothing of the day of 24 equal hours. To them the day was the period between sunrise and sunset, and that was divided into 12 equal parts called hours. Of course, the hours were therefore much longer in summer than in winter. In mid- winter their hour was equal to only three-fourths of one of our hours and in midsummer was as long as our hour and a quarter. But in their leisurely method of living, they did not worry about such small matters.

Practically, too, Jesus' contemporaries did not even bother very much with separate hours. They used mostly the third, sixth and ninth hours, meaning mid-forenoon, noon and mid-afternoon. As a matter of fact, the first, second, fourth, fifth, eighth and 12th hours are never mentioned in the New Testament at all. The 11th hour is referred to twice, but in the same story; and the seventh and tenth hours are mentioned but once each. And in half the places where any hour is mentioned, it is prefaced by the word "about." "About the ninth hour" is a common phrase, and meant evidently "along some time in the afternoon."

1941JRASC..35..163P Page 163

Peaceful Sabbath.

sooda

Veteran Member
I know.

It's getting close.

The Esther story is not original to the Hebrews.

Dave Watchman

The Esther story is not original to the Hebrews.

That sounds like not a bad thing if true.

After all, the Hebrews did miss the time of the first Visitation of Messiah.

I wouldn't be surprised if they miss the time of the Second Visitation too.

I never really worried about the Book of Esther until I learned of a 12 month delay in the bride marrying the King.

That makes me wonder why they put that in there.

Maybe we have a 12 month delay, 12 months of preparation, before the marriage supper of the Lamb.

Peaceful Sabbath.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

No mention of Orion and a supernova is far from dark , it is perhaps the brightest object in the universe.