• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we Realize Isaiah 13:10 Prophesied Betelgeuse Will go Supernova?

Do you accept Judgement Day is soon?

• Yes

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Other...?

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

exchemist

Veteran Member
In Isaiah 13:10 it states that the sun to be darkened is the constellation Orion, which according to mainstream media will soon go supernova; which fits the prophecies where the fire will burn our faces in that day (Isaiah 13:8).

The debate is do we realize we have little time left before Judgement Day, and then after the Messianic Age?

In my opinion. :innocent:
Hysterical, eye-rolling peasant stuff. I quote from the Wiki article on Betelgeuse:

"Due to misunderstandings caused by the 2009 publication of the star's 15% contraction, apparently of its outer atmosphere,[56][112] Betelgeuse has frequently been the subject of scare stories and rumors suggesting that it will explode within a year, leading to exaggerated claims about the consequences of such an event.[158][159] The timing and prevalence of these rumors have been linked to broader misconceptions of astronomy, particularly to doomsday predictions relating to the Mayan calendar.[160][161] Betelgeuse is not likely to produce a gamma-ray burst and is not close enough for its x-rays, ultraviolet radiation, or ejected material to cause significant effects on Earth.[12]"

It is, as others have pointed out, 640 light years away.

Dave Watchman

"Due to misunderstandings caused by
the 2009 publication of the star's 15% contraction, apparently of its outer atmosphere,[56][112] Betelgeuse has frequently been the subject of scare stories

Do you find it spooky?

Are you concerned about it?

Fast forward to January 2, 2020.

"Betelgeuse is one of the brightest stars in the night sky, but it’s fainter than it’s been in nearly a century, dimming by a factor of two since just October.

"Its aggressive dimming is a familiar pattern for stars that enter their last phase of life before they explode into a supernova—leading many scientists to believe Betelgeuse is about to go supernova as well.

"Betelgeuse, a red supergiant between 8 and 9 million years old, has now fallen from its perch as the ninth brightest star in the night sky, all the way down to number 23.

"Stars regularly brighten and dim, but accelerated dimming that doesn’t let up is usually a sign a star is cooling down and expanding just before it explodes.

A star called Betelgeuse might be ready to explode into a giant supernova
It's going to be interesting for anyone that happens to be looking up at the sky when the light from Betelgeuse reaches us.

They say it will shine almost as bright as the full moon.

And can be seen during the daylight hours as well for about two weeks.

"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. - Matthew 24:30​

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
More than they ever were? Or are we humans so suddenly become wicked? Not from my perspective they haven't - foolish perhaps, but not wicked (or evil). Unless you have the ability to read all minds.
Though I've just started explaining how to read minds, that will distract from the topic...

Which is literally the religious texts say here is down near Hell, where demons are sent back to, as they are arrogant, and refuse to acknowledged their corrections.

Thus in places like chapter 16 of the Bhagavad Gita, is one of the most blatant explanations of here being down near Hell, and that people have inner demons to work on.

It isn't a holiday camp down here, it is a training ground, and we've been lead to not take it all seriously, like our existence depends on it.

Once we understand some of these basics of Dharma, we can then go around the world's religious texts showing the same occurrences.

The issue is the religious leaders tell people what is soothing to their ears, so they deny we are down near Hell.

Thus because we don't accept we are down near Hell, here has become like Hell on earth, as the demons rule over us, and we're all too dumbed down by the bad food they give us, to realize Oneness defeats darkness between us.

The Bible is a systematic morality IQ test to prove we're down near Hell (Matthew 16:17-23), as it has been purposely built on Simon the stumbling stone's (peter's) ideas (Christianity)...

Where the Gospel of John is purposely made up; same with Paul's letters, it isn't by accident they contradict Yeshua, as it systematically fits with prophecy to create the false idol 'jesus' (יסס - Isaiah 51:8).

Like I used to think people were pretending not to know these things at a high ranking level, now I realize that our wisdom level depends on how evil we are, and thus most don't realize when they're being evil in some way down here, as they don't study to raise their understanding.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Do you find it spooky?

"Betelgeuse is one of the brightest stars in the night sky, but it’s fainter than it’s been in nearly a century, dimming by a factor of two since just October.

"Its aggressive dimming is a familiar pattern for stars that enter their last phase of life before they explode into a supernova—leading many scientists to believe Betelgeuse is about to go supernova as well.

"Betelgeuse, a red supergiant between 8 and 9 million years old, has now fallen from its perch as the ninth brightest star in the night sky, all the way down to number 23.

"Stars regularly brighten and dim, but accelerated dimming that doesn’t let up is usually a sign a star is cooling down and expanding just before it explodes.

It's going to be interesting for anyone that happens to be looking up at the sky when the light from Betelgeuse reaches us.

"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. - Matthew 24:30​
No I do not find it spooky and, as you should have been able to gather from my previous post, I am not concerned about it.

There was a supernova that gave rise to the Crab Nebula in 1054, which was bright enough to be visible in daylight and was brighter than anything but the moon at night. So we've been here before. And bear in mind this supernova event is hardly imminent. All the astronomers can say is it is due some time over the next 100,000 years. Humanity may no longer exist by the time it happens.

wizanda

Premium Member
I quote from the Wiki article on Betelgeuse:

Don't laugh at someone for being stupid, and ignore all the professionals who know far more than you. :oops:

Plus in other news WW3 is starting in the Middle East, half the world is on Fire, there is a mass extinction happening, Christ is on the Clouds speaking to people on a religious forum, etc...

It is one issue of many issues happening around the world.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Don't laugh at someone for being stupid, and ignore all the professionals who know far more than you. :oops:

Plus in other news WW3 is starting in the Middle East, half the world is on Fire, there is a mass extinction happening, Christ is on the Clouds speaking to people on a religious forum, etc...

As I say, hysterical, eye-rolling peasant stuff.

Show me one "expert" who thinks the eventual Betelgeuse supernova will significantly disrupt life on Earth.

And who I laugh at is my business. :D

wizanda

Premium Member
As I say, hysterical, eye-rolling peasant stuff.
When someone is so poor that the mud blinds their eyes, because they've not even washed; maybe try eye salve to see (Revelation 3:18), before calling a King a Peasant - As each time the pauper strikes out in their blind rage, they fall more into the mud. :oops:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

You are prone to exaggeration. WW3 might happen, but the chances have decreased immensely since the Soviet Union dissolved, with China taking their place perhaps. Is any major power going to risk a nuclear war when they are not directly threatened? As to half the world on fire - teeny bit inaccurate, judging by area covered - and mass extinctions is all a bit relative. How about this recent bit for a calming influence:

We live in testing times, but there are many reasons to be optimistic

There are many who believe, as this decade comes to a close, that the world is going to hell in a handcart. The failure to take dramatic action on climate change, the perceived coarsening of public debate, the rise of instantly transmitted fake news and populist movements that rail against experts and facts are all taken as evidence that humanity is in the grip of a downward spiral. We know you, as readers of New Scientist, share our love of evidence and rational problem-solving. So you probably already know that the facts don’t support this narrative. In fact, by most measures, the world is getting better – for humans at least. That is largely due to science and technology delivering humanitarian and progressive solutions to problems such as disease, hunger, lack of access to clean water, education and family planning. For most people in most places, life in 2020 will be objectively better than it was in 2010.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you find it spooky?

From your own article:

"While the star probably has another 100,000 years of life ahead of it,..."

:rolleyes:

You know we've observed supernovae before, right? Like, for centuries.

History of supernova observation - Wikipedia

wizanda

Premium Member
To urge repentance using fear,
they say the end is very near.
But then they must
their date adjust
to float so that it's never here.
There once was a prophet Isaiah,
Whose verses were confused and conflated,
translations are bungled
causing readers to stumble
resulting in claims twitterpated.
Impressed by the poetic interest;
As love lyrical timing,
Where things are simply rhyming,
As here to fix some poetic contexts.
Not chastising or patronizing,
More self regalizing;
Not here aggrandizing,
More harmonizing,
The contradictory nature,
Of poems by our maker.

Poetic Reflectionz

Dave Watchman

No I do not find it spooky and, as you should have been able to gather from my previous post, I am not concerned about it.

There was a supernova that gave rise to the Crab Nebula in 1054, which was bright enough to be visible in daylight and was brighter than anything but the moon at night. So we've been here before. And bear in mind this supernova event is hardly imminent. All the astronomers can say is it is due some time over the next 100,000 years. Humanity may no longer exist by the time it happens.

I do find it spooky.

I'm not afraid that light from Betelgeuse is going to hurt anyone, I'm more concerned of it being another indicator that we might be at the end.

If we do see the light from Betelgeuse go supernova, it would have happened about 640 years ago in 1380.

Those were getting into the Foxe book days.

The Dragon was chasing the woman church across medieval Europe.

From 538, until 1798 when the 6th head on the composite beast received what looked like a mortal head wound during the French revolution.

1260 years I see as the most important prophetic time period in the Bible.

It's mentioned three separate times.

Twice as a time, times and a half a time.

538 + 630 = 1260.

I wonder how accurate that 640 light year number is for Betelgeuse.

I can't help but think of that stupid movie every time I type Betelgeuse.

I agree with the OP, that Judgement day is not far off.

wizanda

Premium Member
So which is it? Already happened about 640 years AGO, or JUST ABOUT TO happen?
If I'm sent before Judgement Day, and ultimately the Source of reality creates reality to a mathematical precision of 100%, why would we assume it's timing is off?

Plus you asked for us to be deleted, stop moaning when you get what you ask for. :oops:
"The Bible told me so":
My earliest memories are of visions of the Tribulation in my life time, at 4-5 years old knew advanced details about the Bible, at 15 was told by the Source of reality what will soon happen, and asked to read the religious texts, etc.

The Bible is one version of the same narrative prophesied in many of the world's religious texts; I was told this first hand, and then have correlated it by many of the religious texts to be sure it is real.

In my opinion.
:innocent:

wizanda

Premium Member
You are prone to exaggeration.
The links stating these things are happening weren't from me, they were from far more qualified people in the topic than me; so stop blaming the messenger, for repeating what we can show is happening.

If people were more realistic, and actually accepted the crap is hitting the fan; we could then make change, as people only start making change when it becomes uncomfortable.

Dave Watchman

"While the star probably has another 100,000 years of life ahead of it,..."

I know.

All the articles about it say that.

We probably have another 100,000 years before Betelgeuse goes supernova .

We probably have another 100,000 years before an asteroid hits us.

We probably have another 100,000 years before an earthquake hits us.

Hello?

They put that in there so that you won't find it too spooky to finish reading the rest of the article and enjoy the rest of the advertisements.

But what did you think, how did it make you feel, when you read how much it had dimmed since just October 2019?

It "has now fallen from its perch as the ninth brightest star in the night sky, all the way down to number 23.​

This dimming that we see is 640 year old light getting here.

They get dim just before they explode.

It's going to be a riot whet it first appears.

It's just going to appear in the sky.

Most will not know what it is.

There will be no warning.

What the hell is THAT?

"And there shall be signs in the sun,
and in the moon,
and in the stars
; - Luke 21:25​

nafJOKm.jpg

This guy says for two weeks, or two months.

oCys2lu.jpg

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
I do find it spooky.

I'm not afraid that light from Betelgeuse is going to hurt anyone, I'm more concerned of it being another indicator that we might be at the end.

If we do see the light from Betelgeuse go supernova, it would have happened about 640 years ago in 1380.

Those were getting into the Foxe book days.

The Dragon was chasing the woman church across medieval Europe.

From 538, until 1798 when the 6th head on the composite beast received what looked like a mortal head wound during the French revolution.

1260 years I see as the most important prophetic time period in the Bible.

It's mentioned three separate times.

Twice as a time, times and a half a time.

538 + 630 = 1260.

I wonder how accurate that 640 light year number is for Betelgeuse.

I can't help but think of that stupid movie every time I type Betelgeuse.

I agree with the OP, that Judgement day is not far off.
This is ridiculous. Supernovae are going off all across our, and other, galaxies all the time. Why should one arbitrary star becoming a supernova have huge significance, suddenly? And why did the similar supernova in 1054 NOT presage the 2nd Coming?

This looks a lot like people, desperate to justify belief in an imminent 2nd Coming, force-fitting information that happens to be to hand into their belief scheme.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I know.

All the articles about it say that.

We probably have another 100,000 years before Betelgeuse goes supernova .

We probably have another 100,000 years before an asteroid hits us.

We probably have another 100,000 years before an earthquake hits us.

Hello?

They put that in there so that you won't find it too spooky to finish reading the rest of the article and enjoy the rest of the advertisements.

But what did you think, how did it make you feel, when you read how much it had dimmed since just October 2019?

It "has now fallen from its perch as the ninth brightest star in the night sky, all the way down to number 23.​

This dimming that we see is 640 years old light getting here.

They get dim just before they explode.

It's going to be a riot whet it first appears.

It's just going to appear in the sky.

Most will not know what it is.

There will be no warning.

What the hell is THAT?

"And there shall be signs in the sun,
and in the moon,
and in the stars
; - Luke 21:25​

nafJOKm.jpg

This guy says for two weeks, or two months.

oCys2lu.jpg

How stupid. Within 24hrs, everyone on the planet who can read, or who has a mobile phone, will know exactly what it is. Apart from congenital idiots, I suppose. :D

exchemist

Veteran Member
When someone is so poor that the mud blinds their eyes, because they've not even washed; maybe try eye salve to see (Revelation 3:18), before calling a King a Peasant - As each time the pauper strikes out in their blind rage, they fall more into the mud. :oops:

My hovercraft is full of eels.

wizanda

Premium Member
This looks a lot like people, desperate to justify belief in an imminent 2nd Coming, force-fitting information that happens to be to hand into their belief scheme.
Since we can prove I was sent from Heaven as the Messiah, with our name across many of the world's religious texts; it would be really crazy to ignore so much data to be honest.

Thus we're not waiting for a second coming, I'm literally sitting here asking people to accept it for 15 years now, and soon the end comes.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

From the article you provided ...

"While the star probably has another 100,000 years of life ahead of it, its dimming presents a new opportunity for scientists to study the life cycle of stars that are on their last legs."

I can see that you want to move onto other cherry picked events that you think make your case for you, while completely ignoring the fact that the main one you based this entire thread on, is not what you thought it was. Unless you think 100,000 years from now is soon? :shrug: