• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we have to seek Allah, or is Allah already seeking us (Put in the name of the God you believe in)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Often i have been speaking of seeking Allah, But is this actually what is correct way?
Does Allah (put in the name of the God you follow) already seeking connection with us? but as human beings we have locked" our senses so we are unable or less obvious to recognize the call from Allah?

When we "open up" is it that moment we re-connect with Allah? or how does it work in your understanding?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Often i have been speaking of seeking Allah, But is this actually what is correct way?
Does Allah (put in the name of the God you follow) already seeking connection with us? but as human beings we have locked" our senses so we are unable or less obvious to recognize the call from Allah?

When we "open up" is it that moment we re-connect with Allah? or how does it work in your understanding?
I believe that God wants a connection to us but God is not seeking that connection, we have to seek that connection with God.
God wants us to seek Him. It says that in the Bible but also in the Baha'i Writings.

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who approaches Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.

A few of the Hidden Words of Baha'u'llah are very telling. God created us out of His love for us but if we do not love God, God's love will not reach us because we have not opened up the channel such that God's love can flow through it and reach us, as it says in 5. below.

3: O SON OF MAN! Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image and revealed to thee My beauty.

4: O SON OF MAN! I loved thy creation, hence I created thee. Wherefore, do thou love Me, that I may name thy name and fill thy soul with the spirit of life.

5: O SON OF BEING! Love Me, that I may love thee. If thou lovest Me not, My love can in no wise reach thee. Know this, O servant.

The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 4

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it goes both ways.

The strongest connections I have had with God figures were instances of when I felt 'the god chose me'(for lack of a better explanation).

I heard a saying once(it may have come from Sufism, if my memory is correct) that "when you take one step towards God, God takes 7 towards you". And that is how I felt in my own personal experiences. I would take an itsy bitsy step, and out he'd jump, big grin on face, as if he'd been hiding in my kitchen cupboards for years, just waiting for me to find him(and the joke was on me, of course). Figuratively speaking, of course.

There isn't really anything that interesting in my kitchen cupboards.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think it goes both ways.

The strongest connections I have had with God figures were instances of when I felt 'the god chose me'(for lack of a better explanation).

I heard a saying once(it may have come from Sufism, if my memory is correct) that "when you take one step towards God, God takes 7 towards you". And that is how I felt in my own personal experiences. I would take an itsy bitsy step, and out he'd jump, big grin on face, as if he'd been hiding in my kitchen cupboards for years, just waiting for me to find him(and the joke was on me, of course). Figuratively speaking, of course.

There isn't really anything that interesting in my kitchen cupboards.
You do know your sufi stuff hehe :) Yes it is a sufi saying you speak of, i do agree with you, And i also have had similar experience/feeling of Allah`s presence near me

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

This is going to be an RF-unorthodox opinion, but I think of two things when it comes to the "god experience." One is the need and calling to self heal (connection with the inner child so found in my meditations) and through my family both living and in spirit.

So, I think it's a bit of both. Maybe god ('or' family, inner child, etc) is nudging you with signs to say "hey, I'm here. Don't forget." Maybe your going to him without him pulling you is somewhat from ego (assuming you can go on your own).

Maybe its more god is in you/you are god (lbw) that your pull to connect with him overlaps or maybe the same as the pull he is doing of you. You and god aren't separate (as in interconnected rather than the same).

Inner child usually is a yearning to know who you are beyond the "adulthood" or appearance we put on ourselves to differentiate ourselves from child, adult, and aged. While family members call you (lbw) as they are support.

Maybe its both.

1. What does it mean to you if you are seeking god?
2. What does it mean to you that god would seek you?

3. What "you" is seeking and how can a force seek you (my puzzlement)?

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This is going to be an RF-unorthodox opinion, but I think of two things when it comes to the "god experience." One is the need and calling to self heal (connection with the inner child so found almost in meditations) and through my family both living and in spirit.

So, I think it's a bit of both. Maybe god ('or' family, inner child, etc) is nudging you with signs to say "hey, I'm here. Don't forget." Maybe your going to him without him pulling you is somewhat from ego (assuming you can go on your own).

Maybe its more god is in you/you are god (lbw) that your pull to connect with him overlaps or maybe the same as the pull he is doing of you. You and god aren't separate (as in interconnected rather than the same).

Inner child usually is a yearning to know who you are beyond the "adulthood" or appearance we put on ourselves to differentiate ourselves from child, adult, and aged. While family members call you (lbw) as they are support.

Maybe its both.

1. What does it mean to you if you are seeking god?
2. What does it mean to you that god would seek you?

3. What "you" is seeking and how can a force seek you (my puzzlement)?
First of all @Unveiled Artist, again you have some amazing views and understanding. And honestly i found a lot of good within your answer.

1: To me, seeking God is not an search outside of my own being, as you mention, God is within us, we just have to find the right answer to realize how God is within us.

2: To me: When God seeking me or my attention is a better word, it is an inner voice that keep nugging me when i do something that is bad for me or when it is highly immoral. The inner voice will notify me in a way that i realize what i am about to do is wrong or bad for me.
But it can as it has happen a few times, be that i get flashes of wisdom that i have to prosess and find answers to, that will highten my inner wisdom of what i have to do spiritually in my life.

3: What i seek is the inner wisdom that elevate my inner being to a level that make me see and understand the "unseen" world or spiritual world. And what i have to do in my life to be able to prosess this wisdom in to what will bring me to paradise when i die from this physical life.
I am far from the answers yet, so i have a long way (or maybe it is super short when i do realize it) But all i understand now is that at this moment in time, i have more to realize before the wisdom arise from within in,

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I think God seeks you in a form to which He knows you'll be attracted, so you'll seek Him in turn.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This to me is a many true answer to the same question situation.

I like this story from Meher Baba about the musk deer illustrating that we are already what we seek but don't know it (and which is sometimes stated as our search is 'in our heart'):

Once, while roaming about and frolicking among hills and dales, the Kasturi-mriga [musk deer] was suddenly aware of an exquisitely beautiful scent, the like of which it had never known. The scent stirred the inner depths of its soul so profoundly that it determined to find the source.

So keen was its longing that, notwithstanding the severity of cold or the intensity of scorching heat, by day as well as by night, it carried on its desperate search for the source of the sweet scent. It knew no fear or hesitation, but undaunted went on its elusive search, until at last, happening to lose its foothold on a cliff, it had a precipitous fall, resulting in a fatal injury.

While breathing its last, the deer found that the scent which had ravished its heart and inspired all these efforts came from its own navel. This last moment of the deer's life was the happiest, and there was on its face inexpressible peace.

InvestigateTruth

I believe There is no direct connection with Allah. The door is closed.
All we have is the message of God, in the most recent holy Book, He has sent down. We only can follow the guidance in the Book.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

I don't think we need to seek, because He's already there. There's really nothing to seek. But I do think we need to be aware, and open to it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The leader of our time is with us all, let alone God, and the leader calls us within our souls, and it's time we listen.