• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we have a soul that goes out of our bodies to heaven at death?I think we do.

Frank Goad

Do we have a soul that goes out of our bodies to heaven at death?I think we do.Do you think Genesis 35:18?And Psalms 90:10?Are talking about the same thing?I do.:)What do you think?Do you agree?Or disagree?And can you explain why you agree or disagree.With bible verses?If you can.I got all of my bible verses from the king james version of the bible.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Probably not. Abraham dies "Old and full of years," but Abraham had a vision of a peaceful future. That comforted him I think when he looked and saw the evils of this world. If he knew what the world would be like today and how much better things are today he would be fascinated and encouraged, and we should be, too. If he could choose to live peacefully in a time of piracy and spear fights and while living out in the open with no city walls with his wives and cousins and children only housed in tents, then that is an example for us. We can choose to be fearful and to bristle with weapons, to give in and dominate all those around us who could conceivably threaten us; or we can become children of Abraham.

Abraham's choices give him confidence. He knows that people can live in peace. He is doing it.

But what if Abraham wasn't concerned with peace on earth, good will towards all? What if he was mainly concerned with not sinning and then going to live in heaven? He could not have been called the friend of God then. We've seen what happens when people live for an afterlife, and its not pretty. They have to care about people here, now and the way things are here, now. Hope for the future and for future generations is healthy. It is generous and self sacrificing to work for the benefit of those in the world to come.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't know about humans, i don't think anyone has seen a human soul so they cant honestly comment...

But cats...

127528915_10157091531982757_7287571464438672230_n.jpg

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Do we have a soul that goes out of our bodies to heaven at death?I think we do.Do you think Genesis 35:18?And Psalms 90:10?Are talking about the same thing?I do.:)What do you think?Do you agree?Or disagree?And can you explain why you agree or disagree.With bible verses?If you can.I got all of my bible verses from the king james version of the bible.
I think we have an interpenetrating astral body that goes outside of our bodies to heaven after we die as reported in the Near Death Experience. The soul is actually on a higher plane beyond even that.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Mountains have something to do where most good dead people reside (spiritually).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
When we drop our physical bodies that which lasts beyond a single life reviews the life just lived and experiences heaven or hell as determined by the tenor of that life.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
You know my stand, and the Scriptures I use that support it. Why keep asking me? I want to know why.

I’m tired of rehashing the same issue again and again.

Please, stop PM’ing me on this same issue, I’m begin’ ya.
Other subjects are fine.

Your cousin, HC

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
The Soul is the whole person: ‘Spirit in body’.

‘Soul’ is just another word for ‘Person’ just as ‘Christ’ is just another word for ‘Messiah’; it’s just a different language or language usage.

The spirit animated the body.

Without the spirit the body cannot function nor sustain itself and therefore decays back to chemical elements

On death, the spirit of the person becomes inert, rested, dormant, inactive … since it has no body to animate.

Yahweh God is the ‘Father of Spirits’, and therefore it is in Him that the disembodied Spirit rests with.

God is able to create a new body and put a dormant spirit into it to animate it, thus restoring life to that Soul.

Usage of Soul:
  • ‘There was not a single Soul in the building’
    • ‘There was not a single Person in the building’
  • ‘The Soul that sins against the Spirit of God is subject to eternal death’
    • ‘The person that sins against thd spirit of God is subject to eternal death’
  • ‘My whole Soul yearns for rest’
    • ‘My Spirit and Body years for rest’ (Spirit: mental test; Body: Physical rest)
Trinitarians will try to claim that the soul is somehow a third element of a person. There is no realisation of such a thing anywhere in any belief system except Christian trinity.

The belief comes about simply from a vain attempt to reconcile their claim that YAHWEH God is three persons and since man is ‘Image of God’ then man should be three PARTS….

But check out the problems:
  • ‘Parts’…. God is not composed of PARTS…!
  • The trinity three are INDEPENDENT entities … Man cannot operate without a ‘trinity part’:
    • ‘Soul and Body’??
    • ‘Soul and Spirit’??
  • Jesus DIED…. ‘I am he who was dead…BUT NOW (after his resurrection) AM ALIVE FOR EVERMORE’ (Jesus BECAME eternal - a change from Mortality to Immortality
  • God is eternal… ‘I am He who is, was, and always will be’ (Is it an accident that Yahweh gave himself a name that means ‘I Am’ … no! because ‘I am’ expresses eternally being… never changing!
  • God has all power and authority right from the ‘off’!
  • Jesus is GRANTED power and authority FROM GOD to perform a task and handed it BACK TO GOD after completing the task
  • In MANY MANY claims made by Trinitarians ONLY GOD and Jesus are mentioned. If there was a SINGLE UNITY-THREE GOD then ALL THREE would be mentioned at all times relevant:
    • ‘I and the Father are one!’
    • ‘Eternal life depends on believing in You, Yahweh, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom YOU SENT
    • ‘Greetings in the name of our God, and in Jesus Christ’
    • ‘For us there is only one God; the Father, and one Lord; Jesus Christ’
    • ((…. There are many more examples…))
  • If God is three and Jesus is two (God and man) … isn’t God schizophrenic: at one time jesus ‘knows all things’ and the next he does not know everything - or as trinity puts it:
  1. Jesus CHOSE NOT TO KNOW
  2. The Father chose not to reveal it to Jesus… even though Jesus IS GOD!! (Do you see something weird about that claim?)
  3. Jesus ‘GAVE UP BEING GOD’ but didn’t since he was 100% God all the time as man … but he didn’t resume being God after he was taken up to Heaven (if he is God why was he TAKEN up to Heaven?)
It can thus be seen that there is no link between God as three entities (or parts / persons) and Man as three parts. In fact, there is no link to God being three entities (or parts).

Moreover, which one of God and Jesus and the spirit of God is the equivalent in man?

Is the Soul: The Father, the Spirit: The Spirit of God, the Body: the Son?

It’s truly messy, and it’s no wonder that Trinitarians rarely ever make reference to this nonsensical aspect of their belief.

ROGER BARRE

Mountains have something to do where most good dead people reside (spiritually).
Light emanates from Allah but Allah precedes. Light experienced by many, love infinite, is a decoy. All that is is made. Even Allah has a source. And in you, it's what breathes your breath, without which you live and write nothing.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see this is in Scriptural Debates. Are scriptures the right source of evidence to answer this question? Do they offer any empirical evidence for their claims? Are the claims of the various scriptures, in the various religions, even consistent?
If a methodology yields inconsistent conclusions, is it a reliable methodology?

The OP asks a question of objective fact. I don't think perusing the thoughts of ancient writers is a reliable way to investigate this question.

Elihoenai

Ecclesiastes 3:20

20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Only a Few hundred/thousand Elect throughout the generations Attain the Soul. Flesh is Dust. When you live in the Dust/Flesh you return to Flesh/Dust again.

Elohim's/God's Ladder:
Flesh->Soul->Spirit

Last edited:

ROGER BARRE

Ecclesiastes 3:20

20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Only a Few hundred/thousand Elect throughout the generations Attain the Soul. Flesh is Dust. When you live in the Dust/Flesh you return to Flesh/Dust again.

Elohim's/God's Ladder:
Flesh->Soul->Spirit
you cannot attain where you are. as for who attains, all are breathed from.

Elihoenai

you cannot attain where you are. as for who attains, all are breathed from.
1 Corinthians 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Do you believe that every person living is Soul Man? How do you interpret 1 Corinthians 15:45?