• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we all worship the same God?

Billy Bob

Sure you all worship the same God. The trouble with all Gods are they are not from Father Yahweh the Creator of all things.

They want to be worshiped and don't care what you call them.

If you have eyes to see and want to know how Satan and all the Gods deceived this religous world.

just as your own Bible tells you in Rev.12:9.

Then please come by our web site and check out " Who Is Lord God ?" "Who is Baal?"

You can read of the God or Gods of this world in 2 Cor.4:4.

The web site is,

http.//www.yahweh.com

May Holy Spirit that inspired the Holy Scriptures to be written bless your understanding in your search for TRUTH!

Iyyob

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
The best way for me to explain the way I see this is as follows:

Let us use the human body as a model. If God was a human body, this is how it would be, Christians would be worshiping the heart - that which creates the grace of God's forgiveness. Jews would be worshiping the head, that which rules and runs the body. Buddhists, Wicca, and many eastern religions would be worshiping the mouth, where the word of God comes forth with wisdom, and the power to create. While yet another religion would worship the feet, for they are what carries the body.

Do you see where I am going with this? GOD IS TOO BIG FOR ANY OF US TO TRULY COMPREHEND.

Melody

Montreville said:
Is there really a debate on who's in charge up-there, around here, in the heavens, on the ground, in the earth,in the plants,animals, beings...,?
No...this is not a debate about who's in charge. I was interested in clarifying whether people think we do worship the same God or if it's all political correctness.

I believe there is only one God....and I believe many many people have gotten it wrong or corrupted God's word for their own agenda. No offense intended against other faiths, but if I didn't believe this, I wouldn't be a Christian which in my definition means that I believe Jesus is God and He is the only path to salvation.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Steve said:
"True there is one Creator, but we dont all worship him. I belive God is the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit.

If you disagree then you have just admited you worship a different god."
No . I just refuse to allow you to define God for me . If doing so means that in your opinion , I worship a different God . Is that so hard to understand ? You are the one putting the limitations on who and what God is . They are your limitations , not mine .

Nothing has ever been created that hasn't been created by the Creator . Nothing .

Now I am not saying that all religions are the same . :) Oh no . But I believe that they all are trying to reach the same God .

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Melody said:
I believe there is only one God....and I believe many many people have gotten it wrong or corrupted God's word for their own agenda. No offense intended against other faiths, but if I didn't believe this, I wouldn't be a Christian which in my definition means that I believe Jesus is God and He is the only path to salvation.
:) Well said Melody . And I agree . Well , with everything except the degree of your faith in the last sentence . And any disagreement we have would be more a matter of Faith , I think . { Yours is greater then mine }.

It is late , and that likely doesn't make any sense . But I'm talking about your Faith that Jesus is God and what you likely see as his " path ". I most likely take a much more general view of it then you do ? But I whole-heartitly agree with the first part of your post . Which is why I do take such a general view of who Jesus is . I don't trust politics . :)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Sabio said:
The answer that you gave Kathy regarding Joseph Smith is much the same perspective that Christians hold of Mohammed. In the book of Revelations (Bible) it is written that no one can add (additional scripture) or take away from the Bible under severe penalty from God, Mohammed and Joseph Smith both fall into this category.
Actually, Sabio, the book of Revelation really doesn't say that no one must add to or take away from the Bible. It says that no one must add to or take away from "this book" -- which is the book of Revelation. The Bible didn't even exist when John was inspired to write Revelation. Furthermore, there is a similar warning in Deuteronomy that, if taken to mean what the warning in Revelation means, would automatically exclude the entire remainder of the Bible from being considered scripture.

God was telling us, through John, that no one was to tamper with this revelation. He wasn't telling us that He (God) was, at the same time, officially declaring that He would never have anything further to tell His children. If God chooses to speak to us at any time or in any place, it would probably be a good idea for us not to tell Him to keep quiet because Revelation says to! (Of course, Revelation wasn't even the last book in the Bible to be written. It was just placed last in the Bible. Big difference.)

Kathryn

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Sabio said:
I am not convinced that Islam and Christianity follow the same God.
So, Sabio... If a Muslim woman prays to Allah that her dying child be healed and he is, who answered her prayers? The Christian God (to whom she did not address her prayer), the Muslim God (whom you see as a false god), or neither of them (the miracle of her child's recovery was really just a coincidence)?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Sabio said:
The fact that Revelations was placed as the last book of the NT: this has to be accepted on faith, that divine influence from God achieved this placement by man, thus the references to adding or removing from the BIble are at the end of the Bible and apply to the whole Bible.
Sorry, guys, but the scripture reads as follows (at least in the KJV)...

"For I testify unto every man that hearest the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

How in the world can any of you possibly construe this to mean that God can and will no longer speak to mankind? If God was trying to say that He was through talking, that's what He would have said! He may have spoken to Mohammad and He may have spoken to Joseph Smith, and He may have instructed them to record what He said to them. I'm not saying that you should necessarily believe that He did, but for Heaven's Sake, don't use Revelation 22:18-19 to argue your point. It just doesn't work.

Kathryn

Jensen

Christian means to be a follower of Christ. That is really what the word means. Doctrines of Christianity vary, and some followers of Christ (Christians, see below) do not believe that Jesus is God, but that he is the Son of God. They are still believers and followers of Christ. They are not non-Christian because their beliefs differ on some things.

Christian: pertaining to Jesus or his teachings.

Whether we all worship the same God or not, I don't know, but I do think that all those that believe that there is a God are seeking the God of creation, the creator. So maybe we are?

katzpur, I didn't realize before that that verse/s was talking of the Revelation given in that book. That that was what we are not to add to or take from. Learn something everyday. Thanks

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I dont think we worship the same god. I worship Inanna, Anubis, Morigan, and a few others. I don't worship any god or goddess for salvation.

Jensen

What I am saying is if we all are worshipping or seeking the god that created all things...then wouldn't those be worshipping the same god, possibly?

Melody

Jensen said:
Christian means to be a follower of Christ. That is really what the word means. Doctrines of Christianity vary, and some followers of Christ (Christians, see below) do not believe that Jesus is God, but that he is the Son of God. They are still believers and followers of Christ.
Since I do not agree with your definition of Christian, it makes having a debate a bit difficult. Perhaps we need to coin some terms to identify the various belief systems instead of trying to lump them all under one heading of "Christian". The term seems to apply to everyone who says "Yep, he was a good man...not God...but still a good man with good ideas that I'm trying to emulate" to those who believe He is God. In essence, the term has become meaningless.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Melody said:
Since I do not agree with your definition of Christian, it makes having a debate a bit difficult. Perhaps we need to coin some terms to identify the various belief systems instead of trying to lump them all under one heading of "Christian". The term seems to apply to everyone who says "Yep, he was a good man...not God...but still a good man with good ideas that I'm trying to emulate" to those who believe He is God. In essence, the term has become meaningless.
So, Melody... What would your definition of a Christian be? I agree that there are many individuals who see Jesus Christ as a good man and nothing more should probably not be called "Christians," but I don't think most of them really would want to be called "Christians" either. But if someone seriously considers himself to be a Christian, I don't feel as if it's my place to say that he's not. Do you agree or disagree? Just curious.

khan1955

So, Melody... What would your definition of a Christian be? I agree that there are many individuals who see Jesus Christ as a good man and nothing more should probably not be called "Christians," but I don't think most of them really would want to be called "Christians" either. But if someone seriously considers himself to be a Christian, I don't feel as if it's my place to say that he's not. Do you agree or disagree? Just curious.
I think there is just one God and just one way to get to heaven. And a Christian is one who has a personal relationship with Jesus. That is the reason people are called Christians,one God ,one way to him.

khan1955

Some do worsip same God some don't,and it does depend on the belief system the one believes in whether or not the same God is being prayed to.

CMIYC

I’m not very good at thins, so I can only give you a comment that makes sense to me.

I look at god as love and love like international feeling (language), everybody feels love and they feel it in the same way. Everybody knows of love, so love is everywhere, god is everywhere. Love comes in many languages. You could come up with your own word for love but at the end of the day the feeling is the same, even though the word is different. Yes, it is the same god no matter what word he goes by.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
khan1955 said:
I think there is just one God and just one way to get to heaven. And a Christian is one who has a personal relationship with Jesus. That is the reason people are called Christians,one God ,one way to him.
Khan, that sounds almost as if you are saying that only true Christians will go to heaven - what about a devout, good, and moral Muslim ? - a Buddhist who has followed an exemplary life ?(Just to mention two - I could go on all day..):)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
khan1955 said:
Khan,

Your belief doesn't seem to be very similar to the belief of most Catholics I know. What do you believe will happen to the millions of good people who lived their entire lives without ever even hearing the name "Jesus Christ"? Do you honestly believe that God will condemn them all to an eternity in Hell just because they had the misfortune to have been born in the wrong time or at the wrong place? What kind of "Christian" God would do that? Did He merely put them on this earth in order to take up space, if they had not even the remotest chance of returning to Him? Or did I misunderstand you?

Kathryn

Jensen

Melody said:

Did I say that he was a good man only? No. So I wonder why you would add that and then debate from that point.

What I said was that Christian mean to be a follower of Christ. Christ...... Christ is a Messiah, a Savior, the Son of God, the anointed, someone more than just a good or mere man as some say to agrue a point.

My definition of Christian came from a dictionary.
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
John 17v1-3

Verse 3 was spoken by Jesus. "...that they might know thee the only true God,..."

Was Jesus speaking of himself when he said "thee"?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Jensen said:
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
John 17v1-3

Verse 3 was spoken by Jesus. "...that they might know thee the only true God,..."

Was Jesus speaking of himself when he said "thee"?
Of course not. He was addressing His Father in prayer. I don't know of anyone who prays to himself.