• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we all worship the same God?

Melody

michel said:
I would'nt say 'wrong' - I would say in a different way......................

Doesn't that scenario make sense therefore that we probably do all believe in the same God, but that the religion for each nation developed along it's own 'track' ?:)
But if one religion believes that Christ is the only way to salvation by God's Word...and another does not..again by God's Word.....one of them has to be wrong or corrupting God's Word.

Sabio

EnhancedSpirit said:
But not every body worships the same God. Some people believe in God, but worship money. Others worship food, while some worship drugs, or fame.
You are right! "Where your treasure is your heart will be also"

Sabio

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
well, as far as I'm concerned (and everyone I've talked with of my faith) we all worship the same Creator.
Creator likes variety... just look around. Every people were given a path to walk, a path that reflected what they needed from a religion, a lesson to learn and share with other people.

There is more than one nation of people, more than one culture, why should there be only one way to Creator?

wa:do

Sabio

painted wolf said:
well, as far as I'm concerned (and everyone I've talked with of my faith) we all worship the same Creator.
Creator likes variety... just look around. Every people were given a path to walk, a path that reflected what they needed from a religion, a lesson to learn and share with other people.

There is more than one nation of people, more than one culture, why should there be only one way to Creator?

wa:do
I disagree, I think that some of the religions from the Earth Based section worship the "creation" rather than the "creator".

Sabio

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Melody said:
So you're saying that we all worship the same game God but some of us are just getting the actual method wrong?
I believe Christianity and following the teaching of Christ is the Way.

But if I am right or wrong in this, It is the same God we all worship.

I do not think we will be Judged on our beliefs but on our actions. And for me that is my actions as compared to Jesus' teachings.

Terry

Blessed are the merciful, mercy shall be shown unto them.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Terrywoodenpic said:
I believe Christianity and following the teaching of Christ is the Way.

But if I am right or wrong in this, It is the same God we all worship.

I do not think we will be Judged on our beliefs but on our actions. And for me that is my actions as compared to Jesus' teachings.

Terry

Blessed are the merciful, mercy shall be shown unto them.
That works for me.:clap

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Peace said:
God who revealed the Torah to Prophet Moses peace be upon him is the same God who revealed the Bible to Prophet Jesus Christ peace be upon and the same God who revealed the Quran to Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him.
God is one and unique and we all (Jews, Christians adn Muslims) worship the same God and pray to the same God, for there is no Creator, no god besides God, the Creator of the whole universe.

Peace be with you,
Peace
Hello, Peace!

I like your answer so far. Now comes the hard question: Is He the same God who revealed the Book of Mormon to the Prophet Joseph Smith? :)

Kathryn

ch'ang

artist in training
The differences in how people worship god do not mean they are worshiping a different god they just go about it differently, also if you believe that there is one supreme deity and a another group also worships a supreme deity then in my mind your worshiping the same thing no matter what others claim

Melody

ch'ang said:
The differences in how people worship god do not mean they are worshiping a different god they just go about it differently, also if you believe that there is one supreme deity and a another group also worships a supreme deity then in my mind your worshiping the same thing no matter what others claim
But what if one group worships a deity and the other group denies that deity is a deity?

CMIYC

James
I’m referring to Revelation 12:7 somehow I don’t think the dragon was a dragon like we might envisage. Dragons don’t come with logic of waging a war nor do they have angel followers.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
CMIYC said:
James
I’m referring to Revelation 12:7 somehow I don’t think the dragon was a dragon like we might envisage. Dragons don’t come with logic of waging a war nor do they have angel followers.
No, but the dragon is not a god. He is Satan, otherwise known as Lucifer, who was an angel and, according to the Book of Enoch - which whilst not in the canon of Scripture except in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, was always considered profitable reading and is referred to in the NT - was cast down for leading a rebellion of other angels against God because he wished to usurp His place. Despite being a creature his pride lead him to think himself equal to God. This is the Christian position on the war in Heaven (for those who, like me, actually believe in angels and demons) there is no war between gods, just a rebellion by angels.

James

CMIYC

lacobPrsul
Excuse my ignorance for a moment, but wasn't Lucifer one of gods sons? And wasn’t Jesus one of gods sons. If you say yes to Lucifer, then you must say yes to Jesus. If that is the case, then didn’t Jesus do the same thing, by saying, God and I are one?

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Sabio said:
James,

I need to piggyback on your comments. Originally the the sons of Abraham Isaac (Jews) and Ishmael (Arabs) did worship the same (true) God.

But Mohammed's household (parents) apparently came from an occult background.
" The Quraysh tribe (Muhammad's tribe ) was previously devoted to Allah, the moon god. Muhammad's father was Abd-Allah. His Uncle, Obied-Allah. His mother, Aminah, was known to have been involved in the occult. (2)" (http://www.ldolphin.org/missler.html)

Thus it is highly probable that Mohammed did not follow the God of the Arabs (Jewsa and Christians), but followed Allah the moon god.

(Moon God worship comes from the ancient Babylonian (occult) religion)

This is not to say that all Arabs (then or today) follow this moon god.

Sabio
This is all false and has nothing to do with the truth. And that article about what Islam is has nothing to do with Islam and the one who wrote such a thing is an enemy to Islam, who just out of his hatred towards Muslims wrote such nonsense that has nothing to do with the religion of Islam, and this most of people knows. To know the truth about Islam go to the sources of Islam, our sources that we rely on which are our holy book the Quran and the Sunnah (Saying and traditions of Prophet Muhammad pbuh).

Allah is the name of God, the One who created the whole universe and what's therein, and the god moon you are talking about has nothing to do with Islam or Muslims. and the one who claims that Allah is the moon god that Muslims worship is totally ignorant about Islam and Muslims and their beliefs. We Muslims believe in the Unity of God, who has no associate, God who created us and whatever exist, God to whom we belong and to whom we shall return.
Islam forbids magic and superstitions. we do believe that jinns exist as creatures of God who are created from fire and full stop.
Sabio, next time if you want to talk about something, go and read well about it and don't read those article or books written by the ones whose hearts are so black, full of hatred towards Muslims and who are so ignorant about it.

Peace

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Katzpur said:
Hello, Peace!

I like your answer so far. Now comes the hard question: Is He the same God who revealed the Book of Mormon to the Prophet Joseph Smith? :)

Kathryn
Hello Kathy and peace be with you,

We Muslims believe that Prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him, is the seal of prophets and no prophet will ever come after him, and the Quran is the last revelation that God revealed to Prophet Muhammed through Angel Gabriel peace be upon him as a last universal message for the whole human beings.
God is one, He is the One who created the whole human beings and there is no god beside God.

Peace

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
CMIYC said:
lacobPrsul
Excuse my ignorance for a moment, but wasn't Lucifer one of gods sons? And wasn’t Jesus one of gods sons. If you say yes to Lucifer, then you must say yes to Jesus. If that is the case, then didn’t Jesus do the same thing, by saying, God and I are one?
No, Lucifer wasn't one of God's sons, he was one of God's creations - an angel. Christ is God's only begotten Son, begotten before all ages and not a creation. This is the Christian position. Christ is God but humbled Himself to become man so that He might save us. Lucifer was an angel who tried to aggrandize himself to make himself equal to God, and has subsequently tried to tempt us away from God where Christ has reconciled us to God. The two could not be more different. In fact, it's safe to say they are completely diametrically opposed.

James

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
You must spread some Karma around before giving it to IacobPersul again.:)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Melody said:
Peace,
Ok, but you are saying Jesus "the prophet". How do you deal with the following bible verses?

"For this cause therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God."
John 5:18

I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I Am, you shall die in your sins.
John 8:24

"I and the Father are one."
John 10:31

"Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
John 20:28

There are many many more verses where Jesus says to worship only God and yet He receives worship. Finally, God is referred to as the first and last...and so is Christ.

"Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me."

Isaiah 44:6

"Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades."

Revelations 1:17-18

Since Islam denies the divinity of Christ...and the Christian bible emphasizes the divine...I don't see how they can be the same God.

Don't get me wrong, everyone should follow their own heart, but I have a problem with what I see as political correctness. To be politically correct we must accept that everybody's path is the right way....and I just don't see how that's possible.
Peace be with you Melody,

We do all have the same God, for God is one who has no son or associate. How can God have human attributes? God is above all that and Jesus peace be upon him is and will be innocent from what people claim. The bible which was revealed to Prohet Jesus peace be upon him is not the same Bible that we have nowadays, for it has been re-written and corrupted by many authors. People added to it what they wanted and suited their benefits to lead people astray and to hide the truth. So it' no more the same words that God revealed to Prophet Jesus pbuh.
As you quoted the Bible, I hope you don't mind if I quote the Quran to show you the speech of God with Prophet Jesus pbuh. the part which is highlighted is the conversation between God and Jesus pbuh on the day of judgement. Would you please read it?

Then will Allah say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.'
"And behold! I inspired the disciples to have faith in Me and Mine Messenger: they said, 'We have faith, and do thou bear witness that we bow to Allah as Muslims'".
Behold! the disciples, said: "O Jesus the son of Mary! can thy Lord send down to us a table set (with viands) from heaven?" Said Jesus: "Fear Allah, if ye have faith."
They said: "We only wish to eat thereof and satisfy our hearts, and to know that thou hast indeed told us the truth; and that we ourselves may be witnesses to the miracle."
Said Jesus the son of Mary: "O Allah our Lord! Send us from heaven a table set (with viands), that there may be for us - for the first and the last of us - a solemn festival and a sign from thee; and provide for our sustenance, for thou art the best Sustainer (of our needs)."
Allah said: "I will send it down unto you: But if any of you after that resisteth faith, I will punish him with a penalty such as I have not inflicted on any one among all the peoples."
And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.
"Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things.
"If Thou dost punish them, they are Thy servant: If Thou dost forgive them, Thou art the Exalted in power, the Wise."
Allah will say: "This is a day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are gardens, with rivers flowing beneath,- their eternal Home: Allah well-pleased with them, and they with Allah: That is the great salvation, (the fulfilment of all desires).
To Allah doth belong the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is therein, and it is He Who hath power over all things. (Quran, 5: 110-120)

We all have the same God whether we like it or not, for God who created us is unique and has no associate.

May our dear God guide us to His truth and His everlasting light, amen!!
Peace

Steve

To say we all worship the same God is absurd.

The Bible for one condemns idolatry in many places, as im sure many other religions do. Why, if the array of gods are the same, does the Bible warn against worshipping false gods. Many religions directly contradict, so to say that in the end they all worship the same God is illogical esspecially when a religion has specific laws against the worship of "gods" of other religions.

True there is one Creator, but we dont all worship him. I belive God is the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit. If you disagree then you have just admited you worship a different god.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi Peace,

Part Quote.."We all have the same God whether we like it or not, for God who created us is unique and has no associate.

May our dear God guide us to His truth and His everlasting light, amen

!!".........

Fruballs for that; I find it a resoundingly wonderful mentality to adopt - it is a great many more people do not share your views; the world would be much more at peace if they did.:)