• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Voters Share the Blame for Trump?

Watchmen

Premium Member
Turning a blind eye isn't the best description.
Consider that we had an election with only 2 candidates who could possibly win.
And both of them have a checkered history with abusing women. In Hillary's case,
she attacked Bill's accusers, & enabled his abuse of women. Most voters saw that
one had to be picked, the only other option being to vote 3rd party or not at all.
Thus, most had to choose a candidate who did disturbing things. This doesn't
mean that any thought the practice was acceptable.

If you voted for Hillary, I certainly wouldn't think that you approved of what she did.
But I could understand your voting for her based upon the choices you faced.
You really have become the voice of reason around here. Whether I agree with you or not, you always show respect and provide informative and reasonable viewpoints. I think we all could learn something from you. Thanks for your contributions.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
no bill clinton had pxxxy freely offered to him, only a loser like Trump has to grab pxxxy without consent!!

Watchmen

Premium Member
no bill clinton had pxxxy freely offered to him, only a loser like Trump has to grab pxxxy without consent!!
First, it was not freely offered.

Second, we don’t know if Trump did or did not, or if he was engaged in “locker room talk” (still unacceptable but not as egregious as the real thing).

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
That went in the negative column for Trump when evaluating the candidates, but it wasn’t given much weight. Trump’s grabbing of women by their private parts, assuming it’s true, has very little to do with how his policies affect me and my family, the same way Clinton banging a 22 year old intern had very little impact on me and my family.
I think you have your Clintons confused, Bill was not the one running and the fact that you didn't "give much weight" to knowingly voting for someone with a long history of sexually assaulting women says a lot about your lack of moral integrity.

youknowme

Some of you seem to think that Trump assaulting women is not a big deal and that we should just forget it and move on but just because you didn't want to vote for Hillary that does not mean it is OK. He sexually assaults women, it is immoral and it is against the law and blathering on about one of the Clintons in way makes his actions acceptable.

youknowme

Also a bit of news flash for you Trump zealots: The election is over. . . Hillary is no longer a factor here and if Trump is impeached then you get Pence who will push the same policy. It is the height of stupidity to believe you can remove morality from leadership and that is just a lie you keep telling yourself because you are pro-Trump no matter what, and a loyalty that makes you so blind that you forget about morality is a dangerous thing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Also a bit of news flash for you Trump zealots: The election is over. . . Hillary is no longer a factor here and if Trump is impeached then you get Pence who will push the same policy. It is the height of stupidity to believe you can remove morality from leadership and that is an excuse that is just a lie you keep telling yourself because you are pro-Trump no matter what, and a loyalty that makes you so blind that you forget about morality is a dangerous thing.
When you don't address any particular person or
post, it sure seems like a rant against a straw man.

Also, consider the title of this thread.
It's about how Trump came to be President.
There's no way to address that without examining
the climate which gave us Hillary as the alternative,
one which appeared the worse choice to many.
Thus, her record is relevant to the discussion, no
mater how uncomfortable that may be.