• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DO U SAY JESUS IS "GOD" (IF U SAY SO THEN BIBLE DISAGREE WITH U)

Again Fatmop you take things literally, Moving moutains might not necessarly move a mountain it could be leading somoene to Christ or having much faith and causing a good prayer life which leads to numerous miracles(Phil 4:13) Anyways Jesus had a much diffrent mind then us Evidently he's God he put things in ways we could understand them. A lima bean is very small faith so a little amount of Faith could move a mountain.

Fatmop

Of course, Jesus had complete faith in himself. After all, he was on a first name basis with the G-man. So what does it take for a non-Jesus human being to have the same completeness of faith as Jesus? How would one demonstrate this faith, if possible - by performing miracles?

Noone will ever math the Faith that Jesus has the Bible tells us that we are dead to sin. Miricals are performed everyday by God throguh People. Im sorry but you wouldnt understand the Faith Christians have because you have not accepted Jesus. All I can do is pray your given a chance to just accept him, in your heart you know there is a God and right now he's talking to you, you may deny it but he is there. There is also a voice telling you not to listen to my "bullcrap" thats satan. Right now he's sending his Holy Spirit to comfort you and Ill pray that you will just forget everythign youve study and accept. Jesus loves you and so do I.

Fatmop

Right now he's sending his Holy Spirit to comfort you and Ill pray that you will just forget everythign youve study and accept.
Seems like the religious right would love that for all of America...

mr.guy

crapsack
preacherman said:
There is also a voice telling you not to listen to my "bullcrap" thats satan. Right now he's sending his Holy Spirit to comfort you and Ill pray that you will just forget everythign youve study and accept. Jesus loves you and so do I.
You paint Satan out to be a pretty reasonable guy. Is this the root of your fear of reason?

Fatmop

I guess I can have it both ways then! I've had lots of people say that; do you think maybe if enough people pray for me, and G-d happens to actually exist, that he'll let me in based on popularity?

Melody

Yes, I do believe Jesus is God and I base it on the following verses (these are just a few):

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
John 8:58

I and my Father are one.
John 10:30

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.
John 20:28

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
Titus 2:13

I believe in one God and I believe that the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ are different manifestations of God, but still God. I see no contradictions.

Satan is the 2nd most powerful person in the Universe and no you cant
Verly Verly I say unto you except a man be born again he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven-Romans

Fatmop

Reminded of Family Guy:
"And it says here we worship some guy named Stan!"
"Oh, that's supposed to be 'Satan.' Typo."

Fatmop

And, for the record, no I do not say Jesus is God. However, I think it's been sufficiently proved that the Bible does say he is.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
preacherman said:
Verly Verly I say unto you except a man be born again he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven-Romans
He is weak unless human beings gave up for thier own desires so then you can say he can control them indirectly.

:eek: 2nd most powerful !!! :tsk:

ThisShouldMakeSense

Melody said:
Yes, I do believe Jesus is God and I base it on the following verses (these are just a few):

I and my Father are one.
John 10:30

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
Titus 2:13

I believe in one God and I believe that the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ are different manifestations of God, but still God. I see no contradictions.

all those scriptures can be heavily debated and i wouldn't say that it's safe to base your beliefs on scriptures, that taken out of context, contradict other scriptures.
for instance, as has already been mentioned, when Jesus said 'I and the father are one', he meant one in purpose and thought. after all, he prayed to his father hoping that his deciples would become one with him, just as he was with his father. does that mean that his deciples would become the same person as jesus? no.
married couples are called one flesh. are they litteraly one flesh? no.
and the abraham scripture simply said that before abraham was alive, jesus existed. compare it with other translations. actually, do that with all the verses you listed. and it goes on...

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Let us stop focusing on the details for just one moment.(the devil's in the details). Step back and focus on the whole bible.

The story of Jesus through the 33 incarnations it took him to evolve himself from the fallen Adam, to the "Resurrected Christ!" This book tells of his past lives as not only Adam, but also his incarnation of Enoch the Jewish Prophet, the man who walked with God. Followed by his life as Melchizedek the Prophet who was Abraham's Teacher who started the Jewish Religion. It tells of Jesus' past life as Joseph, of the coat of many colors, who was thrown into a pit by his brothers and later became dream interpreter for the Pharoah, and one of the most powerful persons in the world next to the Pharoah. bible tells of Jesus' life as Joshua, who took over for Moses, and led the Jewish People to the Promised Land of Milk and Honey! It then tells of his life as Asapha, the Musician, Prophet and Channel for King David! The story of his life as the Jewish Prophet Jeshua! The story of his life as Zend, the Father of Zoroaster who started the Zoroastrian Religion! Then finally incarnating as the Jewish Prophet Jesus who was rejected by his own people but in truth was the Messiah, who they had been waiting for, and started the Christian religion! The Akashic Records and Book of Life show that the New Testament is not only about the life and teachings of Jesus, but the Old Testament of the evolution of the Jewish People turns out to be mostly written about Jesus as well, in his various past lives as Jewish Prophets. As the Master Jesus said, himself, "he came to fulfill the Law of the Prophets!"

Melody

EnhancedSpirit said:
Let us stop focusing on the details for just one moment.(the devil's in the details). Step back and focus on the whole bible.

The story of Jesus through the 33 incarnations it took him to evolve himself from the fallen Adam, to the "Resurrected Christ!" This book tells of his past lives as not only Adam, but also his incarnation of Enoch the Jewish Prophet,
ES,
I think we're reading different bibles.

Melody

ThisShouldMakeSense said:
all those scriptures can be heavily debated and i wouldn't say that it's safe to base your beliefs on scriptures, that taken out of context, contradict other scriptures.
for instance, as has already been mentioned, when Jesus said 'I and the father are one', he meant one in purpose and thought. after all, he prayed to his father hoping that his deciples would become one with him, just as he was with his father. does that mean that his deciples would become the same person as jesus? no.
married couples are called one flesh. are they litteraly one flesh? no.
and the abraham scripture simply said that before abraham was alive, jesus existed. compare it with other translations. actually, do that with all the verses you listed. and it goes on...
I suppose you could interpret it that way, but based on the rest of scripture, I believe you are in error. For example, how would you explain these verses?

Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”
And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

Exodus 3:13-14

Jesus is God...or Thomas is an idolator.

westifer

Some people say Jesus was only a prophet. Some say he was Gods son. Some say he was God. But if he wasnt wouldnt worshiping Jesus be worshiping an idol?