• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do the Vedas Predict a War?

TTCUSM

Namaste Everyone,

I was looking at the Wikipedia article on Vritra, a demon who is mentioned in the Vedas. This is what the article says:

In the early Vedic religion, Vritra (Vṛtra वृत्र "the enveloper"), is an Asura and also a serpent or dragon, the personification of drought and enemy of Indra. Vritra was also known in the Vedas as Ahi ("snake"). He appears as a dragon blocking the course of the Rivers and is heroically slain by Indra.
According to the Rig Veda, Vritra kept the waters of the world captive until he was killed by Indra, who destroyed all the ninety-nine fortresses of Vritra (although the fortresses are sometimes attributed to Sambara) before liberating the imprisoned rivers.

The Western media frequently refers to the nation of China as a dragon. This is very similar to the Vedas, which describe Vritra as a giant serpent.
Many of the rivers that supply water to the Indian subcontinent originate in Tibet, and the government of India is worried that China will divert these rivers. This is also similar to the Vedas, which state that Vritra kept the rivers hostage.

What do you think?

sentry

some guy called Anton Johansson is supposed to have predicted that " india will be occupied by china"
i've read that some of his other predictions have come true

there are also some who say that nostradamus predicted the same thing

from what i've been hearing on the news, china has india surrounded quite literally, and has superior technology and more manpower, if they do decide to attack, and i have an uncomfortable feeling they will, they will probably crush the indian armed forces

...time will tell

loopus

Loopy
It's My Birthday!
some guy called Anton Johansson is supposed to have predicted that " india will be occupied by china"

from what i've been hearing on the news, china has india surrounded quite literally, and has superior technology and more manpower, if they do decide to attack, and i have an uncomfortable feeling they will, they will probably crush the indian armed forces

...time will tell

How do you conquer and occupy a billion people? Even if the Chinese were to destroy the Indian military, I don't think they would be to control the people.

Satyamavejayanti

Namaste Everyone,

I was looking at the Wikipedia article on Vritra, a demon who is mentioned in the Vedas. This is what the article says:

The Western media frequently refers to the nation of China as a dragon. This is very similar to the Vedas, which describe Vritra as a giant serpent.
Many of the rivers that supply water to the Indian subcontinent originate in Tibet, and the government of India is worried that China will divert these rivers. This is also similar to the Vedas, which state that Vritra kept the rivers hostage.

What do you think?

My friend Vritra is not a demon, its just a cloud that holds water, and indra is lightning during which rain may flow from the clouds, there are no proper nouns in the Vedas, nor is there any history in them. Vitra and Indra have many meanings according to context of the Mantra.

so no scope of prophecies in the Vedas.

magalaan

...time will tell

Unlikely at the least

• You do not attack a country that has atomic weapons, that is a big no no
  • History of China shows it to be a peaceful nation
  • We are not living in the middle ages, todays war is predominantly economic
  • China and India complement each other economically and share history culturally
  • China is well aware American would love to create this division to remain in control
The reason the US keeps her troups in Afganistan is that it considers it vital to destabilize India and China and control the oil supply to these countries, she uses Pakistan in this game. the US realizes that the south east Asian region is going to be the new superpower so she wants to keep India and China divided. China is still far to weak to challenge the US militarily. Also China remembers very well who brought destruction to their nation and how. It is all powerplay, but China has never developed a conquering empire like the European nations and the US. China nor India have any interest in a conflict. Tibeth was historically part of China for a long time and I think China occupied it because Western powers wanted to control it creating a danger to China. If you want to see an enemy simply look what country is constantly invading other countries and has her armies all over the world. The US is not going to give up supremacy without a fight. The APAC was specially founded to develop a strategy to remain in power in this century. The invastion of Afghanistan and taking control of all gas and oil supplies in the Middle East and Central Asia was part of this plan.

No India and China benefit each other greatly. China is excelent in hardware India in Software, both are big markets for each others industry. The benefit of each others growth. The future is one of buiding trading zones. EU and US (+mexico+Canada) may become a new zone. Then India and China would be natural economic allies. Militarily there is nothing to win.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend sentry,

It is known that we live in an evolving universe where even the planets have a life and someday the SUN too may no longer be there but the only aspect constant is Change and CONSCIOUSNESS.
Rest what has to happen will happen; predictions or not.
However on the lighter side find this link:
Prophet666: How to recognise Kalki Avatar
about Nostradamus and India very interesting:
A lot of misinformation and theories have appeared on the net and are still appearing about the 10th and final Avatar of The KALKI AVATAR. The Hindu Puranas have time and again and prophesized about the manifestation, in the Prophecies on Kalki Avatar, that he will manifest in the current Hindu cycle of Kaliyuga as per the HINDU COSMOLOGY.

Kalki Avatar has been described as a political ruler, who will rise to power through some sort of peace program or someone who will seize power through some sort of revolution. There are still others who describe him as some Guru, God-man or a founder of sects, and have applied this definition to someone from the past or someone who is still in existence.

Here one must remember that we are talking about an Avatar of Vishnu, the Protective force in the Universe, out of the Hindu Divine Trinity of the Creator, the Protector and the Destroyer or Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. This is a Divine being with Divine powers of the highest possible type, such Divine qualities are present only in God.Kalki Avatar will through his Divine powers destroy the evil that threatens to destroy the world.

Kalki Avatar will manifest when the balance between THE THREE FORCES OF GOD has tilted alarmingly in favor of the Destructive forces, this is what we are witnessing at the present moment, and the balance is rapidly changing with every passing day. There is bound to be destruction as the conflict between the forces of Darkness and Light is not going to be some sort local war or revolution. This will be widespread destruction and will mark the end of a cycle of consciousness and beginning of a new one.

The Divine weapon of Kalki Avatar has been described as a shinning sword by which he will destroy the forces of Darkness. This Divine sword has been described by Nostradamus in his Centuries
as-
Century-2-29
L'oriental sortira de son siege,
Passer les monts Apennins, voir la Gaule,
Transpercera du ciel les eaux & neiges
En vn chacun frappera de sa gaule.
Century-2-29
The Easterner will leave his seat, To pass the Apennine mountains to see Gaul: He will transpire the sky, the waters and the snow, And everyone will be struck with his rod.

The rod which has been described by Nostradamus in his Prophecies is the shinning sword of Kalki Avatar which has been described time and again in the Puranas.And the mode of transport or vehicle of Kalki Avatar is as mentioned in the Puranas is a white horse. When Nostradamus says that “he will transpire the sky, the waters and the snow”, he probably means that Kalki Avatar will move through the world on his Divine means of transport. The Divine weapon along with the Divine transport or vehicle will strike fear and dread in the minds of the forces of Darkness.

The Divine weapons of Kalki Avatar along with other qualities like infinite wisdom and the numerous qualities found in an Avatar of Vishnu are what will convince the world that the Kalki Avatar has finally arrived. Such qualities cannot remain hidden they are obivious. One will know who is Kalki Avatar, when one sees these qualities. There is no other way one can recognize Kalki Avatar.

I am skeptical about some of the verses attributed to Kalki Avatar in some of the Puranas as I think they might have been added by someone with vested interests at a later date.

Love & rgds