• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do the trees whisper?

martha

Yes Prima I tend to like the creatures that don't talk in words over the ones who are supposed to be intelligent.

Don't tell the other humans, though. They will look funny at both of us. :) Worms and slugs unite! Tell the humans you are mad as heck and you're not gonna take being stepped on any more!!!!
Keep moving those worms you sweet girl. Maybe we should hug a tree after we move our worms and slugs. Then they will really have something to talk about!

Joyfully sidestepping slugs,
Martha

Prima

There's a story you'll love, martha...hang on and let me either find it online or type it up.

Prima

You may have heard this before...it can be interpreted as very Jainist or philosophical.

One At A Time
By Jack Canfield & Mark Victor Hansen
"A friend of ours was walking down a deserted Mexican beach at sunset. As he walked along, he began to see another man in the distance. As he grew nearer, he noticed that the local native kept leaning down, picking something up and throwing it out into the water. Time and again he kept hurling things out into the ocean. As our friend approached even closer, he noticed that the man was picking up starfish that had been washed up on the beach and, one at a time, he was throwing them back into the water. Our friend was puzzled. He approached the man and said, "Good evening, friend. I was wondering what you are doing." "I’m throwing these starfish back into the ocean. You see, it’s low tide right now and all these starfish have been washed up onto the shore. If I don’t throw them back into the sea, they’ll die up here from lack of oxygen." "I understand," my friend replied, "but there must be thousands of starfish on this beach. You can’t possibly get to all of them. There are simply too many. And don’t you realize this is probably happening on hundreds of beaches all up and down this coast. Can’t you see that you can’t possibly make a difference?" The local native smiled, bent down and picked up yet another starfish, and as he threw it back into the sea, he replied, "Made a difference to that one!"

martha

Ha, ha, ha! Oh beautiful! :) Simply wonderful story, Prima. I loved it!!! Amen to that last line, "Made a difference to that one."

I feel this way, I shouldn't judge my actions by the results they achieve. I should only judge my actions by them being true to my soul. In other words even if I do a kindness and nobody sees me, I know in my heart that I did the right thing. I have a quote on my wall at work, " Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is watching."
I believe you are a person who posesses integrity. People with integrity don't often get praise, but who needs praise. My soul is satisfied with the way I walk the walk through life.

Thank you Prima for the wonderful story.

Joufully,
Martha

Master Vigil

That was a beautiful story Prima!!!!!! And if I wouldn't have given you frubals already, you would have gotten more!!!! :( That is the way to live.

Like I always say, all of life is like salt in the ocean. An ant may be just one little grain of that salt, but if you take one grain out of the ocean, the ocean will never be the same.

Purity

I'm not a pagan but I'd like to answer this.I believe all things speak to us in their own way. I feel very close to nature in fact it pains me to see forest cut down and animals loosing the land they once roamed freely over. It brings sadness to me to see be companies getting bigger and more smoke filling our airs. I was raised under bap. and pres. religions though my granny was cath. and half indian. I believe I got close to nature threw her with the little time we had together she would always say things like I'm going to skin you alive when she was angre and do things like walk us around her flower beds naming all the flowers and telling us about their smells and what they can be used for and where they're them. I was the one who asked to many questions at bible school...............

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Hi Purity , and welcome . :) Thank you for sharing with us . Your granny sounds like quite the lady .

{ BTW , don't tell anyone , but I'm not really Pagan neither .... ;) }