• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do the trees whisper?

Master Vigil

I know, wierd question. However, I think its a great question for pagans. When we are doing whatever it is that we are doing? Do we ever stop to listen to the wind? Or pay attention to the world around us? And the sacredness of the world? Or do we just care about ourselves?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Master Vigil said:
I know, wierd question. However, I think its a great question for pagans. When we are doing whatever it is that we are doing? Do we ever stop to listen to the wind? Or pay attention to the world around us? And the sacredness of the world? Or do we just care about ourselves?
I love trees; I always have been fascinated by them; I feel they have a 'spirit' of their own; I hug them (When no one is there to see the hugging), and actually, I feel guilty about not being brave enough not to care what others think. There is so much vitality in trees; I always see them as being 'magestic'. And , yes, they whisper - some time they are quite clear!!..........:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Master Vigil said:
Are we too caught up in our business to listen?
I'm not; I'm 'lucky?' I am only 56, but will never work again; I can spend as much time as I want with my trees; I can even not tell my wife - who would call 'a little white van - I can just take Jessie out for more walks!!!!:jiggy:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Sorry M.V; meant to add - but when I was working, bringing up the kids, yes, I suppose I was too busy then, come to think of it.:)

Unedited

Master Vigil said:
Are we too caught up in our business to listen?
Most people? I believe so. Me? No. I'm too lazy to be caught up in anything. :)

I’ve never been good at meditation, so instead I try to ‘listen.’ I’ll go sit in the middle of a bunch of wheat fields, or outside the downtown bank. It doesn’t matter where. I think more than just trees ‘whisper.’ I just soak things in and let my thoughts wander where they please. I don’t expect to hear anything, but I do feel it important to pay attention to things around me.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Sometimes we are MV . And some have never taken the time to learn to hear , and not only hear the trees I might add . :(

Master Vigil

I know more than just trees whisper. :D It was just a way to get my question across.

Do you think that our business is more important?

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Mmmm ? That is a tough one MV . :) A balance ? Yes . But who's balance ?

I think that we each find our own , to some degree .

Unedited

Master Vigil said:
I know more than just trees whisper. :D It was just a way to get my question across.
I get that. I was trying to emphasize that I think more than just ‘nature’ does, an opinion none of my friends share.

I think it’s more important for some people than others to take the time to listen. I was going to say, 'I wouldn't lose my job over it,' but then I remembered I did once. :)

Unedited

Sorry if I'm not making sense. I think balance is something everyone searches for in everything. It's hard to find an exact balance, but fairly easy to get somewhere in the ballpark. I guess I just do what feels right.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Now why do I get the feeling that I'm being lead here ??? :)

Right off my head MV , I would say yes , that is what most do . Spend their lifes finding that balance . But once found , the journey is only begining I think .

How this all comes back to trees , I'm not sure . Perhaps we have to find a balance within ourselves before we can find it within others ?