• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do the Republican-Fascits rule comcast?

Alceste

Vagabond
Actually, I find his talking points to be quite engaging.

As they would be, to anyone who also found Bush's talking points engaging, since they are essentially the exact same points.

To the rest of us though, who recognised from the start that Bush is nothing more than the charismatic, dimwitted spokesman for an evil group of fascists from the oil and aerospace industries, and have had no trouble identifying the fact that all his talking points are empty propaganda, and have grown bored with the neo-cons' standard repertoire of deceptions, McCain is about as engaging as a fencepost. (Less, now that I really think about it...)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
That's what merits your vote? Looks and charisma?
We're discussing media coverage, are we not? Not votes. Most likely, Obama gets better ratings (or somebody influential thinks he does) for whatever reason. American media follows the money, we all know that.

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
Alceste didn't say it was why he would vote for Obama over McCain. He said it was a contributing factor to his popularity.

Please read more carefully.
I am reading. I was addressing the problem with too many voters. The qualities they rally around: looks, personality, pizzazz, youth, smooth baritone voice. The media plays into this.

We too easily neglect to look at the candidate's record, experience, judgement, etc. That may be too boring.

If this is off-topic. Feel free to ignore.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I am reading. I was addressing the problem with too many voters. The qualities they rally around: looks, personality, pizzazz, youth, smooth baritone voice. The media plays into this.
Which was the point of the post by Alceste. The media likes those qualities, as they present well (especially during rhetorical sound bites).

We too easily neglect to look at the candidate's record, experience, judgement, etc. That may be too boring.
It certainly was for Lord Bush - and that apathy is what allowed him to get voted in for a second term.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Hatriots rely on this. They spread their filthy lies about Kerry as Shrub et al did NOTHING. We now see Barack's citizenship being questioned by the same Hatriots who feel that they should hold onto power in the White House AT ANY COST.

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Dang guys, that's like applying for a job without giving prior work experience or references and then complaining cause ya didn't get the job.

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Well in a system where you only have two choices, you have to weigh one candidate's inexperience to the other's long experience of supporting totally retarded policies.

And this is why we are still trapped in a two party system. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil. My vote won't go to either one of these turds. :cigar:

Alceste

Vagabond
And this is why we are still trapped in a two party system. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil. My vote won't go to either one of these turds. :cigar:

Just out of curiosity, do you intend to vote for one of the fringe parties, vote independent, or not to vote at all?

If I lived in the US I'd be all for Nader. He so rocks.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Well in a system where you only have two choices, you have to weigh one candidate's inexperience to the other's long experience of supporting totally retarded policies.
Frubals on your head! :D SP Bwahahahahaha!

Last edited: