• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do the Jews, Christians and Muslims worship the same God....?

Flankerl

Your quote was that Jews "do not accept any Prophets born outside their own people." But Jews accept that Bil'am was a prophet born outside of Judaism. No one said he was a god.

Some people like to shift goal posts.

That is okay with me. As long as we agree that before Judaism, there were 12 patrilineal tribes of Israel and Membership to these tribes was patrilineal. Also, after the religion was created, the priesthood remained with patrilineal descendants of Levi. Also, the post of king was restricted to a patrilineal descendant from the tribe of Judah, specifically Solomon etc

I love it when non-Jews try to explain basic Jewish things to Jews.

It's almost as if there are different rules for different categories. Crazy stuff. I thought the OLD TESTAMENT was just God being an ******* until he sent himself down to earth as his son to die for our sins.

Thanks!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Different religions have different traditions but scholars of all three, really any moderately educated persons, universally agree including the Catholic Church and Judaism, which all Muslims know.

You don't get to decide based on erroneous notions that three religions who are in agreement that they have the same God actually don't.

It is wishful thinking on your part and I can only guess your motives but you are factually incorrect.

They have the same God in Arabic Christianity, Allah, as in Islam, also Allah.

Which is the same God as the Biblical El, AL(the)Ilah(deity/God)=the God.

El is the Hebrew form of Ilah, both Semitic languages and your argument is total nonsense.

Probably you don't WANT it to be true but a five minute Google search will easily prove you wrong. Unless you go to a website that is not religously tolerant but they will be lying if they say otherwise.

Does Abraham have the same God as Moses and Jesus PBUT?

Absolutely. And since Islam is the third of the ABRAHAMIC religions you obviously are no scholar or anything close.

You have your opinion, but the facts disprove your opinion.

It is common sense.

Catholics believe jesus christ is god in the Eucharist.

Jews and Muslims believe god is an entity.

Catholics believe to know jesus christ (the creator/god) you must take the sacraments of christ. There are things you must do that are embedded in the definition of the creator that makes one believe jesus is god and the body of christ.

Jews say they are the chosen people of the creator (not christians and not muslims). The traditions are embedded in the definition of god.

Muslims believe in god only. Their practices and traditions are embedded in the definition of god.

Unless you are saying these religious traditions do not define the creator of the Jews, Muslims, and Jesus christ, they do not worship the same god.

That's like saying I have the same mother my friend has all because they are both mothers, have love, and so forth. The very fact that my mother relates to me in X way and her mother relates to her in Y way, and how they give rules for us to love our mother, we understand we believe in totally different mothers.

Unless you're saying Jews and Muslims worship jesus, they do not worship the same god.

SethZaddik

Some people like to shift goal posts.

I love it when non-Jews try to explain basic Jewish things to Jews.

It's almost as if there are different rules for different categories. Crazy stuff. I thought the OLD TESTAMENT was just God being an ******* until he sent himself down to earth as his son to die for our sins.

Thanks!

I am pretty certain that Judaism accepts four goyim Prophets, Iyov, Bilaam, I forget the other two.

Weird though since Bilaam was the stumbling block for Israel, but he spoke God's Word and that is a Prophet.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Do you think it effects God that three religions that worship Him, and really more than that as Parsees have one God believed to be the same God from a much older religion, in slightly different ways?

Obviously not because there are multiple religions worshipping the same God and agreeing that they do, besides the biggoted who can't grasp the simplest notion, that Abraham had One God and three traditions sprang from his God.

I didn't know you had God's phone number to ask him if he would be OK with three religions honoring him in slightly different ways.

Can I get those digits, I got some questions of my own?

Humor aside your assuming even all Christians and all Jews believe the exact same thing, but they absolutely don't. Some Jews only use Tanakh others use it and Talmud and others use Zohar too.

All Jews have the same God, different traditions and rules.

Same with Islam, which makes your theory bunk.

BTW, my Creator tells me all religions have the right to Heaven be they Righteous, and doesn't tell me He is the God of Abraham PBUH and Moses PBUH and Jesus PBUH Mohammed PBUH without it being true.

God doesn't lie.

It's common sense. It's not based on religious bias. You cannot see outside of your own religion because it defines your reality. Do no be sarcastic.

Since I don't have that "advantage" when I read the Bible, Quran, and Torah, I see three different definitions of three different creators. You can believe everyone has one creator if you like. That's your thing.

Unless you are a universalist, if a creator is defined by what he tells his followers to do, his attributes, and such, and each book describes him differently, why in the world would you think Jews worship Jesus and Muslims believe the Bible is equal to the Quran?

SethZaddik

It is common sense.

Catholics believe jesus christ is god in the Eucharist.

Jews and Muslims believe god is an entity.

Catholics believe to know jesus christ (the creator/god) you must take the sacraments of christ. There are things you must do that are embedded in the definition of the creator that makes one believe jesus is god and the body of christ.

Jews say they are the chosen people of the creator (not christians and not muslims). The traditions are embedded in the definition of god.

Muslims believe in god only. Their practices and traditions are embedded in the definition of god.

Unless you are saying these religious traditions do not define the creator of the Jews, Muslims, and Jesus christ, they do not worship the same god.

That's like saying I have the same mother my friend has all because they are both mothers, have love, and so forth. The very fact that my mother relates to me in X way and her mother relates to her in Y way, and how they give rules for us to love our mother, we understand we believe in totally different mothers.

Unless you're saying Jews and Muslims worship jesus, they do not worship the same god.

Christians BELIEVE Jesus PBUH IS God.

Whether they are right or wrong makes no difference because Jews and Muslims worship the God OF Jesus.

Christianity ALSO believes God is God, they have slightly different beliefs and the same exact God.

The God Jesus PBUH called his God.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Different religions have different traditions but scholars of all three, really any moderately educated persons, universally agree including the Catholic Church and Judaism, which all Muslims know.

You don't get to decide based on erroneous notions that three religions who are in agreement that they have the same God actually don't.

It is wishful thinking on your part and I can only guess your motives but you are factually incorrect.

They have the same God in Arabic Christianity, Allah, as in Islam, also Allah.

Which is the same God as the Biblical El, AL(the)Ilah(deity/God)=the God.

El is the Hebrew form of Ilah, both Semitic languages and your argument is total nonsense.

Probably you don't WANT it to be true but a five minute Google search will easily prove you wrong. Unless you go to a website that is not religously tolerant but they will be lying if they say otherwise.

Does Abraham have the same God as Moses and Jesus PBUT?

Absolutely. And since Islam is the third of the ABRAHAMIC religions you obviously are no scholar or anything close.

You have your opinion, but the facts disprove your opinion.
Don't forget about Baha'i.

Flankerl

I am pretty certain that Judaism accepts four goyim Prophets, Iyov, Bilaam, I forget the other two.

Bava Batra 15b:2

The Gemara raises an objection from another baraita against the notion that Job was a Jew: Seven prophets prophesied to the nations of the world, and they are: Balaam and his father Beor, and Job, Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite, and Elihu ben Barachel the Buzite, which indicates that Job was not Jewish. He said to him: And according to your reasoning that Job could not have been Jewish because he prophesied to the nations of the world, was Elihu ben Barachel not a Jew? Is it not written: “Of the family of Ram” (Job 32:2), meaning Abraham?

SethZaddik

It's common sense. It's not based on religious bias. You cannot see outside of your own religion because it defines your reality. Do no be sarcastic.

Since I don't have that "advantage" when I read the Bible, Quran, and Torah, I see three different definitions of three different creators. You can believe everyone has one creator if you like. That's your thing.

Unless you are a universalist, if a creator is defined by what he tells his followers to do, his attributes, and such, and each book describes him differently, why in the world would you think Jews worship Jesus and Muslims believe the Bible is equal to the Quran?

Whether they are right or wrong makes no difference because Jews and Muslims worship the God OF Jesus.

Christianity ALSO believes God is God, they have slightly different beliefs and the same exact God.

So because I don't deny facts it makes me biased?

I don't think you know much about common sense. You are not using it and you obviously.

The God of the Bible is the same God as the God of the Qur'an, a fact of life that only the unlearned deny.

Common sense should tell you that if the Qur'an discusses Biblical events, which it does, and mentions the same Prophets PBUT, that it is the same God.

I also never said anyone accept Christianity worships Jesus PBUH.

But I did say they worship his God, our God and the Jews God too.

If you don't like sarcasm don't run around denying facts because you prefer they are not true and it wasn't sarcasm even.

Just the truth.

Tumah

Veteran Member
That's like saying you are the choice of shirt you chose to wear today.

No its not. Its like saying your mother and your aunt told you and your cousin a story about your grandmother. Only your mother said the story one way and your cousin said the story another way. One of the ways happens to be the actual story and the other is remembering incorrectly. Does that mean they're not both discussing the same grandmother?

SethZaddik

Bava Batra 15b:2

The Gemara raises an objection from another baraita against the notion that Job was a Jew: Seven prophets prophesied to the nations of the world, and they are: Balaam and his father Beor, and Job, Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite, and Elihu ben Barachel the Buzite, which indicates that Job was not Jewish. He said to him: And according to your reasoning that Job could not have been Jewish because he prophesied to the nations of the world, was Elihu ben Barachel not a Jew? Is it not written: “Of the family of Ram” (Job 32:2), meaning Abraham?

I think Job was Chaldean, no?

Tumah

Veteran Member
There's an argument whether Job was Jewish or not. But Balaam was definitely a non-Jewish prophet as was his father.

Weird though since Bilaam was the stumbling block for Israel, but he spoke God's Word and that is a Prophet.
What's one got to do with the other. Numbers 22 clearly establishes that G-d spoke to Balaam and he passed on the what he heard. That's what a prophet is.

SethZaddik

There's an argument whether Job was Jewish or not. But Balaam was definitely a non-Jewish prophet as was his father.

What's one got to do with the other. Numbers 22 clearly establishes that G-d spoke to Balaam and he passed on the what he heard. That's what a prophet is.

I said he was a Prophet but it is weird because he was an enemy in the end, which is only weird to me because Daniel is not considered a Prophet in Judaism.

Otherwise it doesn't have anything to do with it and that is why I said if you speak God's Word you are a Prophet.

That was a side comment really not pertinent to the fact, a mere curiosity.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Sheesh guys. I'll try to make it simple.
Do you think it effects God that three religions that worship Him, and really more than that as Parsees have one God believed to be the same God from a much older religion, in slightly different ways?

I have no bias over which god is what. I also see outside of god-religious perspectives because I am not Jew, Christian, nor Muslim. So, what I say will sound wrong unless you try to understand what I say rather than prove me wrong.

That's like saying you believe in the Hindu creator because he is a creator.

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are totally different religions. I don't see univeralist in any of these religions and especially in their practices and interpretations of god.

Obviously not because there are multiple religions worshipping the same God and agreeing that they do, besides the biggoted who can't grasp the simplest notion, that Abraham had One God and three traditions sprang from his God.

That depends. You believe there is only one creator. So, it does not make sense to you that there are more than one can be worshiped. If you looked at it from a true/false perspective, unless you are saying Muslims are the same as Christians, one got to be right (according to one side) and the other wrong. I know Muslims believe Jesus is a prophet. Christians believe jesus is god. How can you reconcile the Muslim god and the Christian god when one is a being and the other is human.

I didn't know you had God's phone number to ask him if he would be OK with three religions honoring him in slightly different ways.

No sarcasm.

That's the fact. Each god-religion worships their god in the way their religion dictates them to worship him. If not, Muslims can take the Eucharist and Jews can pray at a Mosque.

Humor aside your assuming even all Christians and all Jews believe the exact same thing, but they absolutely don't. Some Jews only use Tanakh others use it and Talmud and others use Zohar too.

Where have I said that?

I said they do not and that is why they don't believe in the same god.

Please read my posts.

All Jews have the same God, different traditions and rules.

The traditions and rules define the gods they believe in. The Eucharist is jesus christ. Do Muslims believe this? Do Jews? Jesus christ, to mainstream christianity, is god. Do Jews believe this? Christians believe jesus is the Messiah. Do Jews believe this?

These things define the creator and their differences define the creators they believe in.

Same with Islam, which makes your theory bunk.

Huh?

BTW, my Creator tells me all religions have the right to Heaven be they Righteous, and doesn't tell me He is the God of Abraham PBUH and Moses PBUH and Jesus PBUH Mohammed PBUH without it being true.

That's your belief. Look outside your point of view into others.

God doesn't lie.

That is your belief. Look at it from my point of view.

I never said they did not. Point where?

If you like. Unfortunately, I can't speak for Jews and Muslims. Only say they have different traditions, practices, and if they were one, the creator would be contradicting himself.

No slightly. Walk into a christian church. Anyone. I walked into a Mosque and we have Muslims pray here at my school. No Christian (and scripture) does not support what you guys do. It must work boths ways. Ask a christian if they believe the bible tells them to do what the creator told Muslims to do. See what they say.

You believe in one creator. Of course, you can't see that people worship different creators. I can't expect you to see that just don't be saracstic or rude.

That's like saying you are the choice of shirt you chose to wear today.

Yep. When I practiced Catholicism, we were part of the sacraments of christ. The traditions are not separate from their beliefs. As a Jew, I am surprised that you would see your traditions separate from your beliefs. But that's just me. I value tradition. Not many do.

No its not. Its like saying your mother and your aunt told you and your cousin a story about your grandmother. Only your mother said the story one way and your cousin said the story another way. One of the ways happens to be the actual story and the other is remembering incorrectly. Does that mean they're not both discussing the same grandmother?

If you like.

It's more, my aunt told my sister the story of my grandmother on my father's side and my cousin told me the story of my grandmother on my mother's side. While they are both grandmothers (hence why yall think they are the same) they are not. Regardless if we are part of the same family (children of abraham), the fact that your traditions define your creator makes you guys completely separate.

I can't expect you to see that since this is coming from outside in. Even when I was Catholic, I knew the Muslim god wasn't the Christian god. If that be the case, the Church would let Muslims take the Eucharist. They don't even let non-catholics take the Eucharist!

Christians believe in a different god than Muslims and Jews.

I cannot speak for Muslims and Jews only that they have different traditions and to me traditions define ones belief.

Tumah

Veteran Member
I said he was a Prophet but it is weird because he was an enemy in the end, which is only weird to me because Daniel is not considered a Prophet in Judaism.

Otherwise it doesn't have anything to do with it and that is why I said if you speak God's Word you are a Prophet.

That was a side comment really not pertinent to the fact, a mere curiosity.
Daniel is a prophet, I mean he experienced prophecy. He just wasn't sent with a prophecy to anyone, it was his own personal thing. So his book isn't one of the books of the Prophets.

SethZaddik

Daniel is a prophet, I mean he experienced prophecy. He just wasn't sent with a prophecy to anyone, it was his own personal thing. So his book isn't one of the books of the Prophets.

I know, I am familiar with the various arguments and the main is that he is never addressed as a Prophet and there is another reason but I don't remember. I think it is political due to having been written after Prophecy had allegedly ceased or because the book is so related to Apocalypse and had to be reinterpreted to combine the Medes and Persians to make it about Rome, although Judaism might reject that interpretation.

What is funny is that the qualifications they set against Daniel's status apply to books in the Prophets section but Daniel is rendered Hagiographa or writings, which meant at the time scripture, now scripture means the whole Bible but once it meant just writings.

Daniel is definitely utilized by the Zohar as a prophetic device, maybe even had the most influence on Jewish mysticism as a whole with Ezekiel and Isaiah, Song of Solomon is popular for its eroticism and of course the Torah and most other books.

But Daniel is, I would say the most Kabbalistic book in the Tanakh. Ancient of Days or Atick Yomin is a popular theme with a whole book describing Him.

I would say he is a Prophetic Oracle, if that means anything, otherwise I say he is an Apocalyptic Prophet outright which is what they mean, they say it is for the future only, something like that. But it also applied to Antiochus Epiphanies too so I don't know what to think regarding their decision to exclude him, I don't buy it.

SethZaddik

That is the other reason I had forgotten, he wasn't sent. That is good because it would have gnawed at me. Thanks.

SethZaddik

I have no bias over which god is what. I also see outside of god-religious perspectives because I am not Jew, Christian, nor Muslim. So, what I say will sound wrong unless you try to understand what I say rather than prove me wrong.

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are totally different religions. I don't see univeralist in any of these religions and especially in their practices and interpretations of god.

That depends. You believe there is only one creator. So, it does not make sense to you that there are more than one can be worshiped. If you looked at it from a true/false perspective, unless you are saying Muslims are the same as Christians, one got to be right (according to one side) and the other wrong. I know Muslims believe Jesus is a prophet. Christians believe jesus is god. How can you reconcile the Muslim god and the Christian god when one is a being and the other is human.

No sarcasm.

That's the fact. Each god-religion worships their god in the way their religion dictates them to worship him. If not, Muslims can take the Eucharist and Jews can pray at a Mosque.

Where have I said that?

Please read my posts.

The traditions and rules define the gods they believe in. The Eucharist is jesus christ. Do Muslims believe this? Do Jews? Jesus christ, to mainstream christianity, is god. Do Jews believe this? Christians believe jesus is the Messiah. Do Jews believe this?

These things define the creator and their differences define the creators they believe in.

Huh?

If you like. Unfortunately, I can't speak for Jews and Muslims. Only say they have different traditions, practices, and if they were one, the creator would be contradicting himself.

No slightly. Walk into a christian church. Anyone. I walked into a Mosque and we have Muslims pray here at my school. No Christian (and scripture) does not support what you guys do. It must work boths ways. Ask a christian if they believe the bible tells them to do what the creator told Muslims to do. See what they say.

You believe in one creator. Of course, you can't see that people worship different creators. I can't expect you to see that just don't be saracstic or rude.

Yep. When I practiced Catholicism, we were part of the sacraments of christ. The traditions are not separate from their beliefs. As a Jew, I am surprised that you would see your traditions separate from your beliefs. But that's just me. I value tradition. Not many do.

If you like.

It's more, my aunt told my sister the story of my grandmother on my father's side and my cousin told me the story of my grandmother on my mother's side. While they are both grandmothers (hence why yall think they are the same) they are not. Regardless if we are part of the same family (children of abraham), the fact that your traditions define your creator makes you guys completely separate.

I can't expect you to see that since this is coming from outside in. Even when I was Catholic, I knew the Muslim god wasn't the Christian god. If that be the case, the Church would let Muslims take the Eucharist. They don't even let non-catholics take the Eucharist!

I cannot speak for Muslims and Jews only that they have different traditions and to me traditions define ones belief.

You can't know something that is factually untrue, that is called a delusion or worse, intolerance. It is like saying that you know the sky is green and the world will end tonight.

If Christians agree with Jews and they both agree altogether with Muslims as a recognized established fact according to all reputable theologians and scholars, secular and otherwise including the Catholic Church.

I am not concerned with what you delude yourself into believing at all. The Pope and everyone I know from my family to my friends also knows, my Jewish Dr. and my Christian counselor, my whole city and the Unitarian Church I visit because it hung a sign supporting Muslims on the front of the Church, huge, and my whole city of tolerant people despite our myriad other flaws don't disagree on this, the world doesn't, Islam doesn't agree with you and only extremists think they can tell another religion what God it worships, and sometimes they don't even do that.

So you can take a leap. Don't nobody give a damn about what you want to be true, the world disagrees.

Last edited:

SethZaddik

No sarcasm.

Where have I said that?

Please read my posts.

Huh?

If you like.

Well when you were Catholic unless it was prior to Vatican ll you were in opposition to official Catholic teachings that acknowledge Muslims as good people who worship the SAME GOD, that Hindus could practice polytheism and go to Heaven even though they believe in different Gods.

You "knew" something because you were Catholic as a Catholic that the God of Abraham was not YOUR God by denying what the Church has taught for longer than that even, making it official that Heaven was open to all religions and that all three Abrahamic religions have the same God is official per Vatican ll.

For the record we have believed that all People of the Book can go to Heaven since the Qur'an, always acknowledged the Prophets PBUT and that Jews, Christians, Sabaeans and Magians, basically the religions of the day, were subject to the same Judgement based on whether you were Righteous or not and always in God's hands.

That is, the God of the Prophets, God of Abraham, Isaac and Ishmael, Jacob, Moses and Jesus and last Mohammed PBUT.

The biggest difference between Islam and Christianity is that we believe God is one God, not three, that Jesus PBUH was the Messiah but not God in the flesh.

And to be honest the Bible doesn't apply equality to Jesus PBUH and God, God knows the times that things will happen and Jesus does not.

Jesus denied being God when he said, in a rebuke, "Only God is good" as he was both saying that he was not good and he was not God, he was even upset at being called good, imagine if he was called God!!!

He honestly never once says he is more than Son of God, denies any Power without the Father, and is at most a prexistent Divine being in the flesh, according to Jesus PBUH himself.

In the Gospels.

He prays to God, God does not reciprocate or derive any Power from Jesus and created Jesus PBUH.

And a Creator is greater than a creation, always.

Last edited:

SethZaddik

No sarcasm.

Where have I said that?

Please read my posts.

Huh?

If you like.

God is called YHWH or Elohim in the Bible in addition to myriad variants all buried under translation and none actually mean Lord in a literal translation, that is a copy of the Masoretic Adonai sometimes combined with YHVH, the vowels, and rendered Jahovah or Jehovah, same thing, e is a also in Hebrew.

So it is always humans called lord in the Tanakh and not God, Baal is the Hebrew word for lord and the name of the pagan god most hated in the Bible and under different names.

Adon also means lord, Adonai means Hashem Elohim or YHVH whenever written it is not read and substituted with Adonai or Hashem.

So Jesus being lord is not the same thing as being God, it's linguistic deception.

Likewise the Word is a God is a mistranslation of "is A god."

God the Father is, and in John 1:1,...

TONtheos

The Word/Logos is....

theos, or literally either "divine" or "A god."

As in NOT God, if anything a god, rendering the religion polytheistic so I would go with Divine.

There is no Biblical foundation for the equality with God of Jesus PBUH.

I and my Father are one is not literal, it is a parable statement, they have the same will and he does everything God wants, but God is wanting and Jesus PBUH is obeying, subservient and that is normal for a Prophet PBUH, not a and definitely not THE, God.