• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do the gods have much influence in the physical realm?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We are kinfolk with the other-than-human persons in our world, and as such, we are to have proper respectful relationships .. even if we fail to always be respectful in our relationships, it doesn't mean that our kin will be as faithless to our relations as we sometimes (maybe oftentimes) are.
'Advaita' Hinduism (non-duality, monism) takes a step further (I follow that view). We are not just kins, we are constituted by the same stuff that they are constituted with, be it animals or vegetation. We are one.
"Sarvam Khalvidam Brahma" (All things here are Brahman). Mandukya Upanishad

Last edited:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I completely agree with you and I guess I was reacting to some of the new psychologist use of spirit animals in techniques in there field. I see all living things as my relatives and do my best to remain respectful to all life. It is nice to know others have this respect also.
Yeah, some of the new-agey everything's rainbows and sparkly unicorns stuff is welll...uh...maybe I won't go there.:D

LilyPhoenix

i love rainbows and sparkly unicorns , there nothing wrong with that view i think am even wearing a unicorn oddie
i think that Gods do have time in the physical realm there are many from all over other faiths such as Jesus , Mohammed , buddha krishna, Mosses etc why would the makes the physical realm if they can not be apart of it there be no way to bring life to things we pray for things weather it pray spell etc we ask for the Gods to help us if we believed anything else why would we ask for it