• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do societies sometimes "quarentine" the healthy.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Also, let's take another look at this:

Not seeing what kind of sense this is supposed to make. You're saying you don't trust the numbers that the government Health organizations are giving us, and this somehow excuses you from having to take any precautions.

Unless you think the whole thing was completely manufactured by the government, then your line of reasoning here makes absolutely no sense at all.

And yet you keep harping on the fact that people aren't being allowed to go back to work while at the same time doing everything you can to drag this thing out as long as possible. That's the contradiction I was talking about, and I'm sorry but your explanation does absolutely nothing to resolve any of it.

I'll say it again: if you're as concerned about people getting back to work as you claim to be why aren't you doing whatever you can to make that happen as quickly as possible? That is: why aren't you practicing social distancing? Why aren't you wearing a mask?

If you still don't see the contradiction it's because you flat-out refuse to look at it.
I recall listening to my folks talk about life during WWII and how everyone had to ration and pull together. Today we see a bunch of doomsday prepers that couldn't even hold out a month before they were in the Michigan state capital with guns and a bunch of whiners that don't want to follow any precautions that would sever the spread of this virus. Talk about ridiculous.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I recall listening to my folks talk about life during WWII and how everyone had to ration and pull together. Today we see a bunch of doomsday prepers that couldn't even hold out a month before they were in the Michigan state capital with guns and a bunch of whiners that don't want to follow any precautions that would sever the spread of this virus. Talk about ridiculous.

aR0xMxG_460s.jpg

Good-Ole-Rebel

]

Again: present where?

To date there are no known cases of anyone catching covid-19 from an animal so no, quaranting them probably wouldn't be necessary. Which is probably why no one has brought that up yet except you.

Yup.

That your expert opinion? So instead of speaking in hints and riddles how about coming right out with what you mean here Are you saying that since we can't come up with 100% foolproof solution to the problem we shouldn't do anything at all? Because it sure sounds like that's what you're saying.

Nope, that's why no one is calling it that except you.

It's not a matter of degrees it's a matter of definition: it's not a quarantine. We're seeing lockdowns, we're seeing restrictions, we're not seeing anybody being completely and utterly isolated frm the general population, are we?

Show me where I said that or anything that could be reasonably interpreted to mean that.

How about you stop trying to cloud the issue with theatrics?

Don't worry it's only seems to have shown up in your own head so far so I think we're safe.

It is believed that Corona19 began in Whuhan animal market.

You are not going to get rid of Corona virus. It doesn't matter if you test and lockdown the whole world. It is going to be out there in humans and some animals. So, what now.?

It is my opinion based on what I have listened to and read.

OK. The lockdown we are under is not a quarantine. But, you are 'locking down the healthy'. It is the cause of the economic destruction the economies of the world are experiencing. It is the cause of destroying many people's lives. Such a response is foolish in my opinion.

And, as the physicians I mentioned at the beginning said, this can have an affect on people's immune systems. Trying to live in this bubble of cleanliness doesn't allow the immune system to develop which will make people more susceptible to other diseases. Perhaps this is the cause of the 'mystery illness found in children'.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

Also, let's take another look at this:

Not seeing what kind of sense this is supposed to make. You're saying you don't trust the numbers that the government Health organizations are giving us, and this somehow excuses you from having to take any precautions.

Unless you think the whole thing was completely manufactured by the government, then your line of reasoning here makes absolutely no sense at all.

And yet you keep harping on the fact that people aren't being allowed to go back to work while at the same time doing everything you can to drag this thing out as long as possible. That's the contradiction I was talking about, and I'm sorry but your explanation does absolutely nothing to resolve any of it.

I'll say it again: if you're as concerned about people getting back to work as you claim to be why aren't you doing whatever you can to make that happen as quickly as possible? That is: why aren't you practicing social distancing? Why aren't you wearing a mask?

If you still don't see the contradiction it's because you flat-out refuse to look at it.

Yes, I believe the numbers are inflated. The doctors in the video I mentioned stated that pressure was put on hospitals to include Corona19 virus as a possible cause of deaths. The person may not have died from the virus, but they become part of the numbers because they may have tested positive.

First of all, I am not required to wear a mask. We are asked to wear a mask and observe social distancing. Just like when a flu epidemic occurs, I don't go around wearing a mask.

Second of all, perhaps the whole thing was from the government of China. Have you noticed that the Chinese government is going about and arresting now, while under these 'lockdowns', those who participated in the Hong Kong protests? If government didn't originate it, they know how to use it. Don't think all governments will not seek it to their advantage.

It is not a contradiction with me, as I said. People should not be in 'lockdown'. They should be allowed to work. Locking down the healthy is not an answer. Destroying people's lives is not the answer. When the cure is worse than the disease, that is not the answer.

Good-Ole-Rebel

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
You are not going to get rid of Corona virus. It doesn't matter if you test and lockdown the whole world. It is going to be out there in humans and some animals. So, what now.?
The stay at home orders are not to get rid of Covid19.
They are to let the overwhelmed medical system get caught back up.

95759511_10219213243833380_5497892270155759616_n.jpg

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
It is believed that Corona19 began in Whuhan animal market.

It is my opinion based on what I have listened to and read.

OK. The lockdown we are under is not a quarantine. But, you are 'locking down the healthy'. It is the cause of the economic destruction the economies of the world are experiencing. It is the cause of destroying many people's lives. Such a response is foolish in my opinion.

And, as the physicians I mentioned at the beginning said, this can have an affect on people's immune systems. Trying to live in this bubble of cleanliness doesn't allow the immune system to develop which will make people more susceptible to other diseases. Perhaps this is the cause of the 'mystery illness found in children'.

Good-Ole-Rebel
People are not sheltering in sterile, clean rooms under BSL-4 conditions. They are distancing themselves from a specific agent that is spread from person to person.

Your notions are very unrealistic.