• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do societies sometimes "quarentine" the healthy.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, I want you to answer the question. You made the remark. You entered into a post not directed to you when you made the remark. So, yes. Answer the question. Are you calling me a troll?

Good-Ole-Rebel
I have not called you that myself, but it comes to mind every time I see you post. Especially when it is clear your feelings are hurt and you start to lash out. Have you always had these feelings of being powerless? Would you like to talk about them? Maybe it would help.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I can make a point while calling people son. It does not stop me at all. It only exposes those that care about tone more than substance so they whine about tone.

You are conflating acceptance of a point with making a point as in creating. Again if people care about tone over substance I will just laugh like I normally do.
The reason that you call people son is to demean them. There is no need for it if your argument is sound.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I can make a point while calling people son. It does not stop me at all. It only exposes those that care about tone more than substance so they whine about tone.

You are conflating acceptance of a point with making a point as in creating. Again if people care about tone over substance I will just laugh like I normally do.
My interpretation is that you use it to lash out when your feelings have been hurt.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Yes, I want you to answer the question. You made the remark. You entered into a post not directed to you when you made the remark. So, yes. Answer the question. Are you calling me a troll?

Good-Ole-Rebel
I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

You are free to make up whatever it takes to sooth your feeling over the matter.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Post #(90) was addressed to you. You haven't answered. And neither has anyone else.

Recover? From what?

Why don't you answer the questions? Scared?

Good-Ole-Rebel
I thought you were trying to get Covid-19. You mentioned you could get it anytime.

Yes. I am scared of you. I am frightened of people that I have never met, likely never will, that have incredibly closed minds and suggest that we all be selfish.

It must be true cause you done posted in this here ole internet.

Any other disparaging comments you would like to make about me in lieu of valid points?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
No, you haven't answered. You have avoided answering. Scared?

Good-Ole-Rebel
I have answered the question. Even though it is not relevant to whether societies quarantine the sick or necessary for me to do so.

Why do you keep asking if I am scared? Are you trying to threaten and intimidate me in some way?

Good-Ole-Rebel

I have not called you that myself, but it comes to mind every time I see you post. Especially when it is clear your feelings are hurt and you start to lash out. Have you always had these feelings of being powerless? Would you like to talk about them? Maybe it would help.

Maybe you should answer the questions addressed to you instead of coming into a post not addressed to you. When you overcome your fears, let me know.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
When scared is the best you can do I have to call it. If you're scared say your scared.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Why would I be scared of you? I have worked in places where people have lost there minds and had a history of physical violence due to their illness. I was not afraid under those circumstances. Why would I be scared of some anonymous person posturing on a forum in order to make themselves feel better by lashing out at others?

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe you should answer the questions addressed to you instead of coming into a post not addressed to you. When you overcome your fears, let me know.

Good-Ole-Rebel
I have answered the question. It is an open forum and I am free to address any post I choose to or not.

I have no idea why you would think I would be afraid of you. You have offered me nothing to be afraid of. Are you trying to offer me something for which I should be afraid? Why beat around the bush. Man up and come out with it or accept that I have answered your posts.

Good-Ole-Rebel

I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

You are free to make up whatever it takes to sooth your feeling over the matter.

It's not a matter of soothing my feelings. It's a matter of you letting your mouth write a check your butt can't cover. Perhaps you should consider that next time you want to offer your 'advice'.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

Good-Ole-Rebel
Is this how you treat people? Is this your interpretation of how a Christian behaves? I think this is what happens when you feel threatened. I think you are easily frightened and this is your way of trying to shake that fear off. I think you are trying to put your fear onto me. Would you like to talk about it. It is well-known that the first step in finding a solution to a personal problem is to admit you have one. Go on. Make that admission and we can work on getting you through this.

Good-Ole-Rebel

I thought you were trying to get Covid-19. You mentioned you could get it anytime.

Yes. I am scared of you. I am frightened of people that I have never met, likely never will, that have incredibly closed minds and suggest that we all be selfish.

It must be true cause you done posted in this here ole internet.

Any other disparaging comments you would like to make about me in lieu of valid points?

No, the questions were the subject. And you're scared to answer them.

Good-Ole-rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

I have answered the question. Even though it is not relevant to whether societies quarantine the sick or necessary for me to do so.

Why do you keep asking if I am scared? Are you trying to threaten and intimidate me in some way?

Because you haven't answered the question. Scared is the only reason I can see.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
It's not a matter of soothing my feelings. It's a matter of you letting your mouth write a check your butt can't cover. Perhaps you should consider that next time you want to offer your 'advice'.

Good-Ole-Rebel
I answered your questions. I have answered them more than once. Others have answered them.

What exactly are you talking about? I have not offered you advice. I have not made commitments that I am unwilling to complete. Nothing like that has happened here. You, on the other hand, have had your whining and selfishness explained to you numerous times and are lashing out rather than admit your failings.

If you would admit them to yourself, you would be taking the first steps to healing. If you do not want my help, then find someone here that you will accept and talk with them. Were you abused when you were younger? Often that is the case for people that lash out at others.

You seem to be spinning out of control. Is there someone you can call or talk to near you? Perhaps an emergency number.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Why would I be scared of you? I have worked in places where people have lost there minds and had a history of physical violence due to their illness. I was not afraid under those circumstances. Why would I be scared of some anonymous person posturing on a forum in order to make themselves feel better by lashing out at others?

You're not scared of me. You're scared to answer the questions.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

I have answered the question. It is an open forum and I am free to address any post I choose to or not.

I have no idea why you would think I would be afraid of you. You have offered me nothing to be afraid of. Are you trying to offer me something for which I should be afraid? Why beat around the bush. Man up and come out with it or accept that I have answered your posts.

But why go to a post not addressed to you and refuse question's in a post addressed to you. Fear is the only answer.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
No, the questions were the subject. And you're scared to answer them.

Good-Ole-rebel
I have answered them. You have already been shown not to know who you are talking to on here. You completely confused me with another poster entirely on several occasions. It is well known that confusion like that can arise in people under great stress. You seem like you are under great stress. Confusion. Lashing out at others. Fixation on some trivial point. Demands for something that has already been presented. Classic symptoms. I urge you to get help. I am praying for you.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Is this how you treat people? Is this your interpretation of how a Christian behaves? I think this is what happens when you feel threatened. I think you are easily frightened and this is your way of trying to shake that fear off. I think you are trying to put your fear onto me. Would you like to talk about it. It is well-known that the first step in finding a solution to a personal problem is to admit you have one. Go on. Make that admission and we can work on getting you through this.

I would like you to answer the quesitons.

Good-Ole-Rebel