• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Popes dress in drag?

Palehorse

I keep on drawing this tarrot card and need more info. Can anybody help, please?
3papessa.jpg

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I keep on drawing this tarrot card and need more info. Can anybody help, please?
3papessa.jpg

What type of tarot deck is this; and, how do you view tarot cards? Are they revelations from god? and/or does the interpretations come from other sources as well?

That may influence what it means and how to apply it given your identity says you're Catholic. Personally, the tarot cards aren't "against the rules." People freak out with the word. How do you see it?

Oooh. and what does the card have to do with pope in drag; unless it's an attention grabber???

Palehorse

I look at tarot cards the same I do with any cards. They are interesting. I am an artist. I wonder sometimes what a new suit would do to an ordinary deck of cards. I think cards in sense are a cousin to tarot cards.

th

People often tell me I don't play with a full deck!

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
Oh, you have a Marseilles deck. :)

Actually the Pappess in question may well be Pope Joan, or so the legend would have you believe. In the deck more familiar to most Tarot fans, the same card is called the "High Priestess". Representing secretive or hidden knowledge.. or power.

Palehorse

Oh, you have a Marseilles deck. :)

Actually the Pappess in question may well be Pope Joan, or so the legend would have you believe. In the deck more familiar to most Tarot fans, the same card is called the "High Priestess". Representing secretive or hidden knowledge.. or power.

Interesting...thankyou

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I look at tarot cards the same I do with any cards. They are interesting. I am an artist. I wonder sometimes what a new suit would do to an ordinary deck of cards. I think cards in sense are a cousin to tarot cards.

th

People often tell me I don't play with a full deck!
Tarot cards are actually far younger than regular playing cards.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I had the impression they both went back to about the mid-15th century. How does that equate to far younger?
Playing cards have been around since the time of the Egyptians. Tarot traces back to the 14th or 15th century. Tarot is far the younger party.