• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do people who do bad things in the name of religion go to Hell ?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Perhaps that's why salvation became all about belief. No one could live up to the standards. It's easier to change the tenets than change behavior.
It is not necessary to obey teh laws 100% of the time to be righteous. The idea that if you speed on the freeway it makes you a murderer is just nonsense that Paul put out. According to the Tanakh, the difference between the righteous and the wicked is that the righteous repent and the wicked do not.

Proverbs 24:16 For a righteous man falleth seven times, and riseth up again, But the wicked stumble under adversity.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
You don't get to choose where or when you are born, but over time you can change your situations and surroundings and make your life uniquely you. I kind of see the afterlife as the same thing, but only even more so. I doubt anyone is going to Hell except for theistic Satanists, and they'll actually want to be there. I think in the distant future people can make any situation or circumstance true, so whatever you want, you're going to get, as long as you have enough drive, willpower and inspiration to do it. I plan on getting a new body and a galaxy after I die. I'm looking forward to it. But I still stay around in the here and now because I might change my mind and honestly, I want to prolong the oblivion stage of my existence as long as possible, as it looks like it'll take a really long time to bring people back from nonexistence.