• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do people who do bad things in the name of religion go to Hell ?

ronki23

If they do then why do them in the first place ? Or if they do so why in the name of religion?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Do you think a person doing something evil in the name of religion thinks he is doing something evil? And what do you think hell is anyway? I think people have a misconception about hell.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Do you think a person doing something evil in the name of religion thinks he is doing something evil?
Look at all the Catholics and Lutherans who committed the Holocaust. Good Christians doing evil.
And what do you think hell is anyway? I think people have a misconception about hell.
It's an absurd idea, and those who think it is real are never the ones going there.

If they do then why do them in the first place ? Or if they do so why in the name of religion?
Bible tells eternal life is for righteous and death for unrighteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

If person does bad things in any way, he is probably not righteous and will probably not get the eternal life. And I think it is not because of the actions, but because what kind of person one is.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
My guess is that if one does “bad things” in name of religion, one probably does not think of them as “bad”?

Once one forgets the importance of never treating others as means, it’s all too easy to become quite confused about what’s “good” vs. what’s “bad”.

If Hell is the state of being in which we experience the consequences of our own contributions to general
suffering; then, I can see how the experience of “bad” things done in name of religion may be quite extensive and long, for it would contain, not only the experiences of direct victims but also the experiences of the worldly judgements passed on the religion in question.

Humbly,
Hermit

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Anyone who does bad things will have to pay for it with pain and suffering. It does not really make a difference if it is in the name of religion or name of nationalism or just plain personal selfish reasons.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No. Like all of us, religious people just eventually die and decompose with the atoms bonding and rearranging into new forms.

That's pretty much it.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Perhaps that's why salvation became all about belief. No one could live up to the standards. It's easier to change the tenets than change behavior.