• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do people understand the trinity doctrine?

Redemptionsong

Bible Student, Unitarians are clearly not risen with Christ. If they were they would acknowledge the words of Colossians 3:1-4.

'If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.'

According to your belief, Jesus Christ is not God, therefore he cannot be 'hid in God'. Christ must be a separate being, a representative with special powers.

Let's just ignore John 10:32,33. 'Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
The Jews answered him,saying, For a good work we stone you not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.'

Jesus may have called himself the Son of God (verse 36), but this meant the FATHER WAS IN HIM (verse 38). The Father is the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit, not some inanimate force or power.

It's a good thing you weren't present at this scene. You would have been clamouring to have Jesus stoned to death!

Johnlove

This is not true.All men sin.
No you are wrong. One who knows God does not sin.

Also one who knows God has been given the knowledge of the truth, and if such a person does sin there is no repentance for that person.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

No you are wrong. One who knows God does not sin.

Also one who knows God has been given the knowledge of the truth, and if such a person does sin there is no repentance for that person.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

You are misunderstanding.
Even those who walked with Christ sinned daily.Look at Peter.

Awoon

Jesus is God. Jesus isn't God.

Myths can be whatever people want to believe about them to be or not to be !!! LOL LOL

Bible Student, Unitarians are clearly not risen with Christ. If they were they would acknowledge the words of Colossians 3:1-4.

'If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.'

According to your belief, Jesus Christ is not God, therefore he cannot be 'hid in God'. Christ must be a separate being, a representative with special powers.

Let's just ignore John 10:32,33. 'Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
The Jews answered him,saying, For a good work we stone you not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.'

Jesus may have called himself the Son of God (verse 36), but this meant the FATHER WAS IN HIM (verse 38). The Father is the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit, not some inanimate force or power.

It's a good thing you weren't present at this scene. You would have been clamouring to have Jesus stoned to death!

Jesus is not God.No,I would not have been shouting to have Jesus stoned to death.You are incorrect about that.Yes,God the Almighty is a spirit,that is true.He by no means literally possesses Jesus with His own spirit.It is a spiritual union,metaphorically.Jesus does as the Father does.They are in union together.All this is possible my means of the holy spirit.AND, it is a force,a power.

• Luke 1:35
    35 In answer the angel said to her: “Holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. And for that reason the one who is born will be called holy, God’s Son.

• Acts 1:8
      8 But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you,and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem,in all Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a, and to the most distant part* of the earth.”
      • Romans 15:13
        13 May the God who gives hope fill you with all joy and peace by your trusting in him, so that you may abound in hope with power of holy spirit.

Johnlove

But it is impossible for Jesus to have returned to earth, and sit with you, according to scripture.He has a set time to return, and no man knows it.
You should know that is not true. Jesus himself told us he would show himself to those who obey his commandments.

(John 14:21) “Whoever holds to my commandments and keeps them is the one who loves me; and whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I shall love him and reveal myself to him.'”

Also Jesus told us he would call his own out and they would follow him and no one other.

(John 10:1-5) “'In all truth I tell you, anyone who does not enter the sheepfold through the gate, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a bandit. He who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the flock; the gatekeeper lets him in, the sheep hear his voice, one by one he calls his own sheep and leads them out. When he has brought out all those that are his, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow because they know his voice. They will never follow a stranger, but will run away from him because they do not recognize the voice of strangers.'”

Redemptionsong

Bible Student, I understand that the Holy Spirit has power. But the question is whether or not the Holy Spirit is the NATURE of God himself.

How do you explain this passage:
' If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.' (1 Corinthians 14:23-25)

Bible Student, by saying that the Holy Spirit is not God, you're denying the truth of this scripture.

Bible Student, I understand that the Holy Spirit has power. But the question is whether or not the Holy Spirit is the NATURE of God himself.

' If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.' (1 Corinthians 14:23-25)

Bible Student, by saying that the Holy Spirit is not God, you're denying the truth of this scripture.

Not at all.When it says "God is in you",it does not mean literally.God resides in a lofty place.In a spiritual realm independent of the physical universe.It is God's holy spirit,the "helper",that is responsible for carrying out these acts. According to the holy scriptures the heavens is a literal dwelling place of God the Almighty.He has messengers called angels that do His bidding.The holy spirit is Gods active force,power.The same force that was used to create the entire universe and inspire the writing of the holy scriptures.According to the holy scriptures,of course.

The heavens is where God the Almighty dwells,not earth.

• 1 Kings 8:39
    39 then may you hear from the heavens, your dwelling place,and may you forgive and take action; and reward each one according to all his ways, for you know his heart (you alone truly know every human heart),

• 1 Kings 8:49
      49 then hear from the heavens, your dwelling place,their prayer and their request for favor, and execute judgment for them

• 2 Chronicles 6:33
      33 may you then listen from the heavens, your dwelling place, and do all that the foreigner asks of you, so that all the peoples of the earth may know your name and fear you, as your people Israel do, and may know that your name has been called on this house that I have built.

What did Jesus say? “Our Father in the heavens,”

The Christian doctrine of the "Trinity" has been traditionally understood as three divine persons, one divine being.

I wonder where they got that idea? Notice too in the bottom picture the Ankh crosses in their hands.

Egypt Picture - Gold Trinity of Osiris

pic09212005.jpg

Egypt Picture - Gold Trinity of Osiris

56b1f5a34e775d7421bfe93855de13c6.jpg

lostwanderingsoul

actually theBible says that if a person is "born again" that person will be a spirit and will be invisible like the wind. all these people who claim to be born again are still visible so it is doubful they are truly born again

lostwanderingsoul

there was a trinity belief even in the ancient pagan Babylonian Mystery Religion. they also worshiped a mother and child. many so called christian beliefs are just warmed over pagan ideas

actually theBible says that if a person is "born again" that person will be a spirit and will be invisible like the wind. all these people who claim to be born again are still visible so it is doubful they are truly born again
Actually,that is not what that passage means.

John 3:8 The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from and where it is going. So is everyone that has been born from the spirit.”

It means that the holy spirit working in those chosen by God as instruments will be moved to do things and given power.These chosen ones do not know what to expect but the holy spirit will guide them in every way.
  • It has nothing to do with being invisible.It has nothing to do with physical appearance of any kind.

there was a trinity belief even in the ancient pagan Babylonian Mystery Religion. they also worshiped a mother and child. many so called christian beliefs are just warmed over pagan ideas

Yes,I agree.So those who practice these things are actually pagans, and not true Christians, according to the holy scriptures.

lostwanderingsoul

the Bible says " that which is born of the spirit IS spirit." so the person who is born again IS a spirit and is invisible. people will be born again when Christ returns to earth (not before). so no one today is really born again.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva,
Let's look at Psalm 110 again.

This is called a Psalm of David. Why? Because David wrote it. IF HE WROTE IT, HE CANNOT BE THE LORD SPOKEN TO BY YHWH/Jehovah.

Verse 1: 'The LORD (YHWH/Jehovah) said unto my (David's) Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.'

To be absolutely certain that this is the correct rendering of the passage let's have it confirmed by the New Testament prophecies.

Acts 2:34, 35: ' For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Until I make thy foes thy footstool.'

I Corinthians 15:25: 'For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.'

Hebrews 1:13: 'But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

So, David's Lord is JESUS CHRIST. There is therefore a difference between 'bowing down' to King David, and the worship offered to the Lord Jesus Christ. True worship is IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH. This is the way in which we are expected to worship God.

Jesus Christ has a throne in heaven. This is quite different from the earthly thrones of earthly kings. For a start there is ONLY ONE THRONE IN HEAVEN! There is ONLY ONE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. There is ONLY ONE KING in heaven.

BALONEY!

If David's Lord was Jesus - then David would be committing sin - idolatry - with another God!

It is absolutely wrong that you think some person not born until more than 700 years later is "my Lord," in that Tanakh verse!

The people of David's time recognized NO trinity.

There is NO Jesus in Tanakh!

These are Psalms of David - He did not write them.

The Psalms are thought to be composed over a thousand years, with multiple authors.

Someone whom didn't exist yet obviously can NOT be that Lord. YHVH is speaking to King David in that verse.

NT verses written long after events to try to make them match Tanakh, - obviously mean nothing.

As to Your throne info-

Mark 10:39, 40 'You will drink the cup that I drink. You can have the same *baptism as I have. But I do not choose who sits at my right or left. God chooses the people who will receive these honours.

Act 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Two, three, separate Gods in Heaven at the same time? Pagan pantheon anyone?

Jesus is NOT God. No trinity.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

You keep putting out verses - and do NOT prove your points with them.

Christ sits on the RIGHT HAND OF GOD = He IS NOT GOD.

John 10:32-33 has been explained to you folks over and over.

The translation should NOT be "God." Jesus himself - when they say this - refers them to a Tanakh verse - where they are Magistrates, - which is another definition of the word.

So Jesus himself supposedly gives us the meaning - and it is NOT "God."