• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do people still celebrate "Passover"-?

james dixon

Premium Member
I would say, ".,.,.when you grow up, you might find yourself passive/aggressively trolling innocent by-standers on the internet".

Trolling: Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Are you honestly accusing me of this-?
:)-

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Trolling: Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Are you honestly accusing me of this-?

You missed the "Passive/aggressively" part.

Tumah

Veteran Member
(Genesis 32:28) And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Iacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God, and with men, and hast preuailed.

(Gen 47:26 KJV) And Joseph made it a law over the land of Egypt unto this day, that Pharaoh should have the fifth part; except the land of the priests only, which became not Pharaoh's.

(Gen 47:27 KJV) And Israel dwelt in the land of Egypt, in the country of Goshen; and they had possessions therein, and grew, and multiplied exceedingly.

(Gen 47:28 KJV) And Jacob lived in the land of Egypt seventeen years: so the whole age of Jacob was an hundred forty and seven years.

(Gen 50:22 KJV) And Joseph dwelt in Egypt, he, and his father's house: and Joseph lived an hundred and ten years.

(Gen 50:26 KJV) So Joseph died, being an hundred and ten years old: and they embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin in Egypt.

(Exo 1:6 KJV) And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation.

(Exo 1:7 KJV) And the children of Israel were fruitful, and increased abundantly, and multiplied, and waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was filled with them

(Gen 47:11 KJV) And Joseph placed his father [ISRAEL] and his brethren, and gave them a possession in the land of Egypt, in the best of the land, in the land of Rameses, as Pharaoh had commanded.

During this period the Israelite’s had total control over Egypt, so please tell me why they would flee?
So you got up to Ex 1:7, thought up your question and stopped reading before you hit 1:8 where the answer to your question begins?

james dixon

Premium Member
Passover 2020 will begin in the evening of

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

and ends in the evening of

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Why do you celebrate the one event which is now called passover-?
just asking once again

rosends

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Thursday, April 16, 2020

just asking once again
Sir -- you are 71 years old and this question still bothers you?

Here are two answers:
1. Because God commanded us to
2. Because we are commemorating our leaving Egypt

We do, however, actually celebrate many events both during this holiday and during the entirety of the year.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Thursday, April 16, 2020

just asking once again
Deuteronomy 6:7... Arguably the most important function of celebrating Passover is teaching our children diligently.

Jedster

I wasn't part of the original discussion, but honestly - why? Excellent answers were already written here. All you had to do was skim through the thread again.

Some people live in their personal groundhog day. They don't even change their clothes.

james dixon

Premium Member
It appears that I will not get an answer to my question.

The reason could possibly be that the question was poorly written.

I have personally read the biblical verses covering Passover and was hopping to get a better understanding of the meaning of Passover, what was being passed over and why-?

p.s. this is a trick question, and everyone here is free to pass on by and not respond

rosends

The houses of the children of Israel who demonstrated faith in following God's dictate to place lamb blood on their doorposts were passed over and the first born within those houses, not killed.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
p.s. this is a trick question
What's tricky about it? It's exactly as @rosends wrote and as clearly described in the Torah: God passed over the houses of the Israelites and killed only the Egyptian first-born. Hence, "Pass-over". Not complicated.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
What's tricky about it? It's exactly as @rosends wrote and as clearly described in the Torah: God passed over the houses of the Israelites and killed only the Egyptian first-born. Hence, "Pass-over". Not complicated.
It is when you're a Christian trying to shove a Jesus motif into it that Jews are too dumb to see...

Last edited:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
It is when you're a Christian trying to shove a Jesus motif in to it that Jews are too dumb to see...
Okay, wait...*exchanging my kippah for one of those Catholic caps*, I'm ready. Let's re-read the story: So...god was passing over the Jews as a sign that one day in the future, they'll be passed over in favor of the Christians?

Watchmen

Premium Member
The Passover and the Festival of Unleavened Bread

12 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, .,,12 On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will .,.,,

21 Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover..,.,.,,,; and none of you shall go out at the door of his house until the morning.

28 And the children of Israel went away, and did as the Lord had commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they.

29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

24 And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons for ever.

As a Christian; I must ask; Do people still today “celebrate” the wanton murder of every child in Egypt- as a holiday; these days?

Just curious
clip_image002.png
- comments welcome :)-
I find your open disdain for the good Jewish people disgusting. Take your hatred elsewhere.