• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do People Require Personal Guides?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I have no need for a guru or personal master as is common place in Hinduism, but then again I'm not a Hindu.

I believe we all need others to help us along the journey but that's quite a different proposition to having a personal guru.

The question, as indicated in the OP, extends beyond the Hindu paradigm and beyond gurus and masters.

MikeF

Premium Member
A question posted to another in a topical post in a DIR was, "Do people require personal guides?" As to not lead that thread from the point of the topic, I'm placing the question in a new thread.

Gurus...masters...teachers...clergy...rabbis...gods...counselors...psychologists...

Do people require personal guides to navigate through this life?

Please explain why or why not.

Not everyone requires one. I'm sure even if not absolutely necessary, some may enjoy or prefer the learning process to be facilitated to some degree.

My concern is how does an inexperienced novice evaluate the quality of a potential personal guide. As a novice one presumably does not have sufficient knowledge to make that evaluation.

How does one ensure the personal guide is leading them in the right direction?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
A question posted to another in a topical post in a DIR was, "Do people require personal guides?" As to not lead that thread from the point of the topic, I'm placing the question in a new thread.

Gurus...masters...teachers...clergy...rabbis...gods...counselors...psychologists...

Do people require personal guides to navigate through this life?

Please explain why or why not.
I would not say require, but Good counsel is a plus.
Nobody can learn everything by themselves.

idea

Question Everything
Research vs plagiarism, research uses more than one reference.
Respected university vs. cult. Students in a university have many different teachers from all backgrounds and beliefs. Graduates should not plagiarize any single instructor, but instead combine beliefs with personal experience to form individual conclusions.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Father mother first humans. Not cult evil thinkers like baby adult humans became.

Scientists thinker adult man or woman just humans. As liars. Cult group. Not acting anything like a natural human mother or father did does or had behaved.

Think.

When the sun mass gave earths heavens light it also bored origin sin K holes into gods earth mass flesh.

No life of anything existed then. Directly advised as one hundred percent reasoned.

The difference to being natural family in life's adult human laws guided or being an evil human sister or brother in science. The cult.