• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do people blame others when they are stuck them selves?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do we humans tend to blame other people or other religious beliefs, when we are stuck in our own life?
Why is it so important to tell other how wrong they are ( from our own beliefs)

Can we not see good in others and learn from them :confused:

Lain

Do we humans tend to blame other people or other religious beliefs, when we are stuck in our own life?

In my opinion all with pure minds will see the good in others because all good comes from God, and is God's activity in a thing or God Himself. Those who are like that can see it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In my opinion all with pure minds will see the good in others because all good comes from God, and is God's activity in a thing or God Himself. Those who are like that can see it.
Yes, those who "see with Gods eyes" will know and understand, but that might be difficult when one does not see

Nimos

Probably some people will do that. But in general I think most people tend to blame others if they feel wronged one way or another. In which case almost anything can be used as an excuse, doesn't have to be religious motivated.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Probably some people will do that. But in general I think most people tend to blame others if they feel wronged one way or another. In which case almost anything can be used as an excuse, doesn't have to be religious motivated.
Do people learn from it when they are blaming, or being blamed :confused:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

We can't get ahead of or to where we want to be in our lives, because these other people are in our way.

Simple thought process as that.

Nimos

Do people learn from it when they are blaming, or being blamed :confused:
Depends, if they either realize that they wronged the person or agree with it or if the wronged person likewise, figure out that they maybe weren't wronged or they themselves were mistaken, then it can happen.

Since you are from Norway, you know about Breikvik, which is clearly a person feeling that he or in his opinion, Norway, had been wronged by whatever. So he was blaming others for this and decided to act on it. Now im not really convinced that he learned anything from it, I would assume that he is still convinced that he were in the right and everyone else just doesn't know it yet. Obviously only the minority will go as far as he did, but in theory I think its the same, whether its political motivated, religious or some personal motivation, some people can go very far if they feel wronged.

Even when its smaller things, like some people that might be angry at each other for years because of something which appear stupid to others, neighbors that can't get along and feel the others have wronged them. Point being, that a lot of people doesn't really reflect over these things, if they feel wronged. Because they are certain that it is the other parts fault.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Depends, if they either realize that they wronged the person or agree with it or if the wronged person likewise, figure out that they maybe weren't wronged or they themselves were mistaken, then it can happen.

Since you are from Norway, you know about Breikvik, which is clearly a person feeling that he or in his opinion, Norway, had been wronged by whatever. So he was blaming others for this and decided to act on it. Now im not really convinced that he learned anything from it, I would assume that he is still convinced that he were in the right and everyone else just doesn't know it yet. Obviously only the minority will go as far as he did, but in theory I think its the same, whether its political motivated, religious or some personal motivation, some people can go very far if they feel wronged.

Even when its smaller things, like some people that might be angry at each other for years because of something which appear stupid to others, neighbors that can't get along and feel the others have wronged them. Point being, that a lot of people doesn't really reflect over these things, if they feel wronged. Because they are certain that it is the other parts fault.
Last I heard about Breivik, and his view of what he did, it seems that he know it was wrong but at the same time he did see it as his mission, and I worry he do it again if he ever get out

Nimos

Last I heard about Breivik, and his view of what he did, it seems that he know it was wrong but at the same time he did see it as his mission, and I worry he do it again if he ever get out
Im not sure he does, but merely say it to appear somewhat sane. Obviously if he believed that it was his mission to do something like that at the time and chooses to act on it, its should be obvious that he doesn't really understand what it means or he have a very limited amount of braincells in his head. Despite whether he thought that it was for a good case or not for Norway, going out and shooting innocent people like he did, can never be justified in any way. If he had even the slightest understanding of what "killing is wrong" means, then he wouldn't have done it. I think, he convinced himself that what he thought was the truth and just as with terrorists, they don't see any other option, they are right and everyone else is wrong and as long as they have that conviction they don't care about any of those that they feel wronged them.

I don't think he would do it again, simply because the situation is different at the moment and he would be under constant police protection. But I think he would probably write and try to release more nonsense explaining or trying to convince others that he is the "good" guy. That wouldn't surprise me at least.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
The choices we make tend to determine who we are, and who we become. The more we choose to blame others, to excuse ourselves, the more that becomes who we are, and the more easily and automatically we'll do it again. Until we have become lost to our own 'lesser angels'.

The good news is that it also can work the other way around. If we can recognize the spiritual consequences of our choices, we can begin to make better and more healthy choices as we go along. And the more often we do it, they more easily and automatically doing it becomes, until we find that we have become better people.