• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do only atheists and satanists play 8 string guitars ?

David1967

Premium Member
I know a couple Dethclok and Arch Enemy songs in C. That low of a tuning would have to be awesome from some Sabbath songs.

It is. A lot of the old Sabbath stuff was in C#. The only downside is that I've gotten so used to the feel of the strings in the low tuning that when I play in standard it feels stiff. Funny story; We played a music festival here in August. One young fellow thought the old Sabbath songs were ours. I told him that they were actually old Black Sabbath songs and he went and purchased all their old stuff. So we inadvertently created a new Sabbath fan. :D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It is. A lot of the old Sabbath stuff was in C#. The only downside is that I've gotten so used to the feel of the strings in the low tuning that when I play in standard it feels stiff. Funny story; We played a music festival here in August. One young fellow thought the old Sabbath songs were ours. I told him that they were actually old Black Sabbath songs and he went and purchased all their old stuff. So we inadvertently created a new Sabbath fan. :D
One thing I love about Black Sabbath concerts is there is no doubting it or questioning it, the audience is one of the most age diverse groups you'll ever see, if not the most age diverse crowd ever.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
That was a bold move. They’re very nice guitars.
How does it sound ?
I'm not crazy about the pups, I should change them. Aside from being difficult to play because of the absence of frets, the notes do not sustain very well but the sound is cool because of the slipperiness of everything! I often use an EBow and/or Open-Tune to DADGAD or just a Drop Tuning.

David1967

Premium Member
One thing I love about Black Sabbath concerts is there is no doubting it or questioning it, the audience is one of the most age diverse groups you'll ever see, if not the most age diverse crowd ever.

Without them, there would be no metal. They're as relevant today as ever.:cool: