• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do only atheists and satanists play 8 string guitars ?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
1F4687CC-7BB7-479B-AF77-B89F50F7FF37.jpeg

I just bought this.
Generally speaking, only heavy metal heads use them. And they all seem to be atheists or satanists.
And usually, they choose black.

Seven and eight string guitars are perfect for those who like to djent, with brain melting overdrive.

I bought mine to play through a Boss SY-300 guitar synth. Having five octaves of range lets me fully exploit the synth, especially because the SY-300 allows layering of its three oscillators in different frequency ranges. Plus I run a direct out to a parallel channel to mix in standard guitar tones/fx.

The fanned frets are way cool. Longer strings for lower frequencies.

I plugged and played it for the first time today. The combo is freakin’ amazing. Through a bi-amped system, 2x100 watts, a sealed cab with a 12” Infinity subwoofer, and an open-back cab with a Celestion Vintage 10.

It really is evil. :smilingimp:

Last edited by a moderator:

Erebus

I know almost nothing about guitars, having always had the musical proficiency of a dead frog. However, heavy metal is by no means restricted to just atheists and Satanists. Christian and Pagan metal bands definitely exist.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I know almost nothing about guitars, having always had the musical proficiency of a dead frog. However, heavy metal is by no means restricted to just atheists and Satanists. Christian and Pagan metal bands definitely exist.

Yeah, I know.
It was just an amusing attention-getting title for a thread about guitars.
I’m wondering who the players are on RF.

Not that kind of player....lol.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Yeah, I know.
It was just an amusing attention-getting title for a thread about guitars.
I’m wondering who the players are on RF.

Not that kind of player....lol.

Most of us old rock and blues players can't count much higher than six on our best days....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Im not aware of that many at all who play a guitar with 7 or more strings, just as I'm aware of few bassists who play a 6 string.

Nimos

Generally speaking, only heavy metal heads use them. And they all seem to be atheists or satanists.
I think you got it wrong, this is what a typical Atheists/Pagan/Satanic concert looks like... (Obviously this is suppose to be a secret, but you know with youtube its not that easy. :smilingimp:)

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Im not aware of that many at all who play a guitar with 7 or more strings, just as I'm aware of few bassists who play a 6 string.

Our bassist sometimes play a 6 string (killer sound). We call it the "aircraft carrier". I believe you could actually land a Piper Cub on it in an emergency...

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

It’s BIG fun.
You can have the best of both worlds with a Fender VI.
It’s a six string an octave down. It was used to play a lot of famous lead breaks, like “While my guitar gently weeps”, because it is such full solid tone in the upper registers. It was a ‘secret weapon’ back in the day.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
View attachment 33907
I just bought this.

Seven and eight string guitars are perfect for those who like to djent, with brain melting overdrive.

I bought mine to play through a Boss SY-300 guitar synth. Having five octaves of range lets me fully exploit the synth, especially because the SY-300 allows layering of its three oscillators in different frequency ranges. Plus I run a direct out to a parallel channel to mix in standard guitar tones/fx.

The fanned frets are way cool. Longer strings for lower frequencies.

I plugged and played it for the first time today. The combo is freakin’ amazing. Through a bi-amped system, 2x100 watts, a sealed cab with a 12” Infinity subwoofer, and an open-back cab with a Celestion Vintage 10.

It really is evil. :smilingimp:
Somewhere, Jimi Hendrix is smiling.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Our bassist sometimes play a 6 string (killer sound). We call it the "aircraft carrier". I believe you could actually land a Piper Cub on it in an emergency...

Is he in agony after a few hours ? They’re heavy !
Not as bad as what my brother endures though. He’s a piano player in a marching band.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Somewhere, Jimi Hendrix is smiling.
He’s been a merman since the 80s.

I had an extraordinary dream many years ago. I found myself sitting at the back of a music club in Harlem. Jimi was playing. I heard a whole set. It may as well have been real.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It’s BIG fun.
You can have the best of both worlds with a Fender VI.
It’s a six string an octave down. It was used to play a lot of famous lead breaks, like “While my guitar gently weeps”, because it is such full solid tone in the upper registers. It was a ‘secret weapon’ back in the day.
An octave down is basically bass guitar,so what's the significant difference?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I think you got it wrong, this is what a typical Atheists/Pagan/Satanic concert looks like... (Obviously this is suppose to be a secret, but you know with youtube its not that easy. :smilingimp:)

That’s pretty groovy.
Reminds me of some sharehouses from my youth :alien:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a retired bassist who never found much use in more than 4 strings. While that rumbling B sounded good in a few songs, I couldn't justify buying one just for that.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
An octave down is basically bass guitar,so what's the significant difference?

It’s tuned like a six string. EADGBE. With light gauge strings. So it’s like playing a standard six, all the chord shapes etc.

Usually, extended basses add lower strings, but the Fender goes higher, so chording and melodies work really well.