• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Do not swear" (Alah)

Teritos

Jesus in the bible swears an oath over 200 times. Anytime he says, "Amen", that's an oath. If those statements are not literally true, then, according to your assessment, he is liable for the death penalty
Amen means "Truly" or "so be it". This word is used to strengthen/confirm a statement. To equate this with an oath is an exaggeration. And even if Jesus had sworn, he as God is allowed to do so. He is perfect and therefore would not misuse it.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Amen means "Truly" or "so be it". This word is used to strengthen/confirm a statement. To equate this with an oath is an exaggeration. And even if Jesus had sworn, he as God is allowed to do so. He is perfect and therefore would not misuse it.
Comparing the hebrew word alah, with the name Allah is equally exaggerated.

That's the point.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Its "Ameen" in Greek. Not Amen, which is English.

Your logic is most absurd. Also, you have absolutely no knowledge of any of these languages. I mean not even LKG. Whats strange is that you make an absurd statement like your OP, and have no response to some valid posts, but you make another absurd case without addressing the issues with your OP.

But that type of thing is interesting to watch. Its nice.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
You do know that Wallah mean I swear by God, and that is not swearing in the bad way. it is like saying i swear by God that i speak the truth. it is not like using english swearing words
Huh, interesting. Wallah entered the Hebrew slang many years ago from the Arabic (like some other Arabic terms), but in Hebrew slang it's like saying: "Huh, you don't say?" or "Oh, really?"

firedragon

Veteran Member
Huh, interesting. Wallah entered the Hebrew slang many years ago from the Arabic (like some other Arabic terms), but in Hebrew slang it's like saying: "Huh, you don't say?" or "Oh, really?"

Its the same in arabic slang as well. Its the tone of use that changes the meaning in slang.