• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do not let others pick on you

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
When encounter someone who think they are "better than you" do not let them pick on you. If they come with snarky comments, let them do it but do not answer them back with other than nice words or a short but firm comment, saying "i hear you but you dont bother me"

If they keep at it, just leave them, walk away and keep smiling :)

Let the teaching from the religion you follow guide you, so that no matter what happens in life you will stay strong from with in your own being :)

those who pick on you are the once who truly suffering in life.

How does your religious faith/teaching tell you to behave/react when something happens toward you as a paerson?

TSTS

When encounter someone who think they are "better than you" do not let them pick on you. If they come with snarky comments,
You do understand that the sly and the cunning can pick on others by their persistent passive aggressive comments sprinkled with smileys and false niceties, don't you?
How does your religious faith/teaching tell you to behave/react
We don't have to depend on religion to tell us how to behave. Our conduct can be nicely managed by our own sense of self-accountability, if we have it.

Just my cent, feel free to disregard it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You do understand that the sly and the cunning can pick on others by their persistent passive aggressive comments sprinkled with smileys and false niceties, don't you?

We don't have to depend on religion to tell us how to behave. Our conduct can be nicely managed by our own sense of self-accountability, if we have it.

Just my cent, feel free to disregard it.
I have no need to being snarky toward others, when i write to someone or answer their questions it is based out of my understanding of the topic in discussion, or if it is a direct answer to a snarky person, my comments is not meant to be snarky back, but maybe it depend on how the other person feel when being answered back to?

My personal "intention" of being in RF is to share, to learn and to meet good people who wish to share their happiness too.

TSTS

I have no need to being snarky toward others, when i write to someone or answer their questions it is based out of my understanding of the topic in discussion, or if it is a direct answer to a snarky person, my comments is not meant to be snarky back, but maybe it depend on how the other person feel when being answered back to?
I wasn't talking about you nor interested to do so. What i was responding to was what you have said in the OP about picking on others by snarky comments. I was highlighting the fact that picking on others isn't limited to deliberate snarkiness but also includes other means. And i listed one other means used by certain type of people. Besides what was said, some passive aggressive people also take a common route of vilifying others they don't like.
My personal "intention" of being in RF is to share, to learn and to meet good people who wish to share their happiness too.
Not sure why you would feel a need to say this. No one was asking you about your intentions. But since you bring it up my thoughts on the meaninglessness of verbal claims was mentioned to another poster on a different thread that you must have seen.

But again this isn't a topic i appreciate nor care to proceed anymore. I simply commented since i felt it was a very superficial and partial take on things. And the tone of the thread sounded odd. But i am sure you will get the ear from other participants along with their "likes". Good luck.

Last edited:

Gargovic Malkav

When encounter someone who think they are "better than you" do not let them pick on you. If they come with snarky comments, let them do it but do not answer them back with other than nice words or a short but firm comment, saying "i hear you but you dont bother me"

Let the teaching from the religion you follow guide you, so that no matter what happens in life you will stay strong from with in your own being :)

How does your religious faith/teaching tell you to behave/react when something happens toward you as a paerson?

I hope you can listen to your own advice as well.
Because I have a suspicion I know what drove you to create this thread.

Regarding religious scriptures, the Quran has some good advice about dealing with those who judge or mock you(or those who may not mean it like that but make you feel that way and vice versa).

The Quran is just one example.
The OT has shown some examples of what you can achieve through kindness and self-control, and what you can achieve when you don't.
The NT teaches that you should turn the other cheek.
Tao Te Ching also said some powerful things about kindness, tolerance and patience.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
walk away

Of course one problem is that it is not always possible to do this; for example when one is at work, especially if the snarky person is your boss. Life is too short to waste time in irritation and anger. Don’t let other people’s problems become yours. Anger may arise, but you can see it and let it pass. I'm sure you know this: If someone offers you a hot coal to hold, try to decline. It is your hand which would burn.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

I grew up in a bad neighborhood

I have made a practice of turning the other cheek
which has proven dangerous

when someone bruises your cheek
offer him the other one

this is NOT a passive gesture

you are standing ground
and you could end up .....stomped

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I hope you can listen to your own advice as well.
Because I have a suspicion I know what drove you to create this thread.

Regarding religious scriptures, the Quran has some good advice about dealing with those who judge or mock you(or those who may not mean it like that but make you feel that way and vice versa).

The Quran is just one example.
The OT has shown some examples of what you can achieve through kindness and self-control, and what you can achieve when you don't.
The NT teaches that you should turn the other cheek.
Tao Te Ching also said some powerful things about kindness, tolerance and patience.
I do try to live by the advice i made in this OP, and you are correct there was a reason for me making this OP.

Do i live by my own advice always? No, i fail from time to time, and maybe this OP is an example of my faults not being able to live by it?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

It really didn't. I had this knowledge coming into this religion (at least in this lifetime ;)).

I learned this through the Four Agreements of the Toltec philosophy, primarily the second agreement, "Don't take anything personally."

ff25b9b3ac9b957a63dc667d595509fd.jpg

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
It really didn't. I had this knowledge coming into this religion (at least in this lifetime ;)).

I learned this through the Four Agreements of the Toltec philosophy, primarily the second agreement, "Don't take anything personally."
Usefull
Others (not specified) can be anything
I apply this wisdom to viruses even
Best way to immunise myself
Knowing Who I Am

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Last time someone picked on me was when I was a kid. Any negative feelings and thoughts people have of me tends to be in their head since I'm not around people to make them mad-at least not intentionally. I honestly and genuinely can't think of anything I did to others (lie, insult, hit people, get them back, gossip) as an adult.

I found an inner child guided meditation couple months ago I use every evening for awhile now. My therapist gave me some techniques for stressful related* situations. Other than that, it's mostly keeping myself online (rather-aligned mentally and physically, not on the internet). My external stress level is limited that if finally I'm "enlightened" I'd think I'm good to go with other people and myself.

I think religion does pretty much what I am learning to do-have some form of meditation, see things differently, want to learn, and being aware of your reactions and experiences.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I'd tell that person off.

I stand up to bullies*.

*Unless he's 9 feet tall hairy and with a bikers 1% patch. See ya later shortcake!