• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do non believers EXPECT there must be someone in certain circumstances ?

chinu

chinu
Scenario: somebody did something very very wrong with you without any reason. You being the victim went to the court for justice, but, failed to provide any solid evidence/proofs to court to punish that accused. Person exonerated from the court.

No God exist at all. Fine.

But, taking the above scenario into consideration, do non-believers EXPECT that there must be someone to provide them justice ?

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that would just be a sign that our legal justice system sometimes makes mistakes. What does that have to do with God? :shrug:

chinu

chinu
I think that would just be a sign that our legal justice system sometimes makes mistakes. What does that have to do with God? :shrug:
Of course. sometimes out legal justice make mistakes when there aren't enough proofs/evidences. Its quite understood from the scenario I gave.

Please answer the original question if you are interested.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
No, I expect that people want freedom and justice. So my hope is that humans are wise enough to uphold what is true, and never waiver from that.

Of course all things human is fallible.

And human nature can go two ways, truthful, or malicious, honest, or deceitful.

QuestioningMind

Scenario: somebody did something very very wrong with you without any reason. You being the victim went to the court for justice, but, failed to provide any solid evidence/proofs to court to punish that accused. Person exonerated from the court.

But, taking the above scenario into consideration, do non-believers EXPECT that there must be God to provide them justice ?

Of course not. How could I possibly expect something that I have no reason to believe exists to provide justice, or anything else for that matter? That would be like you saying that you don't believe that little green men from Mars exist, but you expect that they'll find a cure for the common cold.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

But, taking the above scenario into consideration, do non-believers EXPECT that there must be God to provide them justice ?
Why would non-believers EXPECT anything from a God they do not believe exists?
If you asked do non-believers HOPE that there might be a God to provide them justice I would understand that.

As a believer, I always HOPE God will get the bad guys after they die and give them what they deserve.

chinu

chinu
That would be like you saying that you don't believe that little green men from Mars exist, but you expect that they'll find a cure for the common cold.
Common cold will cease to exist after cured by doctors.

But, injustice happened, and will remain with the person until get justice.

Last edited:

QuestioningMind

You mean you are relax with injustice ?

Where did you get that idea? I would LOVE for every single wrongdoer to be brought to justice. But my desire to see justice done doesn't automatically mean that some god being exists that's going to fulfill that desire.

It would be like if you spent your entire life wanting human doctors to find a cure for cancer, but you don't believe that little green men for mars exist. If I ask you if you EXPECT little green men from Mars to find us a cure for cancer and you say no, does that mean you're 'relax' with cancer? Of course not! It simply means that your desire to see a cure for cancer found isn't going to cause you to pretend like you expect beings from Mars that don't exist to come and provide a cure.

chinu

chinu
Why would non-believers EXPECT anything from a God they do not believe exists?
I asked do they Expect God, NOT something from God that already exist. Of course that will pre-conclude the existence of God, but I didn't asked that.

Moreover I also mentioned in OP: "No God exist at all. Fine."

Please re-read. You misread OP.

QuestioningMind

Common cold will cease to exist after cured by earthly doctors.

But, injustice happened, and will remain with the person until get justice.

Come on, chinu... are you really that disingenuous? Do you have to always do a silly little side step instead of just answering a simple question?

Would it be logical for you to expect beings from Mars that you don't believe exist to find a cure for ANYTHING? If not, why would it in any way be logical for me to expect a being I don't believe exists to dispense justice?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I asked do they Expect God, NOT something from God that already exist. Of course that will pre-conclude the existence of God, but I didn't asked that.

Moreover I also mentioned in OP: "No God exist at all. Fine."

Please re-read. You misread OP.
Okay.

MNoBody

well, if no man will step up and demonstrate justice, then one can conclude that there is no godly spirits in any people involved....since justice did not prevail.....or maybe it is a game where everything isn't rigged and truly random crud happens for no reason at all....but the book of Job raises some nasty suspicions about that too.

QuestioningMind

I mean, why to unnecessarily believe in something when we already have the solution.

You just REFUSE to answer a simple question, don't you? And instead you make seriously IGNORANT statements like we ALREADY HAVE a cure for cancer.

The questions are SIMPLE.

1. Why would you POSSIBLY expect ANYTHING from something you have no reason to believe exists?

2. If you DON'T expect anything from things you don't believe exist, why would you assume anyone else would?

PLEASE, just answer those 2 simple questions... no side stepping... no bringing up ANYTHING else but the two questions at hand.

chinu

chinu
well, if no man will step up and demonstrate justice, then one can conclude that there is no godly spirits in any people involved.
There may cases in which people get justice from court, and there are many cases where people don't get. How do you look at this ?

Daemon Sophic

No. The two topics (justice and belief in God) are unrelated. :shrug:

I would let it go. Unless I was absolutely sure of the person’s guilt, and they had done something truly heinous. Then vigilantism may be necessary.