• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Muslims believe in the perpetual virginity of Mary?

Ilisrum

I'm curious. I looked around online for an answer and couldn't find one.

I know Muslims believe that Miriam gave birth to Jesus as a virgin, but what about later on. Do Muslims hold that Mary remained a virgin throughout her life, like Catholics, or do they accept that she was indeed married with children besides Jesus? Or does it depend on who you ask?

Thanks for any responses.

Sahar

Hi and Welcome to Islam forum :)

I don't know if there is anything mentioned about this in the hadith as there is nothing mentioned about this point in the Qur'an. In addition, any knowledge about it is completely insignificant. The Qur'anic stories are mentioned to deliver certain values and wisdom, the details that don't serve this purpose are non significant. If I knew she got married or not after the miracle of Jesus, what is the importance of this?!!
:)

Ilisrum

The Qur'anic stories are mentioned to deliver certain values and wisdom, the details that don't serve this purpose are non significant. If I knew she got married or not after the miracle of Jesus, what is the importance of this?!!

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for the response.:)