• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Men Wish They Could Give Birth?

Lightkeeper

I have heard some men say they wish they could give birth. Some men feel left out the first few months of their baby's life. Do you think our cloning activities and lab work on test tube babies, etc. is leading to finding a way to create a life outside of the womb? Do you think this has anything to do with men wanting to give birth?

robtex

Veteran Member
absolutely not!! Yikes!! besides you ladies do a wonderful job with the birth thing.....:)

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Lightkeeper -
I've been a man for the better part of my 47 years on this earth, I've been surrounded by men my whole life (work, sports, etc.), and I've engaged men of most every stripe in honest conversation. I can truthfully say, that I have never heard one man utter the phrase "I wish I could give birth."
I'm not saying there aren't men out there that would make this statement, only that I have never met any. Come to think of it, the very thought has never occured to me, and I would infer that if another guy had the thought pass through his mind, he shook it off and kept going. I can only surmise that if someone had this thought, it would have come up in the conversation at some point. It seems obvious (to me) that somewhere through the years, with all the babies being born, all the wives that were pregnant, one of the guys would have vocalized this thought - if they in fact had it.

Then again, many women would look at myself and the guys I hang out with as "typical" guys - that is to say - Cro-Magnon. ;)

TVOR

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I've never felt a desire to give birth. I've never heard another man say that he felt a desire to give birth. Doesn't seem to me to be a common desire.

Master Vigil

I would say that if any man wanted to give birth, they are CERTAINLY a minority. And it's true, women are much better at it than we are. They have all those maternal instincts and such, we don't.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Lightkeeper -

That link takes you to a paper written by a student at Bryn Mawr college. Obviously, this is a piece of subversive literature written by a Communist agent.
I'll brook none of this treasonous propaganda! :)

Like I said, 47 years, and I've never heard of this before. I'm still dubious.

TVOR

Lightkeeper

TVOR, are you saying if you haven't heard of something it doesn't exist?:)

http://www.listproc.bucknell.edu/archives/femecon-l/199903/msg00005.html

Science ready to let men have babies

by Steve Farrar
and Karen Bayne

BRITAIN'S foremost fertility expert says
advances in medical technology mean men can
now bear children.

Lord Winston, who as Professor Robert
Winston was ennobled three years ago by Tony
Blair, says doctors could use today's
techniques to implant an embryo in a man's
abdomen, allowing him to carry it to term
and then have it delivered by caesarean
section.

Mystic

Voice Of Reason, you are tooo funny! At least we can swim and ride horses now...hah

Seriously. After I gave birth for the first time, my husband looked at me and said, "OK...I give up. "We ARE the weaker sex."

TVOR

PS - and if some coed writes a paper on men wearing tampons in their butt, you can count me out on that one, too! :)[/QUOTE]

Ceridwen018

Lol, this thread is great. Personally, I think that it's more the women wishing men could get pregnant.

Those sites were very intriguing though...I can imagine that the "Lots of female hormones/may grow breasts" thing might be a problem though, lol.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Lightkeeper said:
Science ready to let men have babies

by Steve Farrar
and Karen Bayne

BRITAIN'S foremost fertility expert says
advances in medical technology mean men can
now bear children.

Lord Winston, who as Professor Robert
Winston was ennobled three years ago by Tony
Blair, says doctors could use today's
techniques to implant an embryo in a man's
abdomen, allowing him to carry it to term
and then have it delivered by caesarean
section.
Reminds me of that movie with Big Arnie (what was it called...'Junior'?). He really was a 'girlie man'!! :biglaugh:

Lightkeeper

No one said it was a conscious desire.:) Maybe that's why so many men have what we lovingly call a "beer belly".:biglaugh:

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Only you, Lightkeeper (maybe Feathers also) could make growing a "Beer Belly" sound like an act of love. If that is the reason, I guess I'm subconsciouly wishing for twins!

TVOR

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
After reading your posts in this and other threads, I'm willing to bet that you are an excellent father, Huajiro. I'd say that any kid growing up in your house will never experience the feeling of abandonment, even after you pass from this life. Perhaps, especially after you pass from this life.

TVOR

huajiro

The Voice of Reason said:
After reading your posts in this and other threads, I'm willing to bet that you are an excellent father, Huajiro. I'd say that any kid growing up in your house will never experience the feeling of abandonment, even after you pass from this life. Perhaps, especially after you pass from this life.

TVOR
Thanks, I am just trying to give my son what I never had