• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Men Even Want Women?

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
I think that in some ways, there is a cultural pressure to look and act a certain way, even coupled with how we're raised...in terms of the opposite sex. But, I've always believed that fake men and women tend to attract like kind. Real people attract more of the same. Water always seeks its own level.

This is pretty much how I see it as well. I stick to basic grooming levels, as does my boyfriend, and we like each other perfectly well. There are cultural pressures otherwise, but that doesn't matter when you're comfortable with yourself and you've found a like-minded partner.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
This is not in a debate section but I thought it would be better here.

So in today's culture it's sort of taken as a given that attractive women will wear makeup to give the illusion of clear skin, big eyes, red lips and dainty brows; they will have no body hair at all; they will have thin, tiny figures and high, somewhat annoying voices.

The problem is that this is not a woman. Women have body hair; their faces are not perfectly even with flawless skin, huge eyes and red lips; their bodies have some fat and are not tiny.

It seems to me like men, or women who like women sometimes, prefer a woman to look like a little girl. Little girls have hairless bodies, big eyes, smooth skin and petite figures. Not even a teen girl, a little girl. Teen girls have body hair and so-so skin.

It seems to me that the modern image of a beautiful woman is of a little girl with big breasts.

I find this very disturbing.
***Minors 13 to 17, look away. Genitals are discussed.***

I don't mean to be mean, so I'll just say it.

Okay. I'm not sure... That this is entirely fair. Some girls are still attractive even with a little acne, m'kay. Some girls are attractive with a little body hair in the right places. Really it depends upon the person's preferences.

But hair/acne everywhere is unattractive to men. If you had told me that you had some sort of medical condition to where you turned into a sasquatch I'd be a little more... Empathetic... Because... To illustrate, men are like bears or gorillas, they're supposed to grow hair everywhere. Women are the complete other, they aren't supposed to resemble anything in nature. (Yin/Yang)

I don't know this for a fact but I can speculate; women like big, hairy, muscular men. For defense and for warmth/intimacy purposes. They want to be held by their complete other and know that they're safe. And men don't want to be with women who are like men (unless that's their fetish or they're gay) because it is counter-intuitive to their preferred ideal.

Women are not the only ones who have to live up to expectations. M'kay? Women like men to be Ubermensch, because Ubermensch gets the job done no matter what the job is. Women would say that a guy that doesn't take showers, put on deoderant, and have a big dick to be child-like. So really, when a woman doesn't shave or (fill in the blank to maintain themselves) it shows a sign of immaturity to the male gender.

Because every woman wants a little penis right? :shrug: Or am I just nuts? And if this is true, you can't judge guys who like big tits.

Sundance

Premium Member

So in today's culture it's sort of taken as a given that attractive women will wear makeup to give the illusion of clear skin, big eyes, red lips and dainty brows; they will have no body hair at all; they will have thin, tiny figures and high, somewhat annoying voices.

The problem is that this is not a woman. Women have body hair; their faces are not perfectly even with flawless skin, huge eyes and red lips; their bodies have some fat and are not tiny.

It seems to me like men, or women who like women sometimes, prefer a woman to look like a little girl. Little girls have hairless bodies, big eyes, smooth skin and petite figures. Not even a teen girl, a little girl. Teen girls have body hair and so-so skin.

It seems to me that the modern image of a beautiful woman is of a little girl with big breasts.

I concur with you, dearest @Rival, on the matter. If I may, I'll offer my own feelings.

Me, I find your above description all too accurate in depicting the “standard woman”. I don't particularly care for that, really. What I care more about is her personality, if she and I can connect in a real way.

Physically, a woman doesn't have to posess these features for me to find her beautiful. (I do possess an infinitely broad aesthetic in general.) To be frank (this coming from my own experiences), I very much prefer women who do not meet aforementioned standards.

Araceli Cianna

NO, preferring women that maintain themselves and give a **** about their appearance does not make one a pedophile.

Some might argue though there's a difference between maintaining yourself (e.g. wearing deodorant so you don't smell) and unnaturally beautifying yourself (removing bodily hair for 'aesthetic' purposes).

As a woman who likes both men and women, I do not deny a physically attractive woman who beautifies herself is appealing - but I also know it is not real and so enjoy the 'natural' too. I can appreciate a makeup free face, I can appreciate bodily hair, I can appreciate other such things, but if a woman doesn't care for her hygiene (so it's really a matter of hygiene vs beauty here and hygienically speaking it's better for women to have bodily hair rather than removing it...) then that's a total turn off. A smelly, greasy, dirty person is attractive to no one (or so I would hope) man or woman alike.

Indagator

Also i prefer women to not have body hair. It got nothing to do with me liking little girls, i just want my women to look opposite of men, as much as possible.

This is the kind of Women I like MMMMMMMMMMMM.

Attachments

• b80.png
    b80.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • avn42.jpg
    avn42.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 0
  • az1.jpg
    az1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 0
  • b96.jpg
    b96.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

atanu

Premium Member

An ant married an elephant and had a fabulous night. Then in the morning the elephant died. Ant while digging a grave for the dead partner sighed "A night of passion and eternal drudgery".

Is the opposite of what you note not true also? Illusion is coded into our so called physical existence. Dream life is a little better -- at least we know the play of dream as dream. Deep sleep state is nearly perfect, except that mind is unaware of the dangerous seeds that are germinating there.

So, where is perfection?

dfnj

There are 7 billion people on the planet. If only women according to your specification where the only ones desirable there would not be so much copulation going on. I think your statement is patently false. Men of every possible type and description will love women of every possible type and description. I think the problem with your way of thinking as more to do with the men you are picking to be with than any broad generality about men.