• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Jehovah's Witnesses still preach from door to door in times of Corona?

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Hello,

does anybody know whether Jehovah's Witnesses still preach from door to door in times of the Corona virus?
Does anybody have an idea about the official position of their leadership with regard to the issue?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
No, not right now. We are taking this seriously. We want to help people...save them, if we can. We would feel awful if, by talking to someone at their door, we gave them Covid!

When this threat is over, though, we’ll resume.

Please visit JW Broadcasting for the latest updates.

Take care.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Hello,

does anybody know whether Jehovah's Witnesses still preach from door to door in times of the Corona virus?
Does anybody have an idea about the official position of their leadership with regard to the issue?
I haven't had any of them knock on my door in London since the virus crisis, not that that is conclusive.

But I hope for their sake they have suspended operations, as round here the JWs are nearly all black and thus apparently at higher risk from the virus than white people, for reasons that are not yet understood.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Hello,

I typically get one visit a year and there's been none this year.

Milton Platt

No, not right now. We are taking this seriously. We want to help people...save them, if we can. We would feel awful if, by talking to someone at their door, we gave them Covid!

Take care.

Sounds like a lack of faith........But thanks for being considerate of others.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Take care.

Can I ask. Not being rude. Have masks been considered when going door to door?

greenvalley

It's My Birthday!
no, not since the covid-19 started where it is best to keep social distance and wearing mask in order not to spread the desease to other people. Jw's have other ways to preach to people such as letter writing, telephone witnessing etc.

greenvalley

It's My Birthday!
I haven't had any of them knock on my door in London since the virus crisis, not that that is conclusive.

But I hope for their sake they have suspended operations, as round here the JWs are nearly all black and thus apparently at higher risk from the virus than white people, for reasons that are not yet understood.

greenvalley

It's My Birthday!
no not since the covid-19. Jw's have other ways to preach to people, also Jehovah's witnesses are made up of all different races in this world.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
No JW visits since March ......... We spoke with our JW friends in March when they cycled past our home. Cycling is allowed here for exercise. They stopped near our driveway and we chatted for several minutes.

But, No, no visits since then.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Can I ask. Not being rude. Have masks been considered when going door to door?
FYI, I would never think you were being rude to me!

The answer is simple: we are just not going from door-to-door.
So it's a moot question.

When the danger is past, we will resume.

Take care of yourself, my cousin.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
FYI, I would never think you were being rude to me!

The answer is simple: we are just not going from door-to-door.
So it's a moot question.

When the danger is past, we will resume.

Take care of yourself, my cousin.

Not sure how it's moot?

Why wasn't (or was it) masks an option?

rosends

Hello,

I don't think so -- I have gotten 3 phone calls from them, though.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Not sure how it's moot?

Why wasn't (or was it) masks an option?
Question for you: Are masks 100% effective?
The only effective way to keep from spreading this life-threatening disease, is to stay away from others.

That’s not hard to understand, is it?

Our preaching work continues... mainly through phone calls & writing letters.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Are you okay?
I'm just curious, that's all; nothing big about the question.
Question for you: Are masks 100% effective?
The only effective way to keep from spreading this life-threatening disease, is to stay away from others.

I personally do not believe they are 100% effective. Though, we tend to wear them pretty much everywhere were were cannot social distance. So, unless maybe there's thirty or some odd people in one small living room, I don't see wearing masks alone is a problem.

If door-to-door is commanded by Christ, and people wear masks when they can't social distance, it would make sense (at least to me) that since its a command by christ one would take the next best step to wear a mask.

I can see if there were no such masks, then you have a point. Since it's commandment by christ, wouldn't masks be the next best thing if you really need to evangelize to get people to come to christ by biblical mandate?

That’s not hard to understand, is it?

Get some fresh air?

Our preaching work continues... mainly through phone calls & writing letters.

I don't care for those either. I'd rather talk to people who show interest "first" than calling people with whom I don't know will. But my point is since it's a christ-mandate to evangelize, why not wear masks? (In public, it's not 100% effective. The cases are still going up, it seems. But people still do it. So...)