• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Deists go to church?

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Do they generally find a place to worship?

Some do, however, most do not. I was raised in the south, where it's more of a cultural thing than anything. I was raised by a family that was largely mainline protestant in some way or another, so it kind of stuck with me. My grandmother is United Methodist, and I occasionally attend church with her, especially since my grandfather passed away, and I didn't want her to go to church alone every Sunday. As far as what church a deist would feel most comfortable in, I would have to say a Unitarian Universalist church would be your best bet due to lack of a formal creed. As the drag queen Betty Butterfield once said "Half of em's witches, half of em's atheist, and the other half don't know what they believe."